Our partner

how do you feel when people yell at you?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

how do you feel when people yell at you?

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

i typically become aggressive when people yell at me
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: how do you feel when people yell at you?

Postby Bellicose » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:38 pm

I typically start laughing.
I find it cute.
Aww.
<3
Sexual Objectification.
Bellicose
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:13 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 pm

i take it as a challenge.. who can make who back down?
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:46 pm

I used to find it funny when I was younger. The louder and more angry they was the more funny I thought it was.

I don't get yelled at these days but if I did I think I'd be torn between laughing in their face and biting their nose off.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:13 am

Postby SoloZombie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 pm

I don’t like it, I usually feel the need to escalate to over whatever it is they are doing. Sometimes I just stare at them without blinking or reacting at all. You would be surprised how unnerving people find this.
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KeisezrG » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:54 pm

Depends in what mood i am, in most cases i might laugh and find it amusing and in some other days i might be more reactive and become angered.

I guess it depends if i am into playing little games that day or not.
KeisezrG
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:13 am

Postby Greebo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:59 am

Derision mostly. There’s something histrionic about it and I tend to view those who are prone to emotional outbursts as slightly effeminate, consequently I probably tolerate the behaviour better from women than from men.

Back when I was living with Ryan who was diagnosed with NPD, Strange and I had a couple of gas powered bbguns we used to shoot him with until he settled down. In retrospect, understanding his psychological fragility, it probably wasn’t very kind but it was certainly satisfying.
Greebo
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:13 am

Postby SoloZombie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 am

Greebo wrote:Derision mostly. There’s something histrionic about it and I tend to view those who are prone to emotional outbursts as slightly effeminate, consequently I probably tolerate the behaviour better from women than from men.

Back when I was living with Ryan who was diagnosed with NPD, Strange and I had a couple of gas powered bbguns we used to shoot him with until he settled down. In retrospect, understanding his psychological fragility, it probably wasn’t very kind but it was certainly satisfying.

No,not kind at all. Depending on what sort of shlt he was pulling
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Oblivion » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 am

Annoyed. Yelling diminishes the validity of whatever point they're trying to make. It means emotions are involved, which suggests that they have additional, more personal problems with the issue at hand. Problems that have nothing to do with me. I'll gladly assess whatever it is I did or said to anger them, but not if I have to play a part in their little drama.
Oblivion
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 am

Greebo wrote:Derision mostly. There’s something histrionic about it and I tend to view those who are prone to emotional outbursts as slightly effeminate, consequently I probably tolerate the behaviour better from women than from men.

Hmmmm.
I've noticed it's often it's the penis possessors that fly off the handle and it's vagina carriers that stay calm and do the silent treatment or whatever.

I remember my mother being calm and cold and it would work my father into a frenzy while she would look down her nose at his antics with disdain. It didn't matter that he could physically hurt her. She would be "in control" and would emotionally batter him.

Then again I'm not sure what is masculine and feminine a lot of the time.

These words: men and women vs male and female vs masculine and effeminate.
Is male and female a descriptor of biology and man and women a descriptor of something else?
If that's how these words are used, then my father was the woman and my mother the man?

*shrugs*
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post