Our partner

What kind of music do you listen to?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What kind of music do you listen to?

Postby WhyAreYouReadingThis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:57 pm

I want to check if ASPD affects music taste.
Also do you have any type of music you dislike/hate?

Personally I listen to (anything, but I have preferences):
Rap, all kinds of it.
(Power) metal.
And pop.
Some country/folk rarely.
-
I hate electronic music (boring $#%^).
Stop reading this.
Seriously.
WhyAreYouReadingThis
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Postby chadthunderbong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 pm

I hate pop music with a burning passion, and listen to metal, rock and some electronic. But most music feels redundant with Rammstein in existence. Except maybe pink floyd, depending on what I'm on.
chadthunderbong
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:59 am

Postby jabberwocky » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

chadthunderbong wrote:I hate pop music with a burning passion...

Is there something about pop music that offends you? Why do you have such a strong opinion about it? I like it, it's fun!
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:59 am

Postby chadthunderbong » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 pm

jabberwocky wrote:

Is there something about pop music that offends you? Why do you have such a strong opinion about it? I like it, it's fun!

I feel that its deafening, in the same way I find TV dumbening. To each their own of course, but it actually pisses me off when Im exposed to it.
chadthunderbong
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:59 am

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:59 pm

A bit difficult to answer. I have a few genres that I consistently listen to.

I love historical (I was going to call it folk but I am not sure that is the correct term) music. I shared an example on another post of a song I quite enjoyed and I will repost it because I think it's a great example of the type that I enjoy.

https://youtu.be/Kr2LRpx4Uyk

Classical music is always solid. I also love anything played on the harp. These are two that I have listened to today:

https://youtu.be/H1Dvg2MxQn8
https://youtu.be/oPmKRtWta4E

I love musicals so I sometimes listen to that. I think these are a few of my favourites:

https://youtu.be/861jN3mKE9Q
https://youtu.be/C9dFKRZ8EbU
https://youtu.be/Z2OcbeGqbpU
https://youtu.be/YWFfrQtHag0

I found it hard to choose.

Other than that, it generally goes in cycles. If I find a song pleasing, I'll listen to it. I am not particularly fussy when it comes to music. I can appreciate all types. Metal does my head in a bit sometimes.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:59 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby naps » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:10 pm

chadthunderbong wrote:
jabberwocky wrote:

I feel that its deafening, in the same way I find TV dumbening. To each their own of course, but it actually pisses me off when Im exposed to it.

There is more to pop music than what is mainlined into you by the internet, media and that stupid bitch behind you in line at the bank who lost her earbuds. Dig a little deeper and ye shall find something to align with your own private damaged psyche. Same goes for TV.

@Jabber: Now that she has balanced her surfboard atop the so-called blue wave, I no longer look at Taylor Swift as a protruding labia cash cow for middle aged homosexual record executives. Who knows? I may even listen to her music for once.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cerpyra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm

A little bit of everything, though I never got into metal or punk.
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby jabberwocky » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:26 pm

naps wrote:@Jabber: Now that she has balanced her surfboard atop the so-called blue wave, I no longer look at Taylor Swift as a protruding labia cash cow for middle aged homosexual record executives. Who knows? I may even listen to her music for once.

She's not so bad if you get to know what she's about. She's a pretty intelligent writer and there is a subtlety to her writing that you don't get if you just skim the surface.

"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby user447135 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:37 am

I love all kinds of music and genres. Just not so much metal, like.. at all really. Otherwise I'll listen to pretty much anything.

One of my many favorite songs.

Also LOVE musicals, any kind of musical.

Chicago

Repo The Genetic Opera

I like EBM.

Jabber, we're watching this one the next time we hang out.. since you STILL haven't seen it... which just blows my mind!

user447135
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:59 am

Postby jabberwocky » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 am

Sturm88 wrote:Jabber, we're watching this one the next time we hang out.. since you STILL haven't seen it... which just blows my mind!

Good! I'd feel weird watching it alone anyway! lol
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post