Our partner

Ask And Answer

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Ask And Answer

Postby Reaper » Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 pm

The idea of this thread is to ask ask a question for everyone to answer, then answer any questions others may have asked (including your own question when replying to other people's questions).

For example:

Person A starts by asking a question (that will be me because I'm starting the thread).

Person B answers Person A's question and also asks a question (for everyone to answer).

Person C answers Person A and Person B's questions and then asks a question as well.

Person A answers their own question that they asked earlier and answers Person B and Person C's questions.

And so on and so forth.

I'd like the questions to either relate to AsPD and psychopathy (think of what questions you could ask that involve the traits and characteristics of the disorder/condition) and/or personal experiences (eg; Have you ever visited another country?). If someone asks a yes or no question, explain your answer when responding to it.

If you can, try to ask questions that would give more than just a yes or no response. You can ask more than one question, as long as it relates to the first.

For example: What was the first crime you ever committed, and how old were you?

So, with that in mind, I'll ask the first question, which will be the one I asked above:

What was the first crime you ever committed, and how old were you?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Ask And Answer

Postby Quoth » Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Piracy, 13. To the best of my recollection.

What number of sexual partners would you consider to constitute promiscuity and how many have you had?
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 am

It's nice to see this thread has really taken off... not. /sigh

Does reaching in through a window and stealing something count as burglary or is that just theft?
Anyway, I was 7.

What number of sexual partners would you consider to constitute promiscuity and how many have you had?
I'd say more than 10 maybe. It depends on the person's age though. An 80 year old woman who's only had 10 sexual partners over the span of those 80 years wouldn't be considered promiscuous, but if she had most of them before she even hit middle age, I'd say she might be. Or maybe I'm old-fashioned and it takes a lot more than 10 to be considered promiscuous these days.
I personally think it's not just the number of sexual partners that makes someone promiscuous, but also who they had sex and how many at the same time. With that said, I've had over 30 sexual partners. I've had sex with people who were married or in other relationships, had sex with two guys I barely knew in the same night in the same room, one after the other and been in three sexual relationships at the same time.

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done?
Last edited by Reaper on Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Fool » Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 am

Reaper wrote:It's nice to see this thread has really taken off... not. /sigh

Does reaching in through a window and stealing something count as burglary or is that just theft?
Anyway, I was 7.

I'd say more than 10 maybe. It depends on the person's age though. An 80 year old woman who's only had 10 sexual partners over the span of those 80 years wouldn't be considered promiscuous, but if she had most of them before she even hit middle age, I'd say she might be. Or maybe I'm old-fashioned and it takes a lot more than 10 to be considered promiscuous these days.
I've had over 30.

you didn't ask a question

what advice would you give to someone who had nothing to offer you?
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri May 18, 2018 12:45 am

Fool wrote:you didn't ask a question

Yeah, I know. I forgot, lol. I've since edited.

By the way, you didn't answer the previous questions. Of course, you don't have to answer them, but that is the point of the thread.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Fool » Fri May 18, 2018 1:03 am

Reaper wrote:
Fool wrote:you didn't ask a question

Yeah, I know. I forgot, lol. I've since edited.

By the way, you didn't answer the previous questions. Of course, you don't have to answer them, but that is the point of the thread.

most exciting thing i have done is probably from childhood when i acted out. i broke into a showhouse once when i was about ten and spent the night treating it as my own personal den, then retreated into the walls when people arrived to view the house the next morning. i think someone knew i had broken in, but nobody found me. it's a pretty stupid story but i found it exciting because i was essentially off map for like 50 hrs which was a lot for a ten year old

you also didn't answer my question, so i'll let you do that, then ask another for someone with better stories =)

edit-

i'll rephrase it, actually, since you are answering and it offers a better perspective..

what advice would you give to your daughter, above all else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbmS3tQJ7Os
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri May 18, 2018 1:40 am

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done?
Planned a murder with someone who was willing to pay me to kill them. It was exciting because it was a very risky and potentially dangerous situation. I didn't do it of course (the murder I mean).

I wouldn't give them advice. Though I might if I was really bored and had nothing better to do. The advice I give would depend entirely on whatever they're asking, and it may be more harmful than helpful...

Always listen to your mother and do as she says.

(Mother sounds so weird to me, like it just doesn't suit me at all. Since I'm gender fluid I prefer a more neutral term like 'parent', but that just looks weird in that sentence)

If there was a pill that could turn you into a psychopath, would you take it, or do you not need it because you already are one?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby cutecactus » Sat May 19, 2018 2:20 am

Depends on what they ask, it's not like I ask anything for my advice

I don't want children, no idea lol I can't even imagine it

If there was a pill that could turn you into a psychopath, would you take it, or do you not need it because you already are one?
Maybe, if it would replace my current disorders, whatever those are

What would you do with your money if you won the lottery?
◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
cutecactus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:54 am

Postby Reaper » Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 am

I strongly suspect I already am one.

I'd like to buy a new computer, a new motorcycle, a nice house and start my own business, but I'd probably just blow it on drugs, alcohol and gambling.

When was the first time you became aware of what AsPD is and how did you come to that realization?

(Actually, that would make a good thread topic)
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SirPercival » Mon