Our partner

how do you get over the urge

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

how do you get over the urge

Postby richard2002 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:03 am

when I regularly used a dissociative hallucinogenic which opened my eyes to various ways in which I perceived myself and the world around me, I started having violent scenes appearing in my mind upon the sight of most people and I couldn't escape it. (note: violent = stabbing, dragging, etc.) I had no problem with these scenes from a conscience standpoint but the fact that I was experiencing them very frequently was very annoying.

I stopped using the drug for a different reason entirely, and I continued having the visualizations but less frequently than before.

well, I'm using a different substance now that is a stimulant but does not heavily alter the way in which you perceive reality, but I feel so powerful and agile. I am starting to experience the same visualizations with an upward trend in frequency. I love drugs because they make my life more exciting but I hate having my mind occupied by this #######4 that I cannot do without getting arrested. How do you get over these urges, what is a good substitute to actually committing the action? I have no intent on actually doing anything I picture in my mind because I have way too many ambitions for myself to go to jail.
richard2002
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: how do you get over the urge

Postby Manners73 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 pm

You've just answered your own question in the last sentence.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Postby Siegfried » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 am

Would you suffer eternally, or internally?
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Postby Jonna » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:17 pm

I've never gotten over it…It’s like a simmering background noise that’s always there. Like a second nature. The most I can do is minimize its intensity through various tricks and methods – some which happen instinctively, others by consciousness. I know when I just don’t like somebody’s face the more I am around the person the more intense it will get. And I know how good everything is after the release. So I don't stay in environments where that is happening. If its ten feet away from the person, soon that won't be enough. The urge starts to catch up, so something needs to happen. I have found that ruining the person in an underhanded manner gives it some release, at least for awhile. I think being successful has also helped keep it at bay and knowing certain triggers…People often say I look calm….relaxed…comfortable maybe because my body holds itself in a way intended to keep the triggers well-insulated. People who know me now would never believe if I told them about all the stuff I did. I don’t even tell them because it doesn’t fit with my persona….it might negatively affect my self-interest or make it harder for people to trust me. Even where somebody is telling me about stuff they have done, I’ll just act naïve or like “wow”....I never let them goad me into tipping my hand. Plus, the innocent persona always gives me the element of surprise if an opportunity comes up that requires a betrayal of some kind. Physical fitness is another method to channel it. Plus, I don’t want to go to jail. That said, it still slips out from time to time. It has upsides...being more in control of it makes me a better schemer. with destruction of property, I think I just outgrew it. My job also affords me many opportunities for mental aggression, so I'm not directly destroying people's property but I can end up destroying somebody's interests and even get paid for doing it.
Jonna
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:20 am

Postby SoloZombie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Jonna have you ever tried medication, if so did anything work for you? Ssri help me a bit but I still have meltdowns at times. They wanted to put me on mood stabilizers to help with my irritability and violent thoughts but I didn’t want any more drugs. I’ve heard of low dose anti psychotics being use too
SoloZombie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Manners73 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Sometimes all I want to do is f*ck someone up the sh*tter.

It's an urge that if someone was readily available I'm not sure I could control.

And as I'm a civilised person I know it's not socially acceptable to rape the first arsehole I see and stab them with my prize winning cucumber from my daddy's allotment.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Postby SoloZombie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Manners73 wrote:Sometimes all I want to do is f*ck someone up the sh*tter.

It's an urge that if someone was readily available I'm not sure I could control.

And as I'm a civilised person I know it's not socially acceptable to rape the first arsehole I see and stab them with my prize winning cucumber from my daddy's allotment.

Lmao
SoloZombie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby sadfrog » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:54 pm

that sounds terrible, what do you do?
sadfrog
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:15 am

:(
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:06 am

Manners73 wrote:Sometimes all I want to do is f*ck someone up the sh*tter.

Combined with your username, this post is just.. just :D
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:20 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post