Our partner

Playing the victim

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Playing the victim

Postby Manners73 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Do you still want him gone?

He's caused me nothing but trouble for a full year so yes I want him gone.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:21 am

Are you going to get rid of him?

Sounds like the kind of person who is going to cause more damage hiding in the distance than if he is right next to you.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Manners73 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:03 am

I don't have the authority to get rid of people.

I know what you mean.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 pm

I play on hard times, illness, and the like to get away with conduct issues. Never really employed it as a political tactic for social monopoly, no.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:29 am

Manners73 wrote:I don't have the authority to get rid of people.

I know what you mean.

The work environment is like any other symbolic structure. "Authority" is only one of the dimensions of potential change. He seems to have covered many dimensions of conflict but there are weaknesses. Everyone has them.

That was a really convoluted way of saying

Maybe go around and find other ways to make him go away or be neutralized.

It's interesting to me to see how women react to males playing victims. It's unusual because helplessness is strategy to exploit compassion and guilt; something that women classically identify with and are stereotypically better at.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Manners73 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:33 pm

One of the first conversations I had with him he told me about his abusive childhood. Then later on I over heard him telling someone else a completely different version of events. This was my first warning sign. Nearly every story he tells is a hard luck story. The trouble is with telling me these things is that it has no real impact anyway whether it's true or not.

I can't say anything about him and what he's doing because I'm sick of the blank looks because no one can see or because management like him because he's a snake. And I can't say anything to him directly because he twists things and goes running to management with one of his hard luck tales of how hes being victimised.

Over time I've watched him befriend people only to stick the knife in and have them fired.

I know that I am overly protective of myself as well and acutely aware bordering on paranoia but it's what I've learnt to be as it seems I always come into contact with these characters.

You're right though it is usually women who do this type of thing.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HSS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Sometimes I play the victim, in intimate relationships only.
It's an unconscious behavior and I realize it later.
I suppose that it's a relief valve for my rage, I wish to hurt the other indirectly, more than a manipulative behavior to get something.
HSS
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Postby Manners73 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 pm

HSS wrote:Sometimes I play the victim, in intimate relationships only.
I suppose that it's a relief valve for my rage, I wish to hurt the other indirectly, more than a manipulative behavior to get something.

That's what I reckon it is with him. I think he's a very angry young man and he can't express his anger because he'd be fired or exluded or arrested even so he uses other measures to get his kicks.

I can actually see absolute fury in his eyes when I speak to him but the way he speaks and carries himself completely defies the look in his eyes.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HSS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 pm

Manners73 wrote:
HSS wrote:Sometimes I play the victim, in intimate relationships only.

That's what I reckon it is with him. I think he's a very angry young man and he can't express his anger because he'd be fired or exluded or arrested even so he uses other measures to get his kicks.

I can actually see absolute fury in his eyes when I speak to him but the way he speaks and carries himself completely defies the look in his eyes.

Do you think that he does it consciously?
HSS
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Postby Manners73 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:19 pm

It would be easier for me if I thought he didn't know what he's doing but I think he does do it consciously.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post