Our partner

Questions For Psychopaths And AsPD

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Questions For Psychopaths And AsPD

Postby Reaper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Answer the following questions if you believe or suspect you're a psychopath and/or have anti-social personality disorder. And please give explanations for your answers rather than just a simple yes or no.

I realize many of these questions have been asked and answered throughout various threads on this forum, but since I often don't remember every answer given, and considering people's thoughts, views, opinions and experiences can change over time, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where questions relating to psychopathy and AsPD could all be answered in one place.

As there are quite a few questions, I do not expect you to answer all of them in one sitting. Split them up if need be - answer some questions now and some more later when you have time.

- If you have a psychopathic personality, would you say that you are a primary or secondary psychopath?

- Do you consider yourself to be the charming, charismatic type?

- Did you feel different from other people before you even knew you had psychopathy or AsPD? If yes, when did you become aware that you were different?

- Do you ever wish you could change, and have you tried to through therapy or in some other way?

- Does your family / romantic partner know of your condition / disorder? If yes, how did they become aware of it? If you told them, can you explain why?

- Do any of your brothers or sisters have psychopathy or AsPD? And, do you know (or suspect) if you inherited the condition or disorder off one of your parents?

- If you have (or had) children, do (or did) they show signs or symptoms of a psychopathic or anti-social nature (beyond what is normal for children their age)?

- If you don't have children but may have some one day, are you concerned about passing on your condition or disorder to them?

- Have you ever loved anyone (this includes family members, caregivers, romantic partners, or anyone else you've ever been close to)?

- Have you ever mentally or physically abused your family members / romantic partners (previous and current)?

- If you have pets, do you usually treat them well?

- Have you ever cheated on your (previous and current) romantic partners? Why or why not?

- If one of your family members came to you for help (let's say they lost their job and don't have enough money for food or rent), would you help them out even if you knew they might never return the favor?

- Have you ever helped a stranger for no other reason than to be helpful? If yes, how did you help them?

- (These questions are about emotional empathy, also referred to as contagious empathy. For example: yawning when others yawn or laughing when others laugh etc) Do you ever empathize with your family members, friends, and/or romantic partner? And, have you ever empathized with a stranger? If yes, how often do you experience empathy?

- How do you view yourself in comparison to others. Do you see yourself as equal, superior or inferior to others?

- How do you view other people. Do you respect them as individuals, view them as objects or prey, or view them in some other way?

- How often do you experience boredom and why?

- How often do you experience happiness, sadness, excitement, anger and rage?

- Have you ever had a job or career? If yes, how many jobs have you had and how long do they normally last? If they didn't last long, were you fired from these jobs or did you leave them for some reason?

- Are you impulsive, careless and reckless? If so, in what way?

- Are you financially irresponsible. Do you often mishandle money and spend it on things you want or gamble it instead of paying the rent or bills etc.?

- Are you irresponsible in other ways, such as not taking proper care of your children or pets, or through (intentional) poor work effort in your job, taking days off work when you're not supposed to, and/or going to work drunk/high etc?

- Are you a man/woman of your word or do you usually break promises?

- Do you manipulate and/or deceive your family, friends, people you work with, and/or customers/clients? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?

- Would you describe yourself as a predator? Why or why not?

- Do you often blame others when caught or when things go wrong or do you usually accept responsibility for your actions?

- Have you ever committed certain crimes repeatedly that did or could have got you sentenced to prison?

- Does the thought of getting caught and going to prison deter you from committing serious crime?

- Do you respect the law and those who enforce it?

- Are you capable of experiencing guilt and remorse? If not, how do you know - Have you ever done something that would cause most people to experience guilt or remorse, but you didn't? Did you justify your actions to avoid feeling guilt and remorse? Do you often justify your actions?

If anyone has any other questions they'd like people with psychopathy and/or AsPD to answer, feel free to ask them in your reply.
justonemoreperson wrote:I'm a carrot.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Questions For Psychopaths And AsPD

Postby skinnedheart » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Yeah. I was never a typically attractive-type. I became charismatic instead, as I felt like I was already dead, so there was no point in not saying what I wanted, luckily I seemed to have an innate talent for delivery. I used this to get in with popular people, attractive girls and easy money. Didn't make me feel good though, actually typing this right now I feel as bad as ever. I can be honest here, out there I can't stop smiling and saying the right things.

- Did you feel different from other people before you even knew you had psychopathy or AsPD? If yes, when did you become aware that you were different?

It never occurred to me until I noticed that I never cried at the death of any family member or pet. I found myself surrounded with my family weeping over the death of a loved one. I looked around and cried, because I realised I was never going to understand how they felt. I felt neutral.

- Do you ever wish you could change, and have you tried to through therapy or in some other way?

Of course. I'm in therapy right now. Joining this forum is also a step to better understand myself and others with this condition.

- Does your family / romantic partner know of your condition / disorder? If yes, how did they become aware of it? If you told them, can you explain why?

My SO knows it. I was plucking up the courage to tell them when I found out. They knew it before I even finished my sentence. It was disturbing to me that they could tell; I always felt like I was so good at hiding it. She said from day one she saw "flashes in me" that I was capable of flipping like a switch. Never at her, but at strangers and occasionally people who cross me. She knows what I am but trusts me completely.

- Do any of your brothers or sisters have psychopathy or AsPD? And, do you know (or suspect) if you inherited the condition or disorder off one of your parents?

Perhaps. My father is an alcoholic, my older sibling is ######6 ruthless. I look like a tellytubby next to them, but I don't think they'd ever suspect anything about me. I think they're a pushover and overly emotional, but who knows. My mother is nice but extremely cold in some ways. Some ways that actually still shock me! She's loved by many. Worked with dead bodies. I've suspected my mother has something, but she's very high-functioning. She was a very cold mother at times.

- If you don't have children but may have some one day, are you concerned about passing on your condition or disorder to them?

I'm less concerned about passing on ASPD as I am passing on BP2. I don't medicate, as I feel I handle it well, but I'll be honest with you, I'm down right now and I want to die so bad. I want to die, yeah absolutely. I feel such a huge sadness for no reason for sometimes months at a time. I've got everything I need, and yet I feel like I have nothing. It's not rational, but that doesn't make it go away. I think aspd can be directed for good (like I'm trying to do), but BP is just really tiring.

I know one day I'll kill myself. I might even take someone with me. Maybe. Most likely I'll disappear first, and live a completely different life to see if I could bare it for another couple of months. I'd do that first, then I'd kill myself based on that. One day.

- Have you ever loved anyone (this includes family members, caregivers, romantic partners, or anyone else you've ever been close to)?

Yes I loved one girl, I think very deeply. I dumped her because she was untrustworthy. Every relationship since then has been completely functional, love by choice. I don't love my parents, or family. I am very fond of a few friends, but I don't know if I do enough for them. I'm an adult, functional and well-liked, before you get this image of me as an edgy teenager.

- Have you ever mentally or physically abused your family members / romantic partners (previous and current)?

I was sexually abused by 3 girls older than me. I know that sounds rad, but I was way too young to really understand what was going on. I was double confused when they stopped all of a sudden and acted really weird with me... probably gave me a complex haha!

Mostly I'd say so yes. There's been a few times I've hurt a pet, but its's not something I aim to make a habit of. I've also seen a lot of animal abuse videos online and it hurt me worse than watching the people, for what it's worth.

I see myself as an animal lover, and tried to volunteer at an animal shelter, but I couldn't commit a regular day to it because of my business.

- Have you ever cheated on your (previous and current) romantic partners? Why or why not?

Never. I don't want the reputation for being a cheater.

- If one of your family members came to you for help (let's say they lost their job and don't have enough money for food or rent), would you help them out even if you knew they might never return the favor?

Yeah, I haven't got a huge family so it doesn't cost me much to invest in the few familial relationships I have.

- Have you ever helped a stranger for no other reason than to be helpful? If yes, how did you help them?

Yes, I actually talk a lot with people with poor mental health and aim to help them through their issues. Mostly I just listen, sometimes I offer advice. I'm actually quite good at it, too, as I'm emotionally detached enough to not get swept up in their stories. I have a good reputation for that. If I see people struggling in the street, I help because I want them to smile at me. I want others to see me helping them.

- (These questions are about emotional empathy, also referred to as contagious empathy. For example: yawning when others yawn or laughing when others laugh etc) Do you ever empathize with your family members, friends, and/or romantic partner? And, have you ever empathized with a stranger? If yes, how often do you experience empathy?

This is a hard question for me to answer. In the most basic way I can explain; I mimic what I think would be the most appropriate response. It has come to my attention that although I'm a great shoulder to cry on, I don't feel much of anything at all. I feel very bored when they confide in me, I look into their eyes, with whatever facial expression they need while I think about other things. I also think about killing people who confide in me, as often they don't tell people where they are when they talk to me. I don't think I'd ever do it, but I also understand that isn't what most people would be feeling in those moments.

- How do you view yourself in comparison to others. Do you see yourself as equal, superior or inferior to others?

Superior in some ways, inferior in others, just as everyone does. We all have different skills and roles to play. I feel I have a black 'ol' heart but weirdly I also think there's a lot of redeeming qualities to me if you knew me irl. I work hard at what I love.

- How do you view other people. Do you respect them as individuals, view them as objects or prey, or view them in some other way?

I give everyone a fair chance until they annoy me in some way. I remember people who have irritated me in some way. Years later I'll do something just because once they crossed me. I don't like crowds, I find it very dehumanizing!

Often, constantly. My home environment is a distraction power house. I really relate to how parrots seem to hang around and entertain themselves in their environment, I get the way the behave. I get bored with monotony. Routine is like poison to me. I'm not usually this negative, but I've had a very monotonous week, and it really triggers my unpredictable side. It's like a frustration that you can feel inside your brain. I'm self employed so that I can up and break routine whenever I want; it keeps me on the right side of the law!

I feel happy when I know I don't have to do anything that day, and I can spend it alone. The idea of being alone is exciting to me! I experience a very dull sadness as well. I get angry at the public and people I don't know. I guess that's because I don't let people who annoy me get to know me.

- Have you ever had a job or career? If yes, how many jobs have you had and how long do they normally last? If they didn't last long, were you fired from these jobs or did you leave them for some reason?

I've quit every job I've had. I can't stand the full-time salary slave thing. I don't get how people can stand it. I HATE being managed. That makes my blood boil. I have to leave any workplace where people try to manage me because I don't want to go to prison for 25 years. I work for myself and live in a total whirlwind as a result; it suits me better and I'm financially well too!

I don't see myself as being reckless these days.

- Are you financially irresponsible. Do you often mishandle money and spend it on things you want or gamble it instead of paying the rent or bills etc.?

Yeah I struggle to save money but I know people who are worse. I don't have any debts so that's something.

- Are you irresponsible in other ways, such as not taking proper care of your children or pets, or through (intentional) poor work effort in your job, taking days off work when you're not supposed to, and/or going to work drunk/high etc?

Not really. I turn down a lot of work but that's to keep me going in the long run, you know?

I try to keep a promise, but when I look back, there have been quite a few things that I straight up just didn't do haha

- Do you manipulate and/or deceive your family, friends, people you work with, and/or customers/clients? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?

Most people? No. Clients? Yes! Won't say how, though.

That's all I can do for now.
BPD - 2
Aspd
skinnedheart
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am

I expected more people to have responded to this thread by now. At least one person did. Thank you for that, skinnedheart. I'm going to answer these questions as well at some point. In the meantime, I'm hoping more of you will respond.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:19 am

^ I can't speak for anyone else maybe they are writing some thing up right now. For me, there isn't anything new that isn't already in my old posts. I don't have much incentive to repeat anything unless it's changed enough to be interesting enough to present for others to read as a separate post?
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:For me, there isn't anything new that isn't already in my old posts.

