Our partner

What do you dream about?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What do you dream about?

Postby easiersaidthandone » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:12 pm

My dreams follow a narrative. I'll dream about a specific scenario or situation, and then have that dream again a week or two later, in which the plot and story continue.

My dreams are always either about having sex, running away from people who try to kill me, or me getting in fights or I end up killing someone. The times I do kill people they are in the moment. Not some kind of pleasure kill or anything. Just a ###$ up situation I got in.

What about you?
I don't fake it, I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What do you dream about?

Postby Brandon1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 pm

I've had recurring dreams as well.

I dream many things, but the violent dreams are the ones I remember the most. I've had some pretty awful nightmares where I'm being hurt or I'm hurting someone else, even though hurting others usually feels good while I'm dreaming it.
Brandon1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Very rarely do I ever recall dreaming. I can't remember the last time.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Manners73 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:02 pm

I have really action packed dreams.

I get sleep paralysis as well and I do that lucid dreaming thing as well but I'm not very good at that because when I know I'm in a dream I find it hard to stay asleep.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SoloZombie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm

A good amount of my dreams revolve around the theme that I am doing something that I know will kill me but I accept it and do it anyway. A black panther as a pet in the living room that will eat me eventually so I just keep him anyway, a black demon with solid gold etching looking like an Egyptian goddess that wants to seduce me have sex and then try and kill me. It’s pretty good stuff

Black, Death, and I don’t care... you tell me
SoloZombie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Manners73 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:40 pm

I always used to have the vampire dream and then in one dream the vampire got me and I never dreamed about it again.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby poxalis » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:29 pm

I dream of a lot of things but the dream of note to me are...

[*]dreaming being an oppsite gender. i did this a lot when younger, like early 20s.
[*]emotional dreaming. where your emotions are EXTREME and real (wake up and see you are actually crying).

okay, to be honest there are a third type, the most important and simultaneously unimportant. dreams of the future. just segments that show you a short moment of time that are unimportant. there was an actual study with dreams just as described so i feel more confident talking about them like they have truly existed. i've considered the explanation of "microsleep" or my brain procesing a current event as memory but i think about these dreams a good deal and THEN tey happen, no doubt. and i don't have them too frequently two i can give an example of:

i was a child at the time. i dreamed being at the edge of my friends pool. just came up from the water and up through the gate my mom comes in. something that never happened (she never came over to my friends). the exact moment occurred a short time later. the exact images to a T.

i dreamt I was standing in front of a large stone building with buses behind me. lots of people walking around. it took a good year or two for this to come true. it ended up being my college. the common bus depot in front of the main building.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby salles » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Everything. Often they are recurring.
Sometimes it can be of a place that I recall from another dream, rather than real life.
Sometimes it is the plot of a movie. In the dream I am aware I am composing a script, but can only ever get so far in developing the plot when the idea I cannot possibly continue because it is just a dream, causes it to end.
In recent years my ex appears... same 'ole theme of betrayal , mistrust, disbelief.
Animals probably appear more frequently than humans, in general; my cat being the main contender in these.
salles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Postby Manners73 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 am

Once I had a dream that I was eating bacon frazzles at work and I offered my colleague one and he said "I love bacon frazzles me"

So the next day when I went to work I went to my colleague and asked him if he likes bacon frazzles and he said "I love bacon frazzles me".

I don't think I'm psycho or anything but it was a bit funny.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eurus » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:07 pm

I was dressed in green and there was a body in the large wheel barrow I was pushing, covered by a frilly wool blanket. A conversation with the owner of the house, asking me to trim the hedge. I tried not to look at the finger which was not properly covered. I thought maybe I could get on with it and put some trimmings on top. I did not know why I had it in there in the first place, or why I had taken up the task of caring for it.
A neighbor approached, I woke up.
Which one is pain?
Eurus
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views