Our partner

Winning

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Winning

Postby Poisonchocolate » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:06 am

Let's see if anyone left here can relate to me right now. The feling when you outsmart someone like yourself. Some heartless bitch you wanna kill if he was right in front of you. But he isn't. Any moral person would think he's a dickhole psychopath as well. And you beat him. He tells you literally "you win" literally "I surrender". And you do just that. You win. Feels so absolutely ######6 incredible to win.
Poisonchocolate
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Winning

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:50 am

I can relate but the end effect was not sadistic pleasure but a new found respect and empathy.

A few days ago I eventually got caught out messing with a crew.

I'd been inside the structure for about half a year. The second in command could see the ripples and sent a lot of crumbs to try flush out who was behind the strings.

I wasn't exposed publicly because the first in command would have weakened their own position in the crew doing so. They made the decision of confronting me directly in private. It was slightly prematurely before they had done enough homework.

Basically said. I know what you're doing but I don't know why and that doesn't matter. If you don't step away, I will do this and this to completely destroy you. Then methodically proceeded to show me how the hammer was already cocked and ready to go. To sweeten the deal they offered a parting gift if I just went away.

I still had the upper hand as they missed something critical. I could have turned down the offer and keep going they didn't have me just yet. It was exciting. I could see genuine concern in their reply but I did not sense fear. I felt a firm controlled rage that they would absolutely go all the way if they had to. It was concern. Concern for what they treasured. What I was doing out of curiosity and for sh*ts and giggles was impacting their life and who they were protecting.

I respected the manner of their approach and the risk they took for not just themselves but those under them. I had an upper hand but realized I would lose in the long run as they had far more to lose. The parting gift turned out to be more valuable than anything I could have squeezed out of them. The second in command took the fall and I promptly disappeared as promised. I can still get to them but I won't ever touch them again out of respect and a kind of awe for what I sensed from them.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:40 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Siegfried » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:49 am

Lesson for the day. Have sex with a woman.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Postby Poisonchocolate » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:49 am

I admit, you have a different situation on your hands. I'm lucky I think that this particular gentlemen I mentioned is pretty much always high on cocaine
Poisonchocolate
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Manners73 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Poisonchocolate wrote:Let's see if anyone left here can relate to me right now. The feling when you outsmart someone like yourself. Some heartless bitch you wanna kill if he was right in front of you. But he isn't. Any moral person would think he's a dickhole psychopath as well. And you beat him. He tells you literally "you win" literally "I surrender". And you do just that. You win. Feels so absolutely ######6 incredible to win.

Was this a real life event or something online?
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Postby easiersaidthandone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Winning is a powerful feeling. I look to come out on top on anything I endeavor.

I'm pretty sure most people want to win, but I work especially hard to make sure it happens even with earlier failures. I find a way around it. There's nothing special about this, it's just dominance.
I don't fake it, I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby solemnlysworn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

I don't need to be the winner. That sounds exhausting.

For a while, when I was new to my job, first and second place had the same capped commission. I had no problem conceding first place to go out rather than busting a gut until late in the evening like first did on the couple of times he outperformed me. He made a point of mentioning it too, advising me on how he was there until 10pm and how I had some catching up to do lol. Who was really winning?

Now it's open-ended, I come top and make sure I do but only because I get more for it. The validation machine isn't in my internal incentive structure. No flashing lights or 20:0 undefeated record. Just my money and I'll slink away quietly.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby easiersaidthandone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Winning as in achieving what you've set out to do.
I don't fake it, I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Kirn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 am

Not really, winning is not worse than loosing.
If i need to win to make him shut up and stop pissing me off i'll do, but loosing is good too. Even if faking it.
At least i don't have to lose my time with crap i don't really care.
The only time i love to win is in fight, it mean i can let myself be violent and have the frustation lowering at the same time. Feel relaxing..
Kirn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Fool » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:18 am

i am not sure

in terms of achieving goals i tend to find the sense of accomplishment to be an anti-climax. the idea of winning tends to be greater than the reality, because the reality tends to come with caveats.

i don't particularly "need" to win so long as i can break-even. i guess it's kind of like investing? maybe you put a certain amount of collateral into some endeavour, and maybe it pays off, maybe it doesn't...if it pays off and you cash out, great? but what if you cashout after achieving your goal and in doing so forfeit the chance to profit further? is this still winning? the former is sensible, and the latter is generally stupid, but in my experience things only feel like winning when you beat the odds. achieving a goal doesn't seem like winning, even if you're goal is competing with someone else, whereas a successful gamble does feel like winning, despite the fact you probably had very little if anything to do with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqS1R4y7ic
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post