Yes, but do you think anyone actually remembers all of your answers or wants to go through a ton of old posts to find them, should they care to do so. If you respond to this thread, then everything is here in one place and anyone who hasn't read your old posts yet, or doesn't remember what you've posted in the past, will have the opportunity to read it all here.

Besides, I want to see what commonalities we all share in these responses.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:55 am

- If you have a psychopathic personality, would you say that you are a primary or secondary psychopath?

No, I'm a carrot.

To the extent that any carrot could hope to achieve. I have an earthy sense of humour.

When I first saw a beetroot. Although, i tend to be a bit racist when it comes to beets (fat red bastards)

If I could change, I'd rather be a potato, as they're more popular, or maybe a Brussels Sprout, so I could have a view.

My partner is a radish; you can imagine how much trouble that gets us in with the locals! F*ck them though; they can't handle our love, that's their problem.

I think I inherited my carrotness from my mother, who was also a carrot.

- If you have (or had) children, do (or did) they show signs or symptoms of a psychopathic or anti-social nature (beyond what is normal for children their age)?

My children show definite signs of mal-adaptive fitting in. One grew sideways and one split in three and now looks like a knobbly wang.

No. Orange is the new black.

I was once close to an onion. We shared a few intimate moments but eventually we just grew apart.

My pointy bit got stuck in a potato once; does that count?

I have a few carrot mites. I treat them ok.

No. It's hard to run away.

I'd always help out another carrot. Orange Power!

I give humus some purpose in life.

No. Yawning usually results in a mouth of dirt.

Well, I have a long slender tail and a big fat top end. I know, I know, they all say that and you probably just think I'm boasting, but it's true. You'd have to slice me three times sideways to make carrot sticks. Woof!

They're all a bunch of f*cking vegetables.

I spent three months starting at earth, what the f*ck do you think?

I hum to myself; that makes me happy.

I once had a job as a snowman's nose but eventually the work melted away and so I didn't bother trying again.

No. I'm a very careful carrot.

I find it difficult to plan finances; possibly because I have no pockets.

When it rains, I tend to hog all of the best water.

What you see is what you get with me. I'm just one orange, sexy power-house, baby.

I once convinced someone I was a parsnip with a fake tan.

- Would you describe yourself as a predator? Why or why not?

No. I'm a carrot.

- Do you often blame others when caught or when things go wrong or do you usually accept responsibility for your actions?

There was this one time, in band camp, when I blamed someone for double-dipping the humus when it was me all along.

- Have you ever committed certain crimes repeatedly that did or could have got you sentenced to prison?

I've committed fungicide and got pulled up for it.

- Does the thought of getting caught and going to prison deter you from committing serious crime?

Don't chuck me in the fridge man; not again. I'll do suicide by cabbage if that happens again and I'll take the entire f*cking salad drawer with me.

- Do you respect the law and those who enforce it?

yes, very much so.

- Are you capable of experiencing guilt and remorse? If not, how do you know - Have you ever done something that would cause most people to experience guilt or remorse, but you didn't? Did you justify your actions to avoid feeling guilt and remorse? Do you often justify your actions?

No, I'm a carrot.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 am

Jomp, I'm tempted just to call you a fuking idiot, but I think you posted that way because you were worried I'd interrogate you. You're wrong though. I wouldn't have, because that is not the purpose of this thread and I don't want it to become all about you.

Maybe you don't care to make decent responses for my benefit, but there are others here who I'm sure would have appreciated it.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Quoth » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am

Back when I was at uni there used to be a thing of answering long quizzes by hitting shuffle on your music library and using song titles as answers then seeing who got the funniest result....I’m not saying it was a particularly good game.
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape

https://youtu.be/VivuMRzQyw0
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby caspin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 am

The questions is not possible to answer yourself, you need another person than yourself to answer the questions. Thats not either possible on a forum.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:48 am

Postby Reaper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 am

If it's not been made clear enough yet to some of you slower learners, this is a serious thread that can be informative and interesting if people will take the time and make an effort to give serious answers.

If you can't do that, then fuk off and go somewhere else.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post