Our partner

To those of you who are old

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: To those of you who are old

Postby justonemoreperson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:14 pm

xSid wrote:What I am saying is that life might not be super-exiting, and no matter what you do, it will most likely lack the novelty after the first few times you did it, and there are only so many things you can do anyway. So I guess, by growing older, you start to adapt a bit to the fact that exitement is not so exiting, or new anymore. That said, I do have an almost permanent feeling of lack of satisfaction, caused by that lack of novelty. But I guess I am also adapting to the fact that there are only so many things to do in life and that all wears off quickly

I think this is true. There's only so much you can do and you get used to the excitement of stuff, so it becomes mundane.

I think the people who remain interested and enthused with their lives as they get older have to be the people who can look for interest within themselves and express that in what they do.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ArchCannon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 pm

CalicoJack wrote:I don't want to grow old. Actually wouldn't mind being a child again.

Same here :P
They have something to believe in, and that is all they need.
It's not that much. But it's also everything.
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby naps » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:
I think the people who remain interested and enthused with their lives as they get older have to be the people who can look for interest within themselves and express that in what they do.

This is very true. I don't need other people. I'm a party.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:53 am

Postby ArchCannon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 pm

ArchCannon wrote:
CalicoJack wrote:I don't want to grow old. Actually wouldn't mind being a child again.

Same here :P

As long as I get a better childhood than the one I got last time :P
They have something to believe in, and that is all they need.
It's not that much. But it's also everything.
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum