Our partner

If You Could Do Anything

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

If You Could Do Anything

Postby Reaper » Wed May 15, 2019 2:44 pm

If you could do anything (humanly possible) right now, with an unlimited budget, what would you be doing? And why that?

What is your ultimate goal in life, your endgame. What do you hope to achieve before you die?

You could die today or tomorrow, but let's assume you've got another 10 plus years to live at least.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 25, 2019 2:09 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: If You Could Do Anything

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Reaper wrote:You could die today or tomorrow

Is there something you want to share Reaper..?

I don't know what my ultimate goal is, there are too many possibilities and nothing really stands out. Right now I'd choose to disappear and start life over in another country, I imagine that's quite expensive nowadays if it's even possible at all, because I feel like anywhere whatever I do everything always comes down to stuff that happened in the past and it's holding me back.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 5:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

I'v never really planned to do anything in advance, but I end up doing what I've always wanted to do in the end; sometimes the route to get there is hard to define.

I've mentioned this recently, but visualisation is probably the one mental exercise that I trust the most, and it's proved its use over the years. I find planning and sticking to a plan almost impossible, and this serves as a good "passive" planning alternative.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Postby Reaper » Wed May 15, 2019 3:30 pm

cinnamoncookie wrote:
Reaper wrote:You could die today or tomorrow

Is there something you want to share Reaper..?

Nope. Just being realistic. Any of us could potentially die at any time. I'd like to think I have at least another 30 years of life left.

I don't know what my ultimate goal is, there are too many possibilities and nothing really stands out. Right now I'd choose to disappear and start life over in another country, I imagine that's quite expensive nowadays if it's even possible at all, because I feel like anywhere whatever I do everything always comes down to stuff that happened in the past and it's holding me back.

No matter how far you go, you can never run away from yourself.

As for me, if I had an unlimited budget I'd move to somewhere with a nicer climate, buy a nice house in the country and a big apartment in the city so I can circulate between the two when desired. I'd also like to travel the world, meet new people and experience different cultures. There's so much to learn and do and I want to do it all before I hit my expiry date.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby cinnamoncookie » Wed May 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Reaper wrote:No matter how far you go, you can never run away from yourself.

No but you can surround yourself with people, things, places that bring out a different side of you without getting constantly reminded of the kind of person you could but don't want to be.
cinnamoncookie
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby ZeroZ » Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 pm

I don’t really know, to be honest. I’d probably like to travel but it’s not a huge motivation for me. If I did I’d like to go to a Caribbean island for awhile surround myself with plenty of women, alcohol, and some good drugs. That’s honestly what I would probably do. I’d like to say travel Europe drink fancy coffee with my pinky in the air, and see historical places but that’s probably a lie. I don’t think I’d do that if it came to it
‘You must accept the truth’
ZeroZ
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

Postby GoswellDivorce » Wed May 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Id probably drive up north and go mushroom hunting and fishing. Id get very bored very fast if I had a disposable income.
GoswellDivorce
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

Postby Bellicose » Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Not humanly possible but if I could have one wish granted it would be to make the weakest currency the strongest currency suddenly. Just to see what kind of effect it churns out.
I'll slip through your fingers like water.
Bellicose
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Greebo » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 am

I stopped thinking about ultimate goals when I was in my early twenties, going around trying to achieve X, Y or Z as if it would make my life massively different. These days I just focus on being good at whatever I’m up to at the moment and doing the things I enjoy.

Money I have, it’s health that’s in short supply. I’m planning to go cave diving once I’ve recovered enough.

Tbh I don’t think money would change my lifestyle much, it’s possible to do most things on a budget in fact it’s often more fun.
Greebo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

If I had unlimited budget, I make myself bulletproof to any law. Realistically money =/= power but it's the closest thing to buying your way in I guess.

Will probably pour $$$ on nerds to come up with synthetic body parts to replace the bits I carelessly broke over the years.

I'd love to live long enough to see interstellar travel. Imagine just cruising in some space bubble sipping on an old fashioned while watching an accretion disc of a blackhole.

I'd pour more $$$ on research into maximizing TIME. Short of a cure for aging, I'd want something to help body recovery quicker and minimize time spent doing anything that doesn't interest me.

I don't want to never die but I'd want to never age. If I go, I'd want it to be an accident or just coz I pushed it too far.

I don't really fantasize about it too much as any visceral experience trumps any imagination no matter how conceptually interesting.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (11)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum