Our partner

Netflix

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Netflix

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:34 am

I was wondering the other day, whether it would be interesting to have a weekly movie / short series thread. I was going to suggest a book club - choose a relevant book title that we could discuss, but I thought that might be a bit of a stretch.

Whether anyone, including myself, would be interested enough to keep it going, f*ck knows.

That said, has anyone seen Rillington Place on Netflix? It's a three part drama, based on the real life story of Reg Christie, a serial killer in London. Not your usual suspect.

There you go kiddies; homework for the week.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Netflix

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:42 am

I love this. I appreciate the minds on this forum so it would be interesting to see what comes out of this.

I think a book club would be interesting too.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby cutecactus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:51 am

Netflix availability differs per country, you can get around this using a proxy or VPN I think but that title isn't available in mine for example. Also Netflix "original" (they're almost always based on a book or some other type of media and their adaptations infamously suck) series are pretty slow, barely got through the first episode of Making a Murderer, if you want to start a movie club or something why confine yourself to Netflix? But I like the idea
◝(x ◡ x ✿)◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 am

cutecactus wrote: if you want to start a movie club or something why confine yourself to Netflix?

I just chose the streaming service that's most common. I don't care if you watch it being shat out of a camel's arse.

But I like the idea

That's wonderful.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby cutecactus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 am

justonemoreperson wrote:I don't care if you watch it being shat out of a camel's arse.

I probably couldn't tell the difference between whatever that looks like and a Netflix series. I just hate Netflix

But I like the idea

That's wonderful.

I was serious, probably should've started with that.. or not have started at all. I'll be looking it up later anyway thanks for the tip
◝(x ◡ x ✿)◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:17 am

xcagedsilhouttex wrote:I think a book club would be interesting too.

I do too, but I think it's unrealistic in this forum.

I only tend to read when I'm travelling, so I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with it.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 am

Personally, I prefer working towards the bucketlist challenge than Netflix. Not that it really matters what I think.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:51 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Personally, I prefer working towards the bucketlist challenge than Netflix. Not that it really matters what I think.

It's three hours.

Download it onto your phone and you can watch it while defecating under military vehicles. Twelve reasonable sh1ts should have it covered.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

I'll need to carefully prod my hemorrhoids back into my anal cavity if I binge watch that squatting down. Three hours isn't too long. I'll give it a go in between things. Not that interested in serial killers generally but I read the wikipage and the shape shifting of accents does arouse interest.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:51 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby solemnlysworn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Did jomp just ask me to Netflix and chill
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6