Our partner

Is anyone here an outcast?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Is anyone here an outcast?

Postby ClairePurdue » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Not in the high school sense of being an outcast but you're either a:

social outcast - have no friends/family or you get into continuous conflict with them. Perhaps you've been disowned

legal outcast: - you're marked forever by a criminal record and can't get a job

physical outcast - you're different in some way physically (too tall/short, extremely ugly, transgender) to the point where random people on the street view you differently

I'd say that I'd fit most into the first one, less so the last. I have almost been charged for forging a medical prescription.
ClairePurdue
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is anyone here an outcast?

Postby Reaper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm the black sheep of my family (I was literally told I am by my mother), so technically I'm a social outcast. I grew up fighting with pretty much everybody and was basically kicked out of home when I was 17. Though, my mother did help me move, she didn't want me there anymore. She'd fallen pregnant again and I guess I was just in the way. I guess you could say that solidified my outcast status.

According to my mother I'm also the Devil's spawn. She's decided I'm going to Hell when I die. That's okay, because I've already bought my ticket anyway, so fuk her and everybody else.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Solowolfpack » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:48 pm

I’m none of those by those definitions, I don’t like doing a lot of things socially but I have friends and have no problems making them when I want to. I’ve had my criminal records sealed, and I’m not a physical outcast
Last edited by Solowolfpack on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:16 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I forgot to add that I'm also considered a social outcast because I've been kicked out of places - a caravan park I was living in years ago (yes, I was 'trailer trash' for awhile), a public bar and a medical clinic. Oh, and I was basically kicked out therapy after 3 sessions because the psychologist decided the therapy wasn't working.
Last edited by Reaper on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby caspin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm

ClairePurdue wrote:Not in the high school sense of being an outcast but you're either a:

social outcast - have no friends/family or you get into continuous conflict with them. Perhaps you've been disowned

physical outcast - you're different in some way physically (too tall/short, extremely ugly, transgender) to the point where random people on the street view you differently

I'd say that I'd fit most into the first one, less so the last. I have almost been charged for forging a medical prescription.

Fits me the most, it does not mean you never can get a job- It means that it is harder for you to get a job if you want one.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 am

Postby Aeva117 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Physical outcast - I use a cane, walker or wheelchair, depending on the day and activity. Because I'm young (mid 20s), strangers ask me about it all the time.
RAD kid turned PD-NOS adult (which doesn't exist anymore). Basically a mix-and-match.
Aeva117
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby PsychoGenesis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:12 pm

no, i prefer to see myself as an outsider
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm

PsychoGenesis wrote:no, i prefer to see myself as an outsider

The OP didn't ask what you prefer to see yourself as. S/he's basically asking how you're viewed in society or within your own family.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby PsychoGenesis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Reaper wrote:
PsychoGenesis wrote:no, i prefer to see myself as an outsider

The OP didn't ask what you prefer to see yourself as. S/he's basically asking how you're viewed in society or within your own family.

the way i see myself impact the way others see myself, its not a constant

you want numbers?? got into 2-3 family conflicts this week, not my fault...
you can call me a social outcast but this wouldn't change a thing for ME
''our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure''

rs1042778, rs4790904 homozygous ┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 am

Postby Solowolfpack » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Aeva117 wrote:Physical outcast - I use a cane, walker or wheelchair, depending on the day and activity. Because I'm young (mid 20s), strangers ask me about it all the time.

I think you’ve posted this before if I’m not mistaken? Can I be one of the strangers and ask what happened? Was it a car accident or an illness?
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum