Our partner

Differences Between Males and Females With AsPD

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Differences Between Males and Females With AsPD

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

What do you find fun in cutting other people? If you are looking to inflict severe pain, there are far more affective ways to do that for longer sustained periods.

Blood makes me happy.
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby madness00 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 pm

It's funny, because on the forum, females with AsPD traits tend to come off with a flatter affect then i would imagine, whereas the males seem more or less as they should. I have a feeling that in real life, if given a beer or two, those with flatter affect would liven all up and the guys would be watching them in awe.
Dx: Bipolar 1 rapid cycling, Substance abuse, Antisocial traits
Rx: Vraylar 6mg, Lamictal 200mg

PM me, as i prefer one-on-ones.
madness00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am

Postby caspin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

I want beer, I am so bored. I will go out with my father and eat later and ask him for some money. I will take my dog and buy beer then we will take a long walk and sit at different places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAj6412syQ
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 am

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

madness00 wrote:It's funny, because on the forum, females with AsPD traits tend to come off with a flatter affect then i would imagine, whereas the males seem more or less as they should. I have a feeling that in real life, if given a beer or two, those with flatter affect would liven all up and the guys would be watching them in awe.

Nope.

KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madness00 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Not even a little bit silly?
Dx: Bipolar 1 rapid cycling, Substance abuse, Antisocial traits
Rx: Vraylar 6mg, Lamictal 200mg

PM me, as i prefer one-on-ones.
madness00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am

Postby Reaper » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

KvotheTheRaven wrote:What do you find fun in cutting other people? If you are looking to inflict severe pain, there are far more affective ways to do that for longer sustained periods.

Of course there are more effective ways of causing severe pain. I never said there wasn't.

I find it pleasurable to cut other people because of the blood and the pain they experience, but it doesn't excite me anywhere near as much as it probably excites you considering you seem to get excited just over a cut finger.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Cutting myself is like chewing gum. Foreplay for the stomach.
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ZombieZ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Reaper wrote:
ZombieZ wrote:Told me she isn’t emotional in fact almost never had emotions. I would say it’s Bpd ish because I’ve seen her cycle through emotions like crying on the phone to a friend while telling a story hang up and I watch her face just go blank instantly like she just shut it off. It’s pretty impressive actually.

That's interesting. Don't people with BPD experience real emotion though? like switching between love and hate. Their emotions are hot and cold. I doubt they fake that.

It’s possible she did experience the emotion I’m not sure it looked fake to me because of how quickly she changed to nothing. Only way I can describe it is people don’t get over being that upset in the flash of an eye like that. The only time I’ve ever seen that before and it was almost the same exact thing is when I gave this chick a ride who was crying her eyes out on the side of the road and I posted the story here because I’ve always wondered what was up with her because it was so strange I thought it was HPD maybe because they cycle through fake emotions quickly depending on what they think the situation calls for but everyone thought it sounded more like BPD and that they can cycle through them that fast. I don’t really know what to call it, it’s really easy to pick up on it’s so odd looking
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28 am

Postby Reaper » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm

ZombieZ wrote:I would say it’s Bpd ish because I’ve seen her cycle through emotions like crying on the phone to a friend while telling a story hang up and I watch her face just go blank It’s possible she did experience the emotion I’m not sure it looked fake to me because of how quickly she changed to nothing. Only way I can describe it is people don’t get over being that upset in the flash of an eye like that. The only time I’ve ever seen that before and it was almost the same exact thing is when I gave this chick a ride who was crying her eyes out on the side of the road and I posted the story here because I’ve always wondered what was up with her because it was so strange I thought it was HPD maybe because they cycle through fake emotions quickly depending on what they think the situation calls for but everyone thought it sounded more like BPD and that they can cycle through them that fast. I don’t really know what to call it, it’s really easy to pick up on it’s so odd looking

What you're describing sounds more histrionic than BPD, but she could be psychopathic too if there are other characteristics that indicate the possibility. There are psychopaths who display some histrionic behavior. In fact, I imagine it's not that uncommon in females with psychopathy.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZombieZ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Reaper wrote:
What you're describing sounds more histrionic than BPD, but she could be psychopathic too if there are other characteristics that indicate the possibility. There are psychopaths who display some histrionic behavior. In fact, I imagine it's not that uncommon in females with psychopathy.

I Think this is very likely. Maybe that’s the difference right there for the most part. I mean PDs are coping mechanisms and we learn to use the things we are good at to get what we need or that is lacking. A female acting histrionic will probably get her way a lot more often than a male who will probably be insulted for his efforts and told to toughen up. So men probably present more with an ego or narcissism.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post