Our partner

How Has This Forum Affected You?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

How Has This Forum Affected You?

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:16 pm

This question (originally to poxalis) is a very good question for everyone here to answer:

solemnlysworn wrote:Has posting here ever aided your mental state?

I would ask it this way though:

Has posting here ever affected your mental state, either positively or negatively?

Have you noticed any changes in yourself since you first started posting here (in personality and/or behavior)? What about other members, have you noticed changes in anyone else?

Please explain your answers.

As for me, I don't think I've changed at all since I first started posting here, and I've been here for quite a few years now (minus the few breaks I've taken). If anyone here thinks I have changed in some way, I'd like to know how.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How Has This Forum Affected You?

Postby ZeroZ » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:33 pm

I generally don’t think this site is good for my mental health, trying to gain insight which I think in a lot of cases was mixed up for something else in my case. There is decent knowledge here, but also a huge pile of #######4 to step through toget to it. The truth, from a practical standpoint, mental health related is usually much simpler and more straight forward and requires an outside professional opinion. So my answer to that is I don’t take anything here too seriously.

I have noticed more than a few members who seem different, I think it’s part of the growth process. Which for people with PDs can be painful but very important. @Reaper you have been thinking on a deeper level from what I’ve noticed, just in a analytical type of way, you appear to be looking for the answer to something, I suppose like we all are.
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Manners73 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Posting here has helped me to remember a lot of important things in my life..

I sometimes think people must get bored of seeing me process my memories on here all the f*cking time but it does help me.

I'll sometimes see a post and a memory will come flooding back to from a time gone by and then I just type it down and then I feel better.

I can't say this forum has changed me as a person because I already did all my changing before I came here but it has helped me to see myself as more of a "human" as people here (believe it or not) have been quite kind in a sense that I'm allowed to express myself without fear of discrimination if that makes sense.

I don't know if people have changed since I've been posting as its been too quiet to tell.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:32 am

Postby octopustentacles » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Downward spiral straight to hell.
octopustentacles
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby saucygirl31 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

id like to know how you guys think this forum affected me, too

have I akways been cool or did I learn to become cool?

fair warning - I will strongly react to your analysis and defend myself til the end
saucygirl31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:32 am

Postby ZeroZ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:05 am

saucygirl31 wrote:id like to know how you guys think this forum affected me, too

have I akways been cool or did I learn to become cool?

fair warning - I will strongly react to your analysis and defend myself til the end

:lol:
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Generally, if people are honest then it can be a benefit. If they're here with a persona then it's going to f*ck them up.

Personally, I find it useful. It helps me to structure thoughts and bounce issues that are going around in my head.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby slither » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 am

After consulting with a world-class breeder and finding out what a psychopath really is, I asked what types of bodies are out there. He said Xivilai, Ectomorph and mesomorph.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Postby xSid » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Reaper wrote:This question (originally to poxalis) is a very good question for everyone here to answer:

solemnlysworn wrote:Has posting here ever aided your mental state?

I would ask it this way though:

Has posting here ever affected your mental state, either positively or negatively?

Have you noticed any changes in yourself since you first started posting here (in personality and/or behavior)? What about other members, have you noticed changes in anyone else?

Please explain your answers.

As for me, I don't think I've changed at all since I first started posting here, and I've been here for quite a few years now (minus the few breaks I've taken). If anyone here thinks I have changed in some way, I'd like to know how.

Its been helpful, esp when I first joined years ago, that I was in a confused period of my life. Typing out my thoughts, and mentally translate them, and structure them, was something I have never had the need to do before and was helpful to actually make more sense of some of my thoughts. Got some decent advice and support, too, whenever I asked for it

As for whether I have changed, alot, but idk if it's this forum or I just grew up. I see I post here for 5 years, had just turned 30, now I just turned 35. Got me another kid in those years, got quite some more time in jail, got completely over a phase where I was trying to be someone else and change myself. I am more aware and more accepting of who I am and of the fact that I made my life the way it is, cause deep down that's how I want it. Also when I first read the criteria for ASPD it was like a revelation to me, cause the psych doctor never explained me anything when he diagnosed me. Now, I don't believe I have ASPD, or that ASPD exists, or in personality disorders at all. I had to go through this forum and dig through the $#%^ that people write here dayily to come to that conclusion and tostop thinking if I should order my "disordere" personality and life
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 am

This forum gave me diabetes.

You ###$ insulin drainers!
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6