Our partner

Readiness and response in AsPD

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Readiness and response in AsPD

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Yo, we're about to do some $#%^ that'll give the adrenaline response a spike. You in?

Does your heart pump harder? Do you stumble over should/oughts? Do get you excited? Do you ride straight through the feeling? Are you already committed before you can rationalise out of doing something stupid?
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Readiness and response in AsPD

Postby Manners73 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:16 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:Yo, we're about to do some $#%^ that'll give the adrenaline response a spike. You in?

Does your heart pump harder? Do you stumble over should/oughts? Do get you excited? Do you ride straight through the feeling? Are you already committed before you can rationalise out of doing something stupid?

I used to love doing things like that when I was younger. I would never even think twice about if or should I do it. The higher the risk the better to be honest. I'm defo already committed before I've even thought about the consiquenses. In fact the consequences don't even occur to me until I'm in a police cell or hospital and even then it's still all part of the ride.

It is very exciting...I feel like a king.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Manners73 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:31 pm

I doing have aspd by the way.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArchCannon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:Yo, we're about to do some $#%^ that'll give the adrenaline response a spike. You in?

I'm in, let's do it. You already got me excited.
...eyes covered in pink and bleach
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Postby SoloZombie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 pm

I get excited and my heart pumps harder
SoloZombie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 am

ArchCannon wrote:I'm in, let's do it. You already got me excited.

yeah buddy

SoloZombie wrote:I get excited and my heart pumps harder

Is it always a good feeling?

I get excited. but I don't feel it like you do.

I get deeper breathing and a more centred feeling. Switch gears kind of. Super focussed. You know sometimes where the gap between you and everything else disappears and you're just there. That's the kinda headspace I get in when it's serious-- If it's just messing around I don't get anywhere near that feeling.

When euphemisms pass and smoke clears, I think it'll make more sense. You're timeless and there's nothing else
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 pm

^^ive only experienced that sort of thing when I've taken drugs.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 pm

It may be the case that I have a form of ADD that is prone to hyperfocus. It's only something I've read up on casually so do not know much. Focus isn't something I can choose with any meaningful impact but when I'm zoned in I'm not sure much can topple my intensity towards the object of focus. It's all-consuming
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:It may be the case that I have a form of ADD that is prone to hyperfocus. It's only something I've read up on casually so do not know much. Focus isn't something I can choose with any meaningful impact but when I'm zoned in I'm not sure much can topple my intensity towards the object of focus. It's all-consuming

I hyper focus but it's only when I've got a goal to aim for. It's usually on a really mundane task though. Nothing that even nudges my heart rate or gets any adrenaline flowing.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Greebo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:19 pm

I don’t know that anyone has ever said that to me.

Silliness and absurdity have more of a pull on my character than a simple adrenaline hit. ‘Let’s climb the art building’ at 2am or ‘let’s go to Riga, like, right now’ more than ‘cocaine: do you want some?’. It’s more a kind of maniacal naughtiness mixed with sardonic whimsy rather than anything more sinister.

Appealing to my sense of humour is usually a pretty good way to get me involved.

On my own I tend to favour activities which combine adrenaline, skill and focus. I find there is a kind of satisfying tranquility to be found in them.
Greebo
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post