Our partner

Criminals and Victims of Crime

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Criminals and Victims of Crime

Postby Reaper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:55 am

First of all, let's look at what constitutes a crime:

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-a-crime-970836

To help answer the questions below, here is a list of Common Criminal Offenses Defined:

https://www.thoughtco.com/common-criminal-offenses-970823

List of All Criminal Offences – A to Z:

https://www.criminal-lawyers.com.au/offences

These are Australian offences, but many of them also apply in other countries.

If you are someone who has committed crimes that either did or could have sent you to a juvenile detention center or prison...

- How many crimes have you committed throughout your life? Feel free to list them if you wish.

- Why were you committing crime?

- Did you ever physically and/or psychologically hurt anyone during the commission of a crime? If so, how did that make you feel? Did you feel anything for the victim/s?

- Have any crimes you committed resulted in serious legal consequences? If yes and you've been caught and charged more than once, why do or did you keep committing crime?

- Have you ever been in a situation where your intended victim turned the tables on you and got the upper-hand? What happened?

- Do you have any interesting stories you'd like to share involving your criminal activities.

Questions for everyone:

- Ever been a victim of crime? Share your story.

- If you were a victim of crime, did you ever seek revenge? If so, how?

- Have you ever witnessed a serious crime while it was being committed (one that you didn't participate in yourself)? What was your reaction and what did you do?

- If you know someone personally who commits crime or has committed crime in the past, how do you feel about that?

- If you found out one of your close family members was killing people, would you turn them in? Why or why not?

- Are you a violent person capable of murder? If you were to rate yourself on the scale of evil, where do you think you'd sit?

https://exploringyourmind.com/the-scale-of-evil-from-self-defense-to-psychopaths/

http://evil.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_of_Evil
Sometimes I wish I could set the world on fire just to watch it all burn down.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Criminals and Victims of Crime

Postby easiersaidthandone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 pm

- How many crimes have you committed throughout your life? Feel free to list them if you wish.
Couple. Most are methodical; some impulsive.

Curiosity, thrill. Sometimes to regain power.

- Did you ever physically and/or psychologically hurt anyone during the commission of a crime? If so, how did that make you feel? Did you feel anything for the victim/s?

Yes; powerful.

- Have any crimes you committed resulted in serious legal consequences? If yes and you've been caught and charged more than once, why do or did you keep committing crime?
Yes

- Have you ever been in a situation where your intended victim turned the tables on you and got the upper-hand? What happened?

Nope

- Do you have any interesting stories you'd like to share involving your criminal activities.
Lol. Nice try.

Questions for everyone:
- If you know someone personally who commits crime or has committed crime in the past, how do you feel about that?
It makes them more interesting.

- If you found out one of your close family members was killing people, would you turn them in? Why or why not?

No. I would be inquisitive. Learn about them as a person and their motives, methods, etc.

- Are you a violent person capable of murder? If you were to rate yourself on the scale of evil, where do you think you'd sit?

According to that list both level 14 and 16. I could hypothetically kill for personal gain and I hypothetically fantasize about murdering someone for the sake of it; to add a notch to my count. However It wouldn't be based on any sadistic desire; unmotivated by suffering.

Happy Birthday.
We live in a primitive time, neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it. Any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jonna » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:16 pm

People who don't even have a criminal record telling those on an ASPD forum how to define a crime is pretty laughable. Anybody diagnosed with ASPD likely has been arrested for a crime as it is statistically impossible for them to have just voluntarily sought out treatment.
Jonna
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Postby Reaper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Jonna wrote:Anybody diagnosed with ASPD likely has been arrested for a crime

Not everybody with it gets arrested. Not all AsPD are that stupid...

as it is statistically impossible for them to have just voluntarily sought out treatment.

Not true. Seeking out therapy voluntarily may not be a common occurrence but it does happen:

People with antisocial personality disorder are unlikely to believe they need help. However, they may seek help from their health care provider because of other symptoms such as depression, anxiety or angry outbursts or for treatment of substance abuse.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20353934

Were you diagnosed with AsPD, Jonna? I'd be surprised if you were, you seem more borderline to me and a little autistic.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm

easiersaidthandone wrote:Happy Birthday.

Thanks

I plan to respond to this thread as well at some point. I'd like to see more responses between now and then.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Poisonchocolate » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 pm

I really can't think of a number. This isn't some float on "how bad I am" it's just that I really can't be assed to seriously think of every single instance. Besides the usual ones like piracy, it includes theft, possession and sale of illegal substances, possession of illegal weapons, carrying of illegal weapons, and illegal distilling.
Because those were things I wished to do. I wanted money, so I took the opportunity to get it. I wanted protection, so I took the opportunity to get it. Etc.

Never have physically done anything more than a threat. Psychologically I think is pretty BS, if you're psychologically damaged from something I've done to you you're a pussy.
No, actually.
No.
One of the prettiest crimes on the list, got caught impulsively shoplifting-- but that's only my suspicion that they caught me and didn't have good CCTV evidence. As I checked out the manager came to me and told me I could save money on my purchase if I just gave them my address so they would give me money based on gas used. She was incredibly nice and suspicious, I just said no thank you and have an explanation as to why I refused and went on my way.

