Our partner

Even more questions...

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Even more questions...

Postby Quoth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:18 am

When people do you wrong, do you pay them back in kind or just walk away? Are you able to let a serious slight go?

How difficult do you find it to stay focused on one task for and elongated period of time (2-3 weeks for example)? Do you find your attention waning and becoming slippery in spite of forcing yourself to continue with the task?

Generally speaking, do you think most other people’s perception of the world is realistic? If not, how is it not realistic? What motivates their delusion?

Does a ‘game’ have to be played for stakes in order for you to enjoy it? Why? Is there a relationship between the height of the stakes and your degree of enjoyment?

How do you often daydream? Are you ever more invested/satisfied by events in your internal world than those outside? What role do you play in your own daydreams?

Do you often engage or want to engage in unusual sexual practices?(Here unusual equates to anything outside of that which is common in the majority of sexual relationships, not necessarily anything criminally deviant) How do partners typically react when first approached about these practices? If you get a negative response what means do you use of getting your own way? Or do you just let it go?

Bacon
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Even more questions...

Postby 010001011010101001 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 am

Quoth wrote:Bacon

I concur.
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby chadthunderbong » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:36 am

When people do you wrong, do you pay them back in kind or just walk away? Are you able to let a serious slight go?

I dont hold grudges, but if I was wronged publicly I will pay back. Sometimes when I know the person will come back I will do my best to make them feel bad though. But again if there isnt anything in it for me I dont care.

How difficult do you find it to stay focused on one task for and elongated period of time (2-3 weeks for example)? Do you find your attention waning and becoming slippery in spite of forcing yourself to continue with the task?

Very difficult, unless its something I really have to do.

Generally speaking, do you think most other people’s perception of the world is realistic? If not, how is it not realistic? What motivates their delusion?

I find their views of politics hilarious. Like when they think politicians give a $#%^ about people. Countries are just companies, idealism gets people nowhere.

Does a ‘game’ have to be played for stakes in order for you to enjoy it? Why? Is there a relationship between the height of the stakes and your degree of enjoyment?

There are always stakes in a game, namely humiliation, just having beat the other guy. So yes.

How do you often daydream? Are you ever more invested/satisfied by events in your internal world than those outside? What role do you play in your own daydreams?

Very often. Its actually the reason I find everything so hard to focus.

Do you often engage or want to engage in unusual sexual practices?(Here unusual equates to anything outside of that which is common in the majority of sexual relationships, not necessarily anything criminally deviant) How do partners typically react when first approached about these practices? If you get a negative response what means do you use of getting your own way? Or do you just let it go?

Im not much into sex. Feels dirty, very primal, like something animals do. When I want happiness I inject it.
chadthunderbong
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:47 am

Postby cutecactus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 am

It depends on their motive. I would probably forgive someone murdering me if they had a good reason, not like I can come up with a good reason for that specifically but yeah. If someone does something minor without a good reason I want to see them suffer

The more I dislike it the more frustrated I’ll get over time but if I’m motivated it’s not impossible

Everyone can only see a small part of the world, the rest is their imagination. So everyone’s view of “the” world is unrealistic because it’s impossible for them to have one. If the question was more like do you disagree with people a lot, I don’t know I don’t have a lot of deep discussions

Winning is its own stake but obviously it makes a difference whether some money or mild punishment is on the line or a high amount of money or pain, I can’t see how that’s different for anyone

I zone out a lot but I don’t daydream

Yes, they’re not surprised because if they’re willing to have sex in the first place they know I’m fuked in the head and they’re usually into it too. Negative response = I cry in a corner or laugh at them depending on my mood

Bacon
Quoth u r so random xd rawr
◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 am

Postby Solowolfpack » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 am

I have trouble even letting small slights go, I will usually try and exact some sort of revenge

Its funny you say 2-3 weeks that usually my upper end when I’m really motivated to start out. I’ll usually lose interest and like you say it will wane after that.

I think the majority of people are mindless zombies meandering around aimlessly with no real purpose in life, I think they are like that because they let the media think for them and they are too obsessed over whatever creepo celebrities of the week did this week.

No not necessarily, I got a thrill when I was powerlifting by the idea that I could get crushed during a competition. That excited more than say gambling for money.

Not as much anymore, I used to quite abit it would usually be a professional athlete or someone famous or rich.

