Our partner

What are your interests or things that you put time into?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: What are your interests or things that you put time into?

Postby TheUnknownofall » Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm

This is a problem I have: sticking to something or finding something interesting over time. When I get interested in something, I tend to go all-in and then three days later I'm bored and staring at a sh1t-load of expensive stuff I've bought that I've lost interest in.

Sometimes that interest comes back; sometimes not.

It's one of the most frustrating things to me, and in an endeavour to test whether I can actually do something to completion, I started learning to fly (with mechanical assistance) at the end of last year.

I'm still going at it, but it needs constant reminding. Every week it's the same process: I forget about it completely and then when my lesson is due, I'm all geared up for it again with renewed enthusiasm, convinced that I'll stay interested.

Two days later and I've not thought about it until my next scheduled lesson. The hardest part is the written stuff, as I have zero motivation to learn boring sh1t about air law or anything else that doesn't directly interest me. It's a struggle, but I've thrown sh1t loads of cash at it, so if I can't make this work then I think I'll be resigned to the fact that I simply can't do long-term projects.

I could pay extra and do the written stuff in a classroom, which would probably be better, as it's scheduled and I'd go and do it. But I really want to see if I can complete this using at least a modicum of self-discipline.

Well, yeah.
It's ###$ frustrating at times, like I once wanted to be a chef so I antended culinary school.
But after like a 2 weeks or so, I was completly like ###$ this and this job.(I got paid while learning)
and so I quit.

same with everything basicaly, which makes me think I am more bipolar or something, just about anything I am impulsive with I don't reveal it like mostly im chill.

But when I have the freedom to do something I am very picky.
TheUnknownofall
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Sun May 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Interests that I like to put time into include:

- criminal activity
- avoiding prison
- criminal psychology (I've always wanted to study and research it)
- collecting knives and other various weapons
- watching people
- hunting
- martial arts
- spending time with my parrot
- travelling (whenever the opportunity presents itself)
- riding motorcycles
- BDSM (pushing the limits)
- designing and building things (woodworking mostly)
- gaming (I'm not much of a gamer though. I only play them when I'm procrastinating, or if I have nothing better to do)
- procrastinating (I'm an expert at it)
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon May 20, 2019 6:00 am

vcrpamphlet wrote:What are you looking to do once you can?

Get my IMC rating and see what happens. I have a friend who's just passed his PPL, so I might buy a plane with him. I'd consider moving to Africa to do small freight transport, but not sure how practical that would be.

One of the first things would be to fly around the world. There are a few routes that light aircraft pilots use to get from the UK to Australia over a couple of weeks. I'd probably take a couple of months and use it as a giant world tour.

My friend thinks this is a great idea, but he also calls me Mad Murdock and pisses himself every time I say 'flaps'.

My wife and I go to Oz fairly regularly, and the idea of taking a year out, flying there myself and then spending a few months travelling around the country sounds pretty good.

-- 20 May 2019, 06:02 --

Reaper wrote:- spending time with my parrot

Long, romantic walks along the beach or is he more of a go-out-clubbing kinda parrot?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 am

Postby vcrpamphlet » Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 am

Starting to smell like bullsh-t there, old boy. That, or the crappiness of the Game of Thrones finale is still stuck in the nostrils somewhat. What an abomination that was - 80 minutes I'll never get back.

It's interesting when people describe aspects of their real lives on here, what they present the most saliently, how the phraseology gells with the logic of the content and so on. Probably psychopaths notice the same kinds of things I can't help noticing, I suppose.

But it's usually better to ignore those observations and take most things at face-value; there isn't much difference to the reader between truth and bs on here, when you think about it - not unless you're somehow invested beyond the content of the exchange.

That actually sounds awesome. Didn't realise you could do that sort of thing from the air. What brings you to Australia so often? If you're ever down in Melbourne or Tasmania it'd actually be good to catch-up. (I mean that seriously.)
vcrpamphlet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am

It does sound good; whether it will actually happen is another thing; I'm not through half of the course yet and have only done one exam out of nine.

Mainly we're floating between QLD and NSW with family and friends. Most of my wife's family are there along with some of mine.

Maybe we could invite Reaper along with her parrot.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:37 am

Postby Reaper » Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 am

justonemoreperson wrote:
Reaper wrote:- spending time with my parrot

Long, romantic walks along the beach or is he more of a go-out-clubbing kinda parrot?

It's a 'she'. She's a demanding little bird, yet very affectionate. She loves long, romantic walks on the beach before a wild night of clubbing.

Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post