Our partner

Lizard brain...

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Lizard brain...

Postby Manners73 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:25 pm

I've not heard of this until recently and I've only researched it a little bit to be honest.

I do relate to what I have looked at so far. It's so frustrating as well but if anyone has any knowledge of it here or if anyone experiences this and has learned to overcome it then would you mid sharing please?
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lizard brain...

Postby PavlovsPuddyTat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 pm

Manners73 wrote:I've not heard of this until recently and I've only researched it a little bit to be honest.

I do relate to what I have looked at so far. It's so frustrating as well but if anyone has any knowledge of it here or if anyone experiences this and has learned to overcome it then would you mid sharing please?

For me lizard brain is much about avoidance behavior (which also can include procrastination).If I would manage to conquer my lizard brain i would probably be able stop procrastinating important stuff (that directly/indirectly relates to me perceiving something in terms of risk - particularly risk of failure to perform what I should perform). I doubt i would manage to stopp procrastinating boring stuff stuff i I conquered Lizzy. I don't see boredom as related to risk in any way.

Possible strategy to conquer Lizzy.. : :idea:

I externalize Lizzy buy buying a lizard from some terrarium/petshop. Lizzy would then spend the rest of its life filling a symbolic function of my lizard brain - now externalized and put in a container where it can no longer rule my world. Lizzy would become objectified every day by being called a protozoon. Since I am one of those emotional people who also feel remorse I could stay calm knowing that Lizzy pea-brain would not suffer a psychological trauma by the the verbal abuse and objectification.

My joke is only partial - I do actually see some meaning in performing symbolic activities as a way to shift my perception way of thinking about stuff. I don't really see this as feasible for me though.

So if not going for symbolic battles with Lizzy externalized into a glas-box in the bedroom or living room I think another step would be to read the Linchpin by Seth Godin and look for other sites where they may give valuable advice on how to battle Lizzy.

Then I would also have to read some book on how to become better at taking advice and follow instructions

(<--- Some home improvement work to do)

:mrgreen:
Inadequately linear and sufficiently deviant to qualify for Pharmaceutical money-spinning
https://youtu.be/whwiMrBNWCA
https://youtu.be/jHfpWqiU4ss
PavlovsPuddyTat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Manners73 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm beginning to think that the hate, anger and utter contempt I feel for certain people is in actual fact some kind of lizard brain activity.

It's because these feelings are irrational and totally blown out of all proportion.

I can't go around feeling murderous thoughts for someone just because I sense that something is off.

This is destructive behaviour to say the least.

-- Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:18 pm --

I do like the idea of a lizard in a tank in the corner of the room.

It'd give me something to share my thoughts with at least. maybe it might carry my burden.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby PavlovsPuddyTat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Manners73 wrote:I'm beginning to think that the hate, anger and utter contempt I feel for certain people is in actual fact some kind of lizard brain activity.

It's because these feelings are irrational and totally blown out of all proportion.

I can't go around feeling murderous thoughts for someone just because I sense that something is off.

It'd give me something to share my thoughts with at least. maybe it might carry my burden.

Not sure if that is the only explanation. Perhaps part of it. You seem to read risk and danger into the situation and I wonder if that is proportionate to what is going on there. So yes, maybe Lizzy is playing a role in massive signaling of danger in the situation. But it seems also like a bit of you being hooked up on ideas. The obsessive aspects. Looping around the problem and it gets worse. I don't think Lizzy has in charge of all that imaginative stuff that may spice up reality to quite some extent.

Yes, get a colorful Lizzy - a reminder of the creative mind that enjoy spicing up misery :idea:
Inadequately linear and sufficiently deviant to qualify for Pharmaceutical money-spinning
PavlovsPuddyTat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Brandon1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 pm

lizard brain lol wtf
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Postby Manners73 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

PavlovsPuddyTat wrote:
Manners73 wrote:I'm beginning to think that the hate, anger and utter contempt I feel for certain people is in actual fact some kind of lizard brain activity.

Not sure if that is the only explanation. Perhaps part of it. You seem to read risk and danger into the situation and I wonder if that is proportionate to what is going on there. So yes, maybe Lizzy is playing a role in massive signaling of danger in the situation. But it seems also like a bit of you being hooked up on ideas. The obsessive aspects. Looping around the problem and it gets worse. I don't think Lizzy has in charge of all that imaginative stuff that may spice up reality to quite some extent.

Yes, get a colorful Lizzy - a reminder of the creative mind that enjoy spicing up misery :idea:

You're right I do go loopy with my obsessive thoughts. I actually enjoy doing it as well but then it crosses the line and becomes dangerous for me. It's a bit of psychosis I think.

My minds actually been clear these last few days so I'm enjoying the break until the next time.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby PavlovsPuddyTat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Manners73 wrote:
PavlovsPuddyTat wrote:

You're right I do go loopy with my obsessive thoughts. I actually enjoy doing it as well but then it crosses the line and becomes dangerous for me. It's a bit of psychosis I think.

I can relate to some extent. When I go a bit hypomanic and target my attention on some object. It can be anything , including people . If one has a bit of vivid imagination, stress too much and sleep to little one end up in the perfect place for paranoia. One doesn’t have to be diagnosed to go a bit nuts with insufficient sleep.

But I have only a few times in my life had any kind of paranoid thoughts about other people. It is draining indeed. In the long run it’s not worth it. Ones perception of reality becomes quite screwed when in such states. Then I guess it’s just time to pull the breaks and try to ground oneself with suitable exercises.

My minds actually been clear these last few days so I'm enjoying the break until the next time.

Good :)
PavlovsPuddyTat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby slither » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:52 am

Manners73 wrote:I've not heard of this until recently and I've only researched it a little bit to be honest.

The reptillian is obligated to find warmth. The lizard is not.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Postby SoloZombie » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:53 pm

I’d rather have a lizard tongue, so I can love the laddies long time.
SoloZombie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Postby Manners73 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 pm

SoloZombie wrote:I’d rather have a lizard tongue, so I can love the laddies long time.

What a treat.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post