Our partner

Psychopathy, a different perspective

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Psychopathy, a different perspective

Postby Solowolfpack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:02 pm

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psychot ... psychopath Pg1.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psychot ... h/page/0/1 pg2.

It’s an article I pulled of the Internet, so grain of salt I suppose but I find this interesting because it paints a completely different picture than the general public has and the one that is expressed on this board. Does this resonate with anyone here?
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psychopathy, a different perspective

Postby cutecactus » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Not a psychopath but this is exactly how I see it, though I also think there are people who have completely destroyed every last trace of their non side by being in environments where this would be beneficial all their lives and psychopathy wouldn't be seen as something disorder related there
◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Postby caspin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Interesting.

-- Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm --

cutecactus wrote:Not a psychopath but this is exactly how I see it, though I also think there are people who have completely destroyed every last trace of their non side by being in environments where this would be beneficial all their lives and psychopathy wouldn't be seen as something disorder related there

btw dont copy my avatars.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:57 am

Postby PsychoGenesis » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm

im still reading but the part about lithium seems right

there's an experimental drug which was shown to be effective for this and for bipolar patiens too
its called "axs-05"
i found it to be almost a cure for psychopathy
after i tried it i got sure something was deeply wrong with me
its what made me research the disorder and find this forum

too bad that after 3-4 days tolerance builds and the 5ht1a>OXTR pathway stops working, ht1a autoreceptors are tough to control
the mood stabilizing effect kinda keeps working but its not that useful for me
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:57 am

Postby Solowolfpack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:59 pm

PsychoGenesis wrote:im still reading but the part about lithium seems right

there's an experimental drug which was shown to be effective for this and for bipolar patiens too
its called "axs-05"

too bad that after 3-4 days tolerance builds and the 5ht1a>OXTR pathway stops working, ht1a autoreceptors are tough to control

I’m on a fairly solid dose of SSRIs and they definitely help manage my aggression, and mood swings. My psych My last T had me see wanted to put me on mood stabilizers but I didn’t want anymore brain drugs at that point. It is very interesting, I can identify with the part where it talks about feeling lacking for not being able to form close bonds with people.

Especially in a romantic relationship, I see some of my friends go through a nasty divorce, they are devestated the they meet someone new and like that they are doing everything together, they are really close and inseparable. I don’t get that part, even when I feel like I’m close to someone they think I’m distant and I don’t give a shlt. I certainly can’t form bonds with people in that fashion like they do.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 am

Postby PsychoGenesis » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Solowolfpack wrote:
PsychoGenesis wrote:im still reading but the part about lithium seems right

its called "axs-05"

I’m on a fairly solid dose of SSRIs and they definitely help manage my aggression, and mood swings. My psych My last T had me see wanted to put me on mood stabilizers but I didn’t want anymore brain drugs at that point. It is very interesting, I can identify with the part where it talks about feeling lacking for not being able to form close bonds with people.

Especially in a romantic relationship, I see some of my friends go through a nasty divorce, they are devestated the they meet someone new and like that they are doing everything together, they are really close and inseparable. I don’t get that part, even when I feel like I’m close to someone they think I’m distant and I don’t give a shlt. I certainly can’t form bonds with people in that fashion like they do.

SSRI's work by downregulating 5ht1-a so you'd be a good responder to AXS-05 / DXM+bup

this bonding thing is funny, when you believe it makes you turn a blind eye for reasoning

it makes no sense for me why people get attached to it, its almost like a cult thing
their subconscious is so attached to ''being right'' that they feel a need to ignore the truth even to their detriment...

like Elon Musk said to Joe Rogan everything people are doing now is to please their limbic system.

now look at monks and people that meditate for years, their brain patterns are that of psychopaths, yet they are very empathetic people, but how so? did they choose to be psychopaths?? or did they learn how to focus in the present moment instead?
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby solemnlysworn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:47 pm

I tried a course of SSRIs for about 6 months. I noticed that it only made me flatter, more dissociated most of the time. It induced a generalised anxiety (bodily sensation), sickness, and issues with sexual performance. I felt tired all the time and my eating was worse.

The idea behind it seems to be to constrict affect so if you're already limited then isn't it a little pointless? It seems as though unless you experience strong/moderate negative affect then it's not going to be effective.

Just my two cents but stims worked better.
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

Postby PsychoGenesis » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:07 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:I tried a course of SSRIs for about 6 months. I noticed that it only made me flatter, more dissociated most of the time. It induced a generalised anxiety (bodily sensation), sickness, and issues with sexual performance. I felt tired all the time and my eating was worse.

The idea behind it seems to be to constrict affect so if you're already limited then isn't it a little pointless? It seems as though unless you experience strong/moderate negative affect then it's not going to be effective.

Just my two cents but stims worked better.

its MOA is blocking 5ht1a receptors to sensitize the autoreceptors and replace your endogenous serotonin(barely normal levels)
but it takes a long ass time to upregulate 5ht1-a autoreceptors(months) this causes a lot of sides and some people commit suicide

stims i tried this year were selegiline and phenethylamine(the love drug)
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby solemnlysworn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

I don't know much about the science behind it-- Are you saying that flat affect (rather than negative affect) can be resolved through a long enough course of serotonin treatment? My understanding was it was to regulate so that people feel good more often when they feel bad by default, rather than to stimulate more feeling in general
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

Postby PsychoGenesis » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 pm

solemnlysworn wrote:I don't know much about the science behind it-- Are you saying that flat affect (rather than negative affect) can be resolved through a long enough course of serotonin treatment? My understanding was it was to regulate so that people feel good more often when they feel bad, rather than to stimulate more feeling in general

no, i mean it may work for people low on serotonin
PsychoGenesis
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post