Our partner

Are personality disorders even real?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Are personality disorders even real?

Postby SoloZombie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:02 pm

9-5? Yeah I wish, that’s when I eat my lunch and start on the other half of the day.
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Gauss » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 pm

9-5? Yeah I wish, that’s when I eat my lunch and start on the other half of the day.

is that your idea of banter, because it just makes you sound overweight.

there is no getting away from the fact that you chose your little box.
the worst thing that can be said about society is that it makes becoming a wage slave the easy option. because there are lots of menial tasks which rich people are prepared to pay poor people to do.

the other options all require you to apply effort and take risks but your choice not to do either of those things doesnt mean they don’t exist.
Gauss
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:59 am

Postby SoloZombie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm

You sound like you have no actual life experience to me.
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Postby Gauss » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:35 pm

You sound like someone who didn’t have a counter argument :)
Gauss
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:59 am

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:25 am

Gauss wrote:

is that your idea of banter, because it just makes you sound overweight.

there is no getting away from the fact that you chose your little box.
the worst thing that can be said about society is that it makes becoming a wage slave the easy option. because there are lots of menial tasks which rich people are prepared to pay poor people to do.

the other options all require you to apply effort and take risks but your choice not to do either of those things doesnt mean they don’t exist.

"I'm curious to what's your understanding of getting out of this "little box" and what "exists" "out there" that is "real" that ""is" outside" "boxes"."

"quotation marks"
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby CodexGigas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 am

SoloZombie wrote:Ok ok, relax alright. Before you shlt in your hat I’m not discrediting anyone’s struggle here including my own.

No struggle here.

What I am getting at is are they a mental illness? There are a lot of conflicting opinions on this in the psychological community. What I mean is, is it a way to label people with unsatisfactory personality traits as pathological? People’s personality develop and change in small degrees throughout life as we learn from life’s lessons.

No, some are just self centered twats.
A PD is no different, there are many cases of people with ASPD diagnosed in their 20s that no longer meet the criteria 10 years later. The same for borderline personality as one becomes better at dealing with strong emotions.

Not even remotely comparable.
I’ve been thinking about this a lot as a lot of my therapy sessions revolve around the way I think, percieve, and handle different situations. I’ve come to the realization that I don’t see my approach as wrong, it’s not the norm people find it strange I take care of myself and choose not to get deeply involved but I see it as an effective strategy.

So why bother about it on mental health forums staring at your navel sharing your special insights of the deeply affected by the sh!t you dumped on your head.
So from my perspective I am expected to change to adapt to a society that I fundamentally disagree with to have any reasonable measure of success, as we live in a society that will turn on you and punish you for stepping out of your little box.I think I despise the fact that I have to do this to accomplish anything, and I despise myself even more for actually doing it, and believe me I’ve tried it all my own way and was headed for homelessness or prison, so it is what it is I guess.

Dramatic
What is YOUR experience.

Society isn't the problem.
You are looking to be validated like you are anything special and different, but society in fact, doesn't give a damn.
CodexGigas
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Postby Mitmit » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm

If u think earth is round, then: yes, pds are real.
If u think its flar then: yeah, maybe its all make believe!
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 am

Postby CodexGigas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:59 pm

You know, I've watched PD transformation in the flesh, right before my very eyes.
PD is just another word for arsehole, with an audience dumb enough to believe their bs.
CodexGigas
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Mitmit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 am

CodexGigas wrote:You know, I've watched PD transformation in the flesh, right before my very eyes.
PD is just another word for arsehole, with an audience dumb enough to believe their bs.

If u could recognize a pattern, u would know why smart doctors began describing pds.
Mitmit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 am

Postby CodexGigas » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:19 am

Patterns of stupidy and belief in their own projected delusions?
Oh yes. Just because the other believes they are a good liar, doesn't suggest the receiver isn't seeing through their bs, does it?
CodexGigas
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post