Our partner

ASPD OR MACHIAVELLIAN?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

ASPD OR MACHIAVELLIAN?

Postby chaman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 pm

If you want to play psychiatrist this is your time...

I hate people. I dont like being around 99% of the people i know, that 1% is just maybe one friend or two... or animals, i do like animals. But i surely HATE people. I see them as stupid, most of them, that is why i hate being around them. But that would surprise maybe everyone i know, because im SUPER social, like (im currently a college student) and teachers may LOVE me, because of my outgoing and funny personality, i would eat with them at lunch, also, people at my college like the guys at the cafeteria, and even my classmates love me because of my super social and charming personality. Although, many times i end up screwing it up, and finding new people and so on in a recycling process. this usually happens when i take too much advantage of other people or if i have a super hostile reaction which scares them off. i sincerely prefer to read a book when im in between classes and have some spare time than hanging to some specific "group", trying to fit in like everybody does, although, i sometimes hang around with groups or specific people that will listen to my storys or laugh at my jokes, i guess because that gives me some kind of a buzz and recharges my energy, also, because i want to mantain sharp my social skills. i dont have the specific need that ive seen in some people to dominate social situations, i find that stupid too. i would naturally dominate thriling or survival situations, for sure, but for example, social situations, i dont mind being in the back, listening, analyzing and learning from what is going on (this applies for situations that dont matter). i think that having that kind of "need" to dominate is actually a vulnerability. i recognize i am manipulative, and i do manipulate what is going on in peoples minds, but it is more for long term purposes, of course i do for short term, but not for superficial stupid reasons. for example, i do not invest my energy trying to dominate social situations like being the leader of a group if that doesnt bring me any benefit other than their vain appreciation, but i would charm someone to get my homework done and stuff that is actually tangible progress. About guilt, i have done some stuff in the past most people would be scandalized, but it dont feel guitly at all... i dont lie much, because i am enough intelligent to manipulate the truth in manners which are as same as beneficial to me as lying... i may be impulsive sometimes, but most of the times, im not. i think very well and plan eveything i do, and evaluate how convinient results may end up being. most of the time, if i look like im being impulsive, it may be because i want it to look that way like everything i do. All my gestures, postures, faces, etc, are 100% calculated, and because im a quick thinker, it does look very natural. i dont have a therapist, and ive completed tests of the dark triad(narcisism, psychopathy and machiavelanism) resulting on all three kind of same results. what would be your diagnosis as someone diagnosed with ASPD?
chaman
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ASPD OR MACHIAVELLIAN?

Postby Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am

chaman wrote:If you want to play psychiatrist this is your time...

I'll pass.

I hate people. I dont like being around 99% of the people i know, that 1% is just maybe one friend or two... or animals, i do like animals. But i surely HATE people. I see them as stupid, most of them, that is why i hate being around them.

You mean like those stupid people who don't know what a paragraph is and instead write a wall of text...?
Whether you're a King or a sweeper you'll meet the grim Reaper
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZombieZ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 am

Manic, you need help...
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby chaman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 am

Reaper wrote:
chaman wrote:If you want to play psychiatrist this is your time...

I'll pass.

I hate people. I dont like being around 99% of the people i know, that 1% is just maybe one friend or two... or animals, i do like animals. But i surely HATE people. I see them as stupid, most of them, that is why i hate being around them.

You mean like those stupid people who don't know what a paragraph is and instead write a wall of text...?

haha always the first one to reply... i see psychforums must be very important in your life in order to comment every single post even when it only relates to grammar. You should be a moderator, man! i see you write with some eloquence, you know you could use all that energy in order to do some money as youre online 24/7 :wink: For anybody else reading this and concerned enough to comment just about my terrible grammar, i apologise for making you react this way, i have to say english is my second language :twisted:
chaman
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 am

chaman wrote:You should be a moderator, man! i see you write with some eloquence, you know you could use all that energy in order to do some money as youre online 24/7 :wink:

I'm not online 24/7, dude, but you're right about one thing, I should be making money off this shlt. The admin should be paying me to post here since I'm the one who mostly keeps this place active.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby caspin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 am

lol :roll:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Postby ArchCannon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:31 am

ASPD OR MACHIAVELLIAN?

Why not both?
Why do you try?
There's no bandage for your mind
Why do you cry?
There's no honesty in life
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Postby chaman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:22 am

ArchCannon wrote:ASPD OR MACHIAVELLIAN?

Why not both?

I think it is impossible to have more than 1 dark triad personality disorder (Narcisissm, Machiavellianism and ASPD or Psychopathy in its strongest form), as i said in my post, i do have symptoms of these 3 personality types, but idk if i could be diagnosed as one of those or just have lots of traits of these personalities. As i dont have a therapist, im open to opinions, good or bad, i dont care. Whereas i can use them to sum up conclusions. Have a nice day.
chaman
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Reaper » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 am

chaman wrote:ive completed tests of the dark triad(narcisism, psychopathy and machiavelanism) resulting on all three kind of same results. what would be your diagnosis as someone diagnosed with ASPD?

Online tests aren't the best indicators of what you might have as you can never really be sure how accurate the results are. Out of curiosity though, what did you score for each on the dark triad?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Why is it impossible to exhibit more than one facet of the dark triad
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6