Our partner

Thrill seeking

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Thrill seeking

Postby Reaper » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 am

Fool wrote:
Reaper wrote:Absofukinglutely, because I'm the one who ended their life. I'm the one who took away their hopes, their dreams, their future. I destroyed their entire existence.

again, i cannot understand how this matters at all. why do you care about their dreams or their future?

I don't, that's the fuking point. They do.

every single person's future has the same final destination, so why does speeding up the process represent some ultimate power trip for you?

Because having total control over another human and taking away their life, before their natural time is due, is like playing God, like being God, if only temporarily.

I'm not delusional. I know the power trip's an illusion, but it's a very addictive one. It's like taking a drug and getting a high from it.

Richard Ramirez once said:

"We've all got the power in our hands to kill, but most people are afraid to use it. The ones who aren't afraid, control life itself."

I like that saying. I think it's appropriate. In a sense you become like God.

every single person on the planet is approaching death without your help. so their life is never in your hands.

You are never going to understand. Maybe one day, if you ever decide to kill someone, you'll understand then.

if murder is the power of god, then what is cpr? if you kill someone, and i bring them back to life, do i not invalidate you and your belief system?

If there is such a thing as God, then he/she/it controls life and death. You could just as easily feel powerful for bringing someone back to life as I can from killing them. I bet many doctors do.

You wouldn't be invalidating my belief system because it's not a belief system. It's a feeling. If you were to bring back to life someone that I kill that will just mean I get the chance to kill them all over again.

Eight wrote:The obsessive drive towards omnipotence is a compensation for the feeling of impotence.

No, it's not because I still feel empowered in other ways. The power one can feel from killing someone is just a different kind of power, a stronger kind. One could say it's on a different level.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby CandleInTheWindow » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:41 pm

I get a thrill out of confrontation and squaring up to people.

I always have done. It gives me so much adrenaline that I feel like I could fly.
CandleInTheWindow
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 5:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby xdisconnectedx » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Once I liked the thrill in dangerous drug adventures, destroying stuff and stealing, climbing high buildings without safety device and screaming loud or talking to myself at public places.
But this year I took too much amphetamine and other drugs and since then I changed. I got anxious and developed many fears, like fears of highs and I'm very paranoid and a scaredy cat. Also got hypochondric. Fu*k amphetamine, it completely destroyed my fearless personality :roll:
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:07 am

Gauss wrote:So to summarize one user thinks he has experienced all the thrills life has to offer because he failed to kill himself with prescription drugs. A couple of other users who have never murdered anyone (and i suspect never done anything malign) have started to gibber about the thrill or murder and how the first user cannot know it if he hasn't tried it. Then some more users have become engaged trying to explain the ridiculousness of these positions.

beyond a bad joke about cannibals, it is difficult to see what this thread has going for it.
:mrgreen:

:oops:
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 9:11 am

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:41 am

OP, i suggest combination of exercise and danger to achieve the same level of adrenaline that you got out of danger. It can be any sport that includes the element of danger. You can study which one has the lowest chance of actually dying with the highest physical stress. For example sky diving, mountain climbing could be options. This might work especially if you are not physically fit because that will add the adrenaline caused by physical stress and that combined with the adrenaline of the danger included might make you reach the same level of adrenaline that you achieved by danger alone.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm

You ever see ozymandias fight in the film watchmen? :P

After attempting suicde under the same perameters, twice, I found I could move as he moves. Something tells me it's all about the diaphragm.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:14 pm

slither wrote:You ever see ozymandias fight in the film watchmen? :P

After attempting suicde under the same perameters, twice, I found I could move as he moves. Something tells me it's all about the diaphragm.

Suicide is not a good action to take.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Blueskywhitedove wrote:

Then don't take it? What I learned : murder is worth less than two, more than 1 less than one, and suicide is worth less than 1,000,001, more than 999,999.

Also what I've learned: the place you go after a completed suicide can not be liked more than this place, and, what you do here determines what could happen in the place one goes to because of completed suicide. Also, elation is not important.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:29 pm

slither wrote:
Blueskywhitedove wrote:

Then don't take it? What I learned : murder is worth less than two, more than 1 less than one, and suicide is worth less than 1,000,001, more than 999,999.

Also what I've learned: the place you go after a completed suicide can not be liked more than this place, and, what you do here determines what could happen in the place one goes to because of completed suicide. Also, elation is not important.

I'm not suicidal or homicidal.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post