Our partner

How are you with smells?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: How are you with smells?

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 am

Squaredonutwheels wrote:Just add a crap ton of chilli to make it tasty and I can eat visibly rotten things without much bother

dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:04 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby xSid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:54 am

I like some smells that many people seem to dislike, ex, plastic paint, or gasoline, or the (idk how to say in english) the "medicine" for incects in argiculture. and I don't like much the smell of soil after rain, that seems to be a popular smell - it smells a bit like wet $#%^ to me. Guess I am a city boy and more used to industrialized smells than natural ones

Regarding foods, people smells, etc, I don't think I am more sensitive or less sensitive than other people - not that I have anything to compare, anyway, as I don't know how other people perceive smells. It does take a lot more for a smell to disgust me than most people though. Plus I get used very fast even to the most nasty smell and completely stop perceiving it after a while
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby cutecactus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am

I saved my house from a fire twice as a child, first time the gas was still on and the second time an actual small fire (it was put out with water but could’ve burned the house down later) already broke out on a different floor and no one else noticed. In general I don’t think there’s anything abnormal about it now, it’s probably worse because I smoke
◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:04 am

Postby Cerpyra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm sensitive to most scents, especially since I quit smoking. I like the smell of gasoline and freshly-cut wood, but that's probably because I spend the more pleasant parts of my life on a lake where my grandfather builds boats and my close family friends own a marina.
Cerpyra
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 am

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am

xcagedsilhouttex wrote:
Squaredonutwheels wrote:Just add a crap ton of chilli to make it tasty and I can eat visibly rotten things without much bother

I don't understand. Is that you in the kitchen or is that from a movie?
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum