Our partner

Contempt, disgust, hatred & more

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Contempt, disgust, hatred & more

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm

I have contempt for a lot of people. These people disgust me and because of that, I have no qualms about screwing them over. I steal from them, I vandalise their stuff, I spread rumours about them, I say horrible things to upset them, for example "I hope your little child gets cancer and dies painfully" or "I'm glad your mother is dead." I pretend like I'm genuinely their friend and then I do these things when they least expect it to maximise the hurt it causes them, because I hate them.

I have no real friends because I can't respect people. I always find something unbearable about their personality or behaviour and then I want to see them suffer or be upset because of that. I'm frustrated because I WANT to like and respect people, but I just can't and I'm lonely. The most pleasure I get in life is from hurting others.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 7:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Contempt, disgust, hatred & more

Postby Manners73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 pm

My ex used to do things like that.

One time his next door neighbour (who was really old) died and he told the son of the neighbour that he died because he never visited so in effect he killed him. He used to laugh about that quite a lot.

He once pushed an old woman off the curb and she fell under a parked bus. We was in the bus station at the time so the bus wasn't due to set off.

He wasn't lonely though because he could charm the birds out of the trees with his lies but he had so much hatred inside him it's unbelievable.

-- Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm --

I would actually go so far as to say that he was/is a psychopath.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Manners73 wrote:One time his next door neighbour (who was really old) died and he told the son of the neighbour that he died because he never visited so in effect he killed him. He used to laugh about that quite a lot.

He once pushed an old woman off the curb and she fell under a parked bus. We was in the bus station at the time so the bus wasn't due to set off.

He wasn't lonely though because he could charm the birds out of the trees with his lies but he had so much hatred inside him it's unbelievable.

-- Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 pm --

I would actually go so far as to say that he was/is a psychopath.

So was your ex just a bully? I'm not really like that. I don't just go out causing harm to people unless they say or do something that gives me a reason to. I don't like causing pain just for the sake of it because I have morals. I give everyone a fair chance because I want to believe that there are people out there who are worthy of it. I actually despise people who bully anyone for any reason that I don't agree with.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

^^oh he didn't have to have a reason to do what he did.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm

It seems to me that I'm not quite normal, yet also not quite a sociopath/psychopath. I'm confused.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 pm

I'm confused too.

So you befriend people just so you can say something cruel so you can hurt them?

I'm not a sociopath but I think I have a sociopathic trait or two. I used to like befriending people who I believed I could humiliate in some way just for my own amusement. I also have quite a sadistic sence of humour that I have to keep in check because I can really hurt people when all I'm doing is having fun.

What are your reasons for wanting to hurt people?
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Manners73 wrote:So you befriend people just so you can say something cruel so you can hurt them?

No. I started out liking most of these people and actually wanting to be their friend.

What are your reasons for wanting to hurt people?

They say and do things that I find appalling and morally reprehensible. If I can't talk to them and get them to see that, then I lose all respect for them and it's at that point that I start punishing them.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:16 pm

You're a bit like judge, jury and executioner then aren't you.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Brandon1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Manners73 wrote:You're a bit like judge, jury and executioner then aren't you.

Call me Karma.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Fool » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am

Brandon1 wrote:They say and do things that I find appalling and morally reprehensible. If I can't talk to them and get them to see that, then I lose all respect for them and it's at that point that I start punishing them.

hello brandon.

what do you consider morally reprehensible?

conceptually i could stand by and explain what i mean, but honestly my "morals" so far are about as evolved as a puppy. if someone threatens the pack, or even if someone is mildly rude in a kinda probably almost certainly harmless way, i can go from mary poppins to peyton flanders in seconds.

what is strange though is that 99% of people this might not happen with because they are just people. i never expected anything except basic human nature from the 99%, but every so often i meet someone in the 1% who dazzles me with higher quality, and if THAT person even tiptoes around mediocrity or childish or mean behaviour, not only is it disappointing but i also get the deisre to "fix them" and if i cannot, then they join the 99%

i couldn't tell you if i have a lot of hatred or contempt, i am mostly just indifferent to mean people unless they start whining about their problems, but i do relate to wanting friends who inspire better behavior and who have a natural propensity for ethical conduct. it's sexy, and i do not like thinking that someone's better nature is simply a facade. tis possible i only have contempt for better people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJ4fzgQjA
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post