Our partner

To those of you who are old

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

To those of you who are old

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 am

Insensitive folks, I've been thinking here, how boring will my life be when I get old, really, as time goes on and I'm getting to a point where I've done almost everything that is there to be done (pleasure-related stuff only), drugs, sex, games, sports, movies and series, reckless driving, multi-cultural foods blah blah.

Slowly but surely It's getting to a point where I'll have done everything, maybe not in all intensity levels, but It's all getting old and I just lived 1/4 of my life, assuming I get to live as much as the average man in my country.

Considering that lately things are getting old, and exciting things are becoming routine much faster than before.

Geez how ######6 boring and depressing will my life be.

And reaper before yelling: go on an eternal road-killing-trip-spree and see how far you go, that is out of the question at least for the next 30 years.

Can't believe that maybe I'll have to be a family-man, so there will be new challenges and unfulfilled wishes and desires to keep me going, and the occasional and scarce rule-breaking fun.

What's your experience on this? Since you already in your 30's 40's or above?
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: To those of you who are old

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:09 am

Pooshmeu wrote:Insensitive folks, I've been thinking here, how boring will my life be when I get old, really, as time goes on and I'm getting to a point where I've done almost everything that is there to be done (pleasure-related stuff only), drugs, sex, games, sports, movies and series, reckless driving, multi-cultural foods blah blah.

Slowly but surely It's getting to a point where I'll have done everything, maybe not in all intensity levels, but It's all getting old and I just lived 1/4 of my life, assuming I get to live as much as the average man in my country.

Considering that lately things are getting old, and exciting things are becoming routine much faster than before.

There's always something new to learn. Step outside your comfort zone and try things you don't think you'd like but have never tried before. Fulfill sexual fantasies (experiment), try a new dance routine, take up painting or a new sport. There's gotta be something you've never done before.

Geez how ######6 boring and depressing will my life be.

It doesn't have to be that way.

And reaper before yelling: go on an eternal road-killing-trip-spree and see how far you go, that is out of the question at least for the next 30 years.

I wouldn't tell you to do that. It's not for everyone (especially since it involves killing people). Then again, I probably would tell you to do that since I've told other people to do it.

Are you saying in 30 years you'll consider it?

Can't believe that maybe I'll have to be a family-man, so there will be new challenges and unfulfilled wishes and desires to keep me going, and the occasional and scarce rule-breaking fun.

Becoming a family man might actually fill a void in your life. Raising children can be both challenging and rewarding. You really need a lot of patience for that though.

What's your experience on this? Since you already in your 30's 40's or above?

That's not old yet. I may be 45 in the body, but I bet I'm even younger than you in the mind.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:48 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby FormallyZach31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:16 am

I am 30 years old now and nothing has changed. I am always bored, never needed to reach the age of 30 for that to happen.
When you have a actual purpose and goal though it makes everything different. Being a father has helped me tremendously here and I get it is the common thing on this forum to act like you don't care about anyone but yourself but screw that. I would die for my boy and kill for him. My purpose is raising my kid and doing for him what I wish was done for me as a child.

Once you find something like that in your life, boredom wont really matter to you. At some points you will actually crave the boredom
FormallyZach31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby vcrpamphlet » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 am

FormallyZach31 wrote:I am 30 years old now

Here I was thinking you were in your 40s. Must be your lack of edginess, comes over as maturity around here.
vcrpamphlet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby FormallyZach31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:36 am

vcrpamphlet wrote:
FormallyZach31 wrote:I am 30 years old now

Here I was thinking you were in your 40s. Must be your lack of edginess, comes over as maturity around here.

or I just don't feel the need to play a stereotype role here like so many others do.. I can see how being real could be considered lack of edge on here when so many others try big noting themselves all the time
FormallyZach31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:05 am

FormallyZach31 wrote:I just don't feel the need to play a stereotype role here like so many others do.. I can see how being real could be considered lack of edge on here when so many others try big noting themselves all the time

You know, a lot of how some of us behave here is part of having mental health issuea and although we may have the same personality disorder, we're not all going to act the same way. It doesn't mean we're any less genuine than you.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby FormallyZach31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:02 am

Reaper wrote:
FormallyZach31 wrote:I just don't feel the need to play a stereotype role here like so many others do.. I can see how being real could be considered lack of edge on here when so many others try big noting themselves all the time

You know, a lot of how some of us behave here is part of having mental health issuea and although we may have the same personality disorder, we're not all going to act the same way. It doesn't mean we're any less genuine than you.

I cant be the only one who see's people here play a role. Im not saying people are not being genuine about having any disorder, im talking about being a stereotypical version of that disorder that you would see in some shi.tty Hollywood movie.
And to get back on having "edge"? who honestly has any edge on here? it's all just words on a computer screen and that is it. I don't see any so called edge from anyone here because again anyone can talk big behind a screen
FormallyZach31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby user447135 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 am

FormallyZach31 wrote:I cant be the only one who see's people here play a role. Im not saying people are not being genuine about having any disorder, im talking about being a stereotypical version of that disorder that you would see in some shi.tty Hollywood movie.

I see what you're saying. I think it's the whole label thing and people do tend to play the role of their label/diagnosis, it's why labels can do more harm than good. It's better just to identify someone's set of struggles to work on.. without putting a label to it, imo.
user447135
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 am

Postby FormallyZach31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 am

Sturm88 wrote:
FormallyZach31 wrote:I cant be the only one who see's people here play a role. Im not saying people are not being genuine about having any disorder, im talking about being a stereotypical version of that disorder that you would see in some shi.tty Hollywood movie.

I see what you're saying. I think it's the whole label thing and people do tend to play the role of their label/diagnosis, it's why labels can do more harm than good. It's better just to identify someone's set of struggles to work on.. without putting a label to it, imo.

I think of it more as that people try so hard to prove that they have this disorder that it makes them act a certain way and when you don't act that way, you get questioned about being different. A personality disorder or any disorder wont make people clones of one another... anyway that is just my opinion and im speaking mostly due to how it was when I first started here when this place was so much more active. These days I only read certain peoples posts due to most others just being a bore
FormallyZach31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby user447135 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:29 am

There's definitely the Demon's of the board.. who have to play it badass. I don't see it AS much compared to back in the day. I think everyday it was "Am I a Psychopath. I peed my bed as a kid" type threads lol
user447135
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 am

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum