Our partner

Readiness and response in AsPD

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Readiness and response in AsPD

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Most of the time it's not chasing "adrenaline" per say because many things that are supposed to be adrenaline rushes don't have that effect if you know it's coming.

For me I just end up doing stuff. It almost seems quite rational and safe at the time although picking apart later I can see the flaws in my thinking and the severity of over confidence.

When I was a teen I used to want to do every job I'd see and want to just have a go because it looked fun. One time I saw a guy park his truck and left it running in a loading zone so I got in and took it around the block for a joy ride and making "deliveries" on behalf of the company to unsuspecting businesses that never asked for a pallet of bread. Never grew out of wanting to try everything but I learned if you ask nicely a lot of people will let you have a go and I didn't get into trouble. They'd even pay you!

I still have to resist taking things I see on the street though. It's like my head has to be told repeatedly that that large coil of copper wire is NOT rubbish. That just because the back of a van is open it is not an open invitation to help myself to the gifts that present themselves to me.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Manners73 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Most of the time it's not chasing "adrenaline" per say because many things that are supposed to be adrenaline rushes don't have that effect if you know it's coming.

For me I just end up doing stuff. It almost seems quite rational and safe at the time although picking apart later I can see the flaws in my thinking and the severity of over confidence.

When I was a teen I used to want to do every job I'd see and want to just have a go because it looked fun. One time I saw a guy park his truck and left it running in a loading zone so I got in and took it around the block for a joy ride and making "deliveries" on behalf of the company to unsuspecting businesses that never asked for a pallet of bread. Never grew out of wanting to try everything but I learned if you ask nicely a lot of people will let you have a go and I didn't get into trouble. They'd even pay you!

I still have to resist taking things I see on the street though. It's like my head has to be told repeatedly that that large coil of copper wire is NOT rubbish. That just because the back of a van is open it is not an open invitation to help myself to the gifts that present themselves to me.

You've got a point there because I never would think about things being an adrenaline rush when I was younger but I was just having a blast. I'd do things like jumping off high roofs, a bridge one time just for the fun of it. Getting into fights with people twice my size was another one. Breaking into shopping centres in the middle of the night (in the 80's and early 90s security wasn't up to much), joy riding in stollen cars, shoplifting, and alsorts of things. I'm pretty sure all these things did give me an adrenaline rush but I didn't do them with that in mind although I did get a buzz out of it...I'm too old for all of that now but a lot of it made me get banned from the entire city centre at one point as a condition of bail. I would break my bale conditions all the time because this was even more of a daring buzz for me. I was always sober and very rarely took drugs during these times so I can look back with fondness.

I still do have to beat the urge to steal because I am very light fingered and if I see something, anything I do feel that its mine for the taking. I've stole hammers, knives, tools from builing sites. Money from friends and family. Clothes and shoes from shops. Sometimes for survival but sometimes just for the kick and for momentums as well.

These days the adrenaline comes when I'm about to have confrontation with someone. I'm not to keen on it to be honest because I try and be civilised nower days so the confrontation can't go as far as I'd like it to and so I'm left pumped full of this chemical and I have to then do about two hours worth of HIIT to take the edge off.

Maybe I should start smoking weed or something.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 4:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby easiersaidthandone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 am

solemnlysworn wrote:Yo, we're about to do some $#%^ that'll give the adrenaline response a spike. You in?

No. Someone tells me that I'll question shlt/get them to explain. I'm going to get some control, I don't jump into shlt with someone without knowing their intentions and if I'm being played/set up. I do shlt at my pace, not yours, so settle down.
I don't fake it. I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Gauss » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:10 pm

^Obvious narcissist is narcissistic
Gauss
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 pm

easiersaidthandone wrote:No. Someone tells me that I'll question shlt/get them to explain. I'm going to get some control, I don't jump into shlt with someone without knowing their intentions and if I'm being played/set up. I do shlt at my pace, not yours, so settle down.

If you need a couple of hours to wash your hair first you could've just said
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SoloZombie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:29 pm

And put his make up on
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Postby easiersaidthandone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 pm

havent had long hair in awhile. get mogged skinny coke head :lol:
I don't fake it. I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm

How are you going to hair flip your way out of conversations now
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:41 am

:mrgreen:
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:02 am

Manners73 wrote:
I still do have to beat the urge to steal because I am very light fingered and if I see something, anything I do feel that its mine for the taking. I've stole hammers, knives, tools from builing sites. Money from friends and family. Clothes and shoes from shops. Sometimes for survival but sometimes just for the kick and for momentums as well.

Obviously I never did this. Hypothetically, if you got an excavator key set on ebay for like 50 bucks that comes with all the keys and the locks on the front can easily be shimmed. Just drive in at 2 in the morning, use their own excavator to load up rolls of copper wires and drive off. On big government projects, it's all insured anyway. If they have security, usually desperate middle easterns on minimum wage. A bag of coke makes them go away. Some sites have expensive CCTV cameras so some guys take those too. Those little trench rollers go for twenty grand a pop and you can fit like six of them on the back of a tipper. All just hypothetical imagination obviously.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post