Our partner

money

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: money

Postby Quoth » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:38 am

Irrespective of who’s digestive tract it comes from I would imagine it will still need to have the same eggs and milk base or it isn’t going to bind properly.

“Everything I have just said is nonsense. It bears no resemblance to the truth of the matter in any way at all. But it is a lie that you can ... understand, I think.”
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am

There are various tipping points with money; the more you have, the less you need.

I don't consider myself to be rich but I do have more than average and, as such, I get things for free that others have to pay for.

Breakdown cover, access to airport lounges, hotels, flights, food and drink when travelling, upgrades, invitations to events, cheap credit cards, concierge services, insurance etc.

The trick is to get to the point where that stuff starts being offered and then keeping it going.

I'm sure that if you get up to the next tier there's a bunch of stuff that the likes of me can only dream of.

Money is for the poor.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Quoth » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 pm

I don’t know that that’s quite how it works. This seems to be more about the ratio of value to expense. Below a certain point the quality of the goods and services you buy either doesn’t properly fulfil the need or adversely effects their lifespan. Beyond a certain point the value added per pound spent exponentially decreases so you end up pay a lot more for very little. In so far as I’m aware that sweet spot were you get the most for your money exists for pretty much everything.

Many of these ‘perks’ are actually a paid for part of the service. It’s a bit like buying a car in the sense that the support provided by the dealer network is part of the product.

It’s also about understanding what it is you are paying for. I have an uncle who does his general shopping at harrod’s because “you get a better class of scum.” Personally I’ve tried buying things from harrod’s (most notably a £200 box of chocolates which were less palatable than doggy chocs) and the product is never worth the price. What he’s paying for is simply the snob value. Likewise with people here who lose large sums gambling. Unless they have some means by which to change the odds in their favour what they’re paying thousands of dollars for is the experience of gambling.

So while you do need a certain amount of cash to be truely economical, it’s also about understanding that not all the glitters is necessarily gold and sometimes what you’re paying for is often the experiance or the name or the hype or the joy of having the newest shiny toy which in practical terms is no different than last years shiny toy.

“Everything I have just said is nonsense. It bears no resemblance to the truth of the matter in any way at all. But it is a lie that you can ... understand, I think.”
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Quoth wrote:Personally I’ve tried buying things from harrod’s (most notably a £200 box of chocolates which were less palatable than doggy chocs) and the product is never worth the price. What he’s paying for is simply the snob value.

It could be snob value or it could be that people perceive it to be of higher quality when it comes at a higher price.

When I used to sell craft beer, the sales at markets were low when compared to other beers until we marked up our price to be about R10 higher than most of the other beers. From that point on we sold double the amount.

The only drink to sell more was a diet cooler that was promoted by practically naked russian women. The cooler itself tasted disgusting.
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Postby Quoth » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 am

Selling alcopops with the dream of boobs, i’ve never understood what kind of men that works on.

Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

I don't understand it either. But maybe that's because I have breasts of my own.
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:45 pm

I understand how selling fragrances with tits can make sense since the adverts for lynx for instance portray girls being aggravated to the smell. Otherwise it’s selling purely on the association of “I like boobs therefore I should buy this thing with boobs next to it”

-- Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 pm --

Attracted* lol. Perhaps the typo is more realistic of what happens
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 pm

People naturally seek sexual partners.

Women seek partners less than men because when a woman gets pregnant she doesn't require sex for the next nine months whereas men can continue to seed other women as and when they want.

Therefore, women will look to find a man with enduring qualities that will be advantageous to their young whereas men will seek out women who represent a good breeding match, which is why female characteristics are exaggerated to attract - big red lips, big t1ts, wide hips, big eyes etc.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ZombieZ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Titts works on just about all men. I won’t make a purchase just for that though, she wants to toss in a blowjob that might influence me a little bit.
ZombieZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 am

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:14 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:People naturally seek sexual partners.

Women seek partners less than men because when a woman gets pregnant she doesn't require sex for the next nine months whereas men can continue to seed other women as and when they want.

Therefore, women will look to find a man with enduring qualities that will be advantageous to their young whereas men will seek out women who represent a good breeding match, which is why female characteristics are exaggerated to attract - big red lips, big t1ts, wide hips, big eyes etc.

This is a very heterosexual response. What is your theory of attraction to those who are attracted to the same sex?
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post