Not that much, I have a rape fantasy I want to play out but in this day and time I would have to really trust the person and I don’t really trust people so...

Bacon

Bacon is wonderful
Solowolfpack
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am

Solowolfpack:
Wanting to play out rape fantasy but not trusting people in this day and age...
I don't your gender but are you worried about someone going too far with you in the rape fantasy or are you worried because of this whole metoo thing they'll turn it around on you if they get p1ssed 0ff or do you want to do it without ever telling that special someone you trust trust that you plan to fulfill a rape fantasy?
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Postby LeelaTuranga » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 am

I don't know if this post will ever be approved because it says i have to wait to be approoved as new.maybe never...
But i have similar problem.
I am guesing that he is afraid that the girl would accuse him for real. I am certainly not afraid of that.
LeelaTuranga
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 am

Postby naps » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Behold the slit-eyed hand wringing darkness with no name that vacillates uneasily between the tortured fury within me and the full light of 'fuk it Ima get high' apathy beside me, for I am the crowned prince of passive aggression.

Yes. This extends to my efforts to change such behavior.

Of course, because it does not concur with my own. I know best. You're doing it wrong. Get the hell off my lawn. Or better yet, follow your brittle plastic dreams off the cliff of your existential apathy. More bacon for me. Also, what wolfpack said.

Win or lose I prefer to stroll past the finish line with little regard, as if it was the grand opening of a toilet seat. Sometimes the best way to win is to not play or care. X may be so in your world, my friend, but I'm not living in your world.

I'd say probably 24/7, except for those moments when full cognizance is required, such as when I have to suddenly right myself and grab hold of something to keep from falling down a flight of stairs. Of some level, there is always something fantastical going on in my head.

Though the initiative has pretty much dissipated, I've never had a problem getting what I want sexually. But like they say, it's not over 'till the fat guy sticks a candle carved with the likeness of Cher (circa 1970) up your ass.

Bacon

indubitably
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:47 am

Postby Solowolfpack » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:Solowolfpack:
Wanting to play out rape fantasy but not trusting people in this day and age...
I don't your gender but are you worried about someone going too far with you in the rape fantasy or are you worried because of this whole metoo thing they'll turn it around on you if they get p1ssed 0ff or do you want to do it without ever telling that special someone you trust trust that you plan to fulfill a rape fantasy?

Yeah, worried about getting a rape charge pinned on me.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Postby solemnlysworn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks for the formatting help

I let it go. Unless I need to intervene to stop something else, if there is no future gain, I find it easy to just let it by.

I have around a 4-6 week potency period before I slip out of focus on long term goals.

I don't think most people are delusional about the world but maybe they are about themselves, because they compare against ideas of themselves rather than looking at their actual behaviour

positive relationship between stakes and enjoyment. There don't have to be stakes involved but if there arent I feel bored and jaded fairly quickly. Video games or pick-up sport are fine for example but I dont find myself being able to pursue them for a long time without something being on the line. Incentives in my workplace are only effective on me if there is something to play for other than ego.

Ego games only last so long are are what generally drive the little momentum without stake being involved. I can play chess for a bit and enjoy thinking and playing and whether I win or lose it is usually fun but eventually I need to move over to poker where I have chips on the table and then it's even more fun whether I win or lose.

I have grandiose fantasies I guess. Thinking mostly in an egocentric way around what I could or want to be doing. It takes the edge off the mundane but doesnt satisfy me. It's a crutch because I can idealise in my head and fantasize and imagine that it would be more profound or impactful in my head than works in reality. Doing it in reality has a similar effect though where even if it goes exactly as I wanted it seldom fills the hole because of flat affect.

Nothing particularly odd. I like biting from both me and them. They like it. I'm fairly direct physically but not particularly talkative. When they're not receptive I can just move on probably because I assume someone else will like it. I find it kind of amusing when they're not into it. I think my certainty about wanting it gives me a little leeway in their tolerance of 'okay...' Somebody asked recently when I was out if I like scaring people and probably I do so long as it's not in the way of disgust.

What I use to get my own way if a no but still want them is too varied to answer. I can walk away and use jealousy or double down on the aggression/assertion of what I want, or sweet talk around it. Just depends tbh. if I dont think I can work my way around it I'll just leave it
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post