Our partner

A world without empathy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

A world without empathy

Postby xdisconnectedx » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:27 pm

A year ago I was on a dissociative hallucinogenic substance. And I had an enlightened moment. One thing I thought about was empathy. And I came to the conclusion that in a paradise-like world where everyone is englightened and all the shadows of humanity don't exist emotional empathy isn't needed at all. Why should it? In "paradise" you simply wouldn't need it, because everyone is fine. Empathy is a tool for social understanding and a tool for handling problems. In paradise such problems wouldn't even exist. That lead me to believe that empathy is a sign for low development of intelligence. In higher consciousness it wouldn't be needed. Because there are no problems and everyone knows and understands everything without the need of emotional empathy. Everyone would have an enormous cognitive empathy, but emotional empathy isn't needed because no one has problems. Humanity shouldn't need it to exist in a peaceful way, that's definitely also possible without empathy. Also I came to the simple conclusion that empathy isn't needed for love. Love can exist without empathy and I read an article in this forum which said that psychopaths DO have a longing for love. So... are psychopaths maybe the universe's try to compensate the low development of humankind?
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: A world without empathy

Postby cutecactus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:10 pm

aRe PsyCHOpAthS thE neXt StEP iN hUmAn EvOLutiOn?!!?!

the answer is no
◝(x ◡ x ✿)◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby PsychoGenesis » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 pm

are psychopaths maybe the universe's try to compensate the low development of humankind?

as in the universe experiencing itself?? that was deep hahahah
i do appreciate your schizo tendencies and there's definitely a collective unconscious

but the ''collective'' part is either very dumb or manipulated(genocide sent greetings)

politics divide&rule since ever, you want ''better people'' than neurotics to keep'em in power??

btw whats the last time you had psychosis??
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 am

Postby naps » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 pm

A year ago I was on a dissociative hallucinogenic substance. And I had an enlightened moment. Penises. Penises everywhere. Millions of them. And I suddenly realized that their cylindrical shape was a metaphor for both my journey through life and the first Meat Loaf album, merging in a parallel blast of syncopated thought that propelled me downward through the undercurrent of my life to where my real essence was, shining like a beacon of hope, much like the golden arches of burgerdom might appear to a weary traveler, and I ate that burger, I held it in my hands and ate it as if it were a baby's head, still screaming for it's momma's breast, and I thought: tits. Just tits. It's been so long since I've sucked on a lady-boob. Am I missing something? Was my own mother's refusal to nurse me a warning sign that the feral dog who accepted me as one of her hungry puppies might have been actually made of beef and not dog-meat? And why all these sirens? They shouldn't be audible this far down. Where am I? What has happened to this place? There used to be a Twinkie wrapper over there. And next to it an upended oil tanker where I used to pay my wanking summonses. The lovely lady inside was kind enough to accept leaves and grass on the days I was short, bit if I were tall, like really tall, would I suffocate? Would you? Would anyone? And who exactly is that staring at me from inside my bong? There's a little man in there. And he's screaming, "Empathy! Empathy! Healthy empathy is a combination of both cognitive and emotional empathy! The paradise you speak of is impossible in both theory and principle. It is impossible to put more than two human beings together without something going wrong within the span of a few hours." And I found myself lost, bereft of all hope, unable to see the semen for the breast milk. Both white. Flowering gently into something brutal, it's molting season, by George, and this is one canary whose done mining for truth, because the truth hurts, like the serrated aluminum on a tin foil box when you're distracted by the last dying embers of moonlight that course through your veins as the new day beckons: come forth! appear! And do not fear the demons as they are but a figment of your emancipation! Undress! Send dick pics! Recycle! Like my vacation photographs! Do not enter! Do not fear your visions! Resist! Like the sands of time which erode the seeds of joy, you must resist! It is nothing! Another bong hit! And keep repeating the words which will keep the Black Forest of your past from the jell-o wrestling trophies of your future: It's only a drug...it's only a drug....it's only a drug...
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 am

Postby Reaper » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:51 am

My god, naps. I didn't know you could write like that. I think I just had an orgasm.

Or maybe it was all that talk of penises...
Sometimes I wish I could set the world on fire just to watch it all burn down.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PsychoGenesis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 am

naps is a master baiter
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 am

Postby RamadanSteve » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:09 am

This was really dumb.
RamadanSteve
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:27 am

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 am

naps wrote:A year ago I was on a dissociative hallucinogenic substance. And I had an enlightened moment. Penises. Penises everywhere. Millions of them. And I suddenly realized that their cylindrical shape was a metaphor for both my journey through life and the first Meat Loaf album, merging in a parallel blast of syncopated thought that propelled me downward through the undercurrent of my life to where my real essence was, shining like a beacon of hope, much like the golden arches of burgerdom might appear to a weary traveler, and I ate that burger, I held it in my hands and ate it as if it were a baby's head, still screaming for it's momma's breast, and I thought: tits. Just tits. It's been so long since I've sucked on a lady-boob. Am I missing something? Was my own mother's refusal to nurse me a warning sign that the feral dog who accepted me as one of her hungry puppies might have been actually made of beef and not dog-meat? And why all these sirens? They shouldn't be audible this far down. Where am I? What has happened to this place? There used to be a Twinkie wrapper over there. And next to it an upended oil tanker where I used to pay my wanking summonses. The lovely lady inside was kind enough to accept leaves and grass on the days I was short, bit if I were tall, like really tall, would I suffocate? Would you? Would anyone? And who exactly is that staring at me from inside my bong? There's a little man in there. And he's screaming, "Empathy! Empathy! Healthy empathy is a combination of both cognitive and emotional empathy! The paradise you speak of is impossible in both theory and principle. It is impossible to put more than two human beings together without something going wrong within the span of a few hours." And I found myself lost, bereft of all hope, unable to see the semen for the breast milk. Both white. Flowering gently into something brutal, it's molting season, by George, and this is one canary whose done mining for truth, because the truth hurts, like the serrated aluminum on a tin foil box when you're distracted by the last dying embers of moonlight that course through your veins as the new day beckons: come forth! appear! And do not fear the demons as they are but a figment of your emancipation! Undress! Send dick pics! Recycle! Like my vacation photographs! Do not enter! Do not fear your visions! Resist! Like the sands of time which erode the seeds of joy, you must resist! It is nothing! Another bong hit! And keep repeating the words which will keep the Black Forest of your past from the jell-o wrestling trophies of your future: It's only a drug...it's only a drug....it's only a drug...

I read it at 2X speed while not skimming over a single word. I suspect this is a little simulation of what it would feel like to be in the mind of naps for a moment.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 am

xdisconnectedx wrote:A year ago I was on a dissociative hallucinogenic substance. And I had an enlightened moment. One thing I thought about was empathy. And I came to the conclusion that in a paradise-like world where everyone is englightened and all the shadows of humanity don't exist emotional empathy isn't needed at all. Why should it? In "paradise" you simply wouldn't need it, because everyone is fine. Empathy is a tool for social understanding and a tool for handling problems. In paradise such problems wouldn't even exist.

Makes sense.

That lead me to believe that empathy is a sign for low development of intelligence. In higher consciousness it wouldn't be needed. Because there are no problems and everyone knows and understands everything without the need of emotional empathy. Everyone would have an enormous cognitive empathy, but emotional empathy isn't needed because no one has problems. Humanity shouldn't need it to exist in a peaceful way, that's definitely also possible without empathy. Also I came to the simple conclusion that empathy isn't needed for love. Love can exist without empathy and I read an article in this forum which said that psychopaths DO have a longing for love. So... are psychopaths maybe the universe's try to compensate the low development of humankind?

This is the wrong way around. Mankind needs empathy because of intelligence. Too much intelligence has given us the ability to recognise the mortal nature of our own existence, and this is the only reason we need empathy.

-- 03 Dec 2018, 08:25 --

naps wrote:A year ago I was on a dissociative hallucinogenic substance. And I had an enlightened moment. Penises. Penises everywhere. Millions of them. And I suddenly realized that their cylindrical shape was a metaphor for both my journey through life and the first Meat Loaf album, merging in a parallel blast of syncopated thought that propelled me downward through the undercurrent of my life to where my real essence was, shining like a beacon of hope, much like the golden arches of burgerdom might appear to a weary traveler, and I ate that burger, I held it in my hands and ate it as if it were a baby's head, still screaming for it's momma's breast, and I thought: tits. Just tits. It's been so long since I've sucked on a lady-boob. Am I missing something? Was my own mother's refusal to nurse me a warning sign that the feral dog who accepted me as one of her hungry puppies might have been actually made of beef and not dog-meat? And why all these sirens? They shouldn't be audible this far down. Where am I? What has happened to this place? There used to be a Twinkie wrapper over there. And next to it an upended oil tanker where I used to pay my wanking summonses. The lovely lady inside was kind enough to accept leaves and grass on the days I was short, bit if I were tall, like really tall, would I suffocate? Would you? Would anyone? And who exactly is that staring at me from inside my bong? There's a little man in there. And he's screaming, "Empathy! Empathy! Healthy empathy is a combination of both cognitive and emotional empathy! The paradise you speak of is impossible in both theory and principle. It is impossible to put more than two human beings together without something going wrong within the span of a few hours." And I found myself lost, bereft of all hope, unable to see the semen for the breast milk. Both white. Flowering gently into something brutal, it's molting season, by George, and this is one canary whose done mining for truth, because the truth hurts, like the serrated aluminum on a tin foil box when you're distracted by the last dying embers of moonlight that course through your veins as the new day beckons: come forth! appear! And do not fear the demons as they are but a figment of your emancipation! Undress! Send dick pics! Recycle! Like my vacation photographs! Do not enter! Do not fear your visions! Resist! Like the sands of time which erode the seeds of joy, you must resist! It is nothing! Another bong hit! And keep repeating the words which will keep the Black Forest of your past from the jell-o wrestling trophies of your future: It's only a drug...it's only a drug....it's only a drug...

I'm guessing Pineapple Express mixed with Amnesia?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xdisconnectedx » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am

@PsychoGenesis
My last psychosis? That was last winter. Are you saying I sound psychotic? :D If that's really sounded psychotic then I'm nonstop psychotic since 4 years.

@naps
You're wasting your live by writing whole books, it's insane how much you wrote in that post. Even though I appreciate that someone is willing to write so much about me, sooo thank you. But after the first two sentences I stopped reading because I have better things to do. BUT I like Meat Loaf.

@justonemoreperson
But what could be a reason for not needing empathy without having a low intelligence?
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post