Questions for everyone: omitted non applicable

It kind of depends on the situation. It certainly would be a conundrum. However, since I don't think any of my family members are capable of getting away with murder, I'd most likely choose to turn them in. Just makes sense practically. Avoids suspicion to a good extent.
Yes. I think I rank around 11. Definitely no higher than 14 and no lower than 10.
Poisonchocolate
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 am

Postby Reaper » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 am

Multiple petty crimes and a number of serious crimes. I couldn't say exactly how many.

On that A - Z list of criminal offences, I've committed:

Affray
Aggravated Animal Cruelty
Aggravated Assault
Animal Cruelty
Assault
Being Disguised with Unlawful Intent
Blackmail
Burglary
Careless Driving
Causing Injury Intentionally
Causing Injury Recklessly
Causing Serious Injury Intentionally in Circumstances of Gross Violence
Conspiracy
Control of Use of Dangerous Articles
Dangerous Driving
Dealing with Property Which Subsequently Becomes an Instrument of Crime
Destroying or Damaging Property
Dishonestly Obtain a Financial Advantage (Centrelink Fraud)
Drink Driving Exceed PCA
Drive While Impaired By Drugs (Drug Driving)
Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or of Any Drug
Driving While Exceeding the Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol
Drunk in Public
Drunkards Behaving in Riotous or Disorderly Manner
Exceed PCA
Exceed Prescribed Concentration of Drugs
Extortion with Threats to Destroy Property
Extortion with Threats to Kill
False or Misleading Information
Improper Use of Motor Vehicle
Loitering with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence
Obscene, Indecent, Threatening Language and Behaviour in Public
Obtaining Drugs of Dependence by False Representation
Obtain a Financial Advantage By Deception
Obtaining Property By Deception
Offensive Behaviour by a Person in a Motor Vehicle in a Declared Area
Period of retention
Possess Property Reasonably Suspected to be Stolen
Possessing Controlled Drugs
Possessing Controlled Weapon
Possessing Housebreaking Implements
Possessing, Carrying or Using a Handgun Without a Licence
Possess Drug of Dependence
Prohibited Weapons
Reckless Conduct Endangering Life
Reckless Conduct Endangering Serious Injury
Sabotage
Setting traps to kill (I did it for maiming)
Speed Trials
Stalking
Supply of Drug of Dependence to a Child
Theft
Threats to destroy or damage property
Threats to Inflict Serious Injury
Threats to Kill
Threats to Sabotage
Unauthorised access to or modification of restricted data
Unauthorised Modification of Data to Cause Impairment
Unlicensed Driving
Use of a Drug of Dependence
Using of Firearms in the Commission of Offences
Wilful Damage

I may have accidentally missed some offences on the A-Z list that I've committed, or excluded them on purpose.

Different crimes had different motives. Some I did purely for the money, others were for the risk and the thrill etc.

Yes. I didn't feel anything for the victims.

I've been reported to the police multiple times and got caught a few times, but I've always managed to talk my way out of situations. There are multiple situations where I could have been reported but wasn't. It's sheer luck that I'm not I'm in prison. Though, I never got caught for most of my crimes because some of them I only committed once. The others I committed multiple times.

Yeah, once, when I was trying to kill someone. I won't go into that story.

Yeah, I've had people offer me money to kill them to satisfy a death fantasy or for reasons of depression etc. I could tell a few good stories about the weird ways people are willing to die, but I'd rather not.

- Ever been a victim of crime? Share your story.

Yes, but mostly in fights, harassment and stalking. And people threatening to kill me etc, but most of those weren't even serious.

- If you were a victim of crime, did you ever seek revenge? If so, how?

Yes I did, physically.

- Have you ever witnessed a serious crime while it was being committed (one that you didn't participate in yourself)? What was your reaction and what did you do?

Yes. I just watched. I didn't care.

Aside from being a criminal myself, I've known a few ex cons that have committed multiple crimes. It was interesting listening to what they'd done.

No, because it's not my concern.

Level 14
Ruthless, egocentric, sociopathic schemers who kill and commit acts of violence to benefit themselves. The motive is almost always power, money, and/or social prestige.

In some instances (depending on the victim):
Level 22
Psychopathic torture-murderers, sadism being the primary motive. In most cases, the crimes tend to be sexual in nature, but other cases are not. The victims are subjected to a very prolonged, brutal torture and then killed to hide evidence.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Solowolfpack » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:03 am

God no, I would never do any of those terrible things.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby mysza » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:15 pm

mysza
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:06 am

Postby Solowolfpack » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am

Solowolfpack wrote:God no, I would never do any of those terrible things.

You know I have a lot of cool interesting stories from different points in my life but times I’ve crossed the line legally, I cannot think of one cool story or something funny happening. I mostly cringe to myself and think wtf was I thinking I could have been locked up and sued into my next lifetime and it’s a miracle I wasn’t too. I have some cool stories about being lit up on drugs but so does everyone.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post