Our partner

No one believes me

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

No one believes me

Postby xdisconnectedx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm

First of all: I STILL don't know if I have this diagnosis. I'm just writing here because I don't know where else I could write about this topic: empathy.

The thing is: I'm REALLY pissed about some friends and family. I DO have a problem with empathy and I don't even care anymore if I can categorize this problem as a disorder. All I know is that I completely lack empathy. Problems or the well being (as long as they don't die) of friends and family leave me completely cold. I'm simply not able to care about such things. My mother was in the hospital and was in severe pain, but I felt absolutely nothing for her. When my friends tell me about their problems I literally have to FORCE me to say stuff like "Aww is verything okay?" or "I want to help you". Such sentences NEVER come out of my mouth willingly. I could care less about other humans. On the other side I hate to be alone and I definitely can feel love. It's only problematic when it's about empathy.

And what drives me mad is that I apparently play my "empathic role" so good that NO ONE believes me that my false empathy is just a play and not real. I told several family member and friends that I can't feel for other people like they do. But no one believes me and it makes me very very pissed. I don't want to have problems with empathy but it's simply how it is. I want them to acknowledge this problem and believe me. But noooo, they said that I'm the nicest person they know and that I'm definitely very empathic. The thing is that I KNOW that it's all just a mask, because I PURPOSELY act like I care about their problems and feel something like empathy. Maybe I should be glad that they don't believe me, maybe they should just stick with this image of me they currently still have. Maybe I would lose them if they believed me. But it still makes me angry, because no one sees me for who I really am.
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: No one believes me

Postby Solowolfpack » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:14 pm

I get that too, on here more than real life, I know what to say and when to say it, I do it to keep the relationship in good standing. Sounds like you do the same, it’s alittle frustrating to struggle with something and not have people believe it’s real, I’d look at it this way you are not so crazy that you can’t at least act normal. That’s a good thing, it’s something you can build on. What you think and feel isn’t as important as the the action you take anyway, if you do the right things, does it matter that you didn’t mean it, or feel it?
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Postby xdisconnectedx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Solowolfpack wrote:I get that too, on here more than real life, I know what to say and when to say it, I do it to keep the relationship in good standing. Sounds like you do the same, it’s alittle frustrating to struggle with something and not have people believe it’s real, I’d look at it this way you are not so crazy that you can’t at least act normal. That’s a good thing, it’s something you can build on. What you think and feel isn’t as important as the the action you take anyway, if you do the right things, does it matter that you didn’t mean it, or feel it?

I'm glad someone understands this problem. You're right, it's extremely frustrating. But yes, I'm sane enough to act normal and you're probably right that doing the right things is more important than what you think. I often feel like a monster in disguise. I guess I hate this problem with empathy so much because in the past I was able to feel empathy like everyone else. That makes it a lot worse.
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby PsychoGenesis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm

welcome to my world

they are not ready!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQw9P0oFds
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Postby xdisconnectedx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:28 pm

I like that matrix reference.
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Jonna » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:05 pm

...because I PURPOSELY act like I care about their problems and feel something like empathy.

Why?
Jonna
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Postby xdisconnectedx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Jonna wrote:
...because I PURPOSELY act like I care about their problems and feel something like empathy.

Why?

Because I want to be like everyone else. I want to blend in. On the other side (like I said) I want them to acknowledge my problem with empathy. But mostly I feel like I have to play along and be the person everyone expects me to be.
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby MrThetaBeta » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:44 pm

And who are you really?

Empathy is probably the wrong term to use as you are expressing cognitive empathy in this post.

I suggest that you are failing to understand that it is your sensitivity that you are frustrated with.

Try reducing, lowering or otherwise eliminating flouride from your diet.

We are deficient in melatonin, which you need to get in your diet via tryptophan and serotonins. It is essentially that you get good, to high quality ingredients.

So. Stop considering this being your deficit and start thinking about neuro-plasticity. I know the term is in conflict with health and well being but it is the socially reforming idea that something that refuses to bend may in fact be too rigid, and break. It also steps you back to consider the poisonous aspects that are possible with rush to market bunk.
All you bitches belong to me www.asmrstudio.com
MrThetaBeta
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Postby xdisconnectedx » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:54 pm

MrThetaBeta wrote:And who are you really?

Empathy is probably the wrong term to use as you are expressing cognitive empathy in this post.

I suggest that you are failing to understand that it is your sensitivity that you are frustrated with.

We are deficient in melatonin, which you need to get in your diet via tryptophan and serotonins. It is essentially that you get good, to high quality ingredients.

So. Stop considering this being your deficit and start thinking about neuro-plasticity. I know the term is in conflict with health and well being but it is the socially reforming idea that something that refuses to bend may in fact be too rigid, and break. It also steps you back to consider the poisonous aspects that are possible with rush to market bunk.

I already avoid fluoride as much as possible, because of my third eye/pineal gland. Until now everyone thought that's a psychosis of mine. I'm actually diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I don't think the third eye thing is a part of that. By the way, cleansing my body of fluoride opened my third eye last year and I saw another world, I was able to communicate with beings from other dimensions, they had many different forms, I saw aura and a thick energy flowed and swirled like water everywhere. I absolutely hate fluoride. And I'm taking 6 mg melatonine every night, it helps me with my sleep disorder.

What do you mean with sensitivity exactly? You're right that I'm very sensitive, but in what way do you mean that? What would you call my lack of feelings for other humans?
xdisconnectedx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby PsychoGenesis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:29 pm

xdisconnectedx wrote:
MrThetaBeta wrote:And who are you really?

I already avoid fluoride as much as possible, because of my third eye/pineal gland. Until now everyone thought that's a psychosis of mine. I'm actually diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I don't think the third eye thing is a part of that. By the way, cleansing my body of fluoride opened my third eye last year and I saw another world, I was able to communicate with beings from other dimensions, they had many different forms, I saw aura and a thick energy flowed and swirled like water everywhere. I absolutely hate fluoride. And I'm taking 6 mg melatonine every night, it helps me with my sleep disorder.

i take 1/20 of that and it works as well as higher dosages for me(checked with sleep tracker)
timing is very important too> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBSjPQ3pCM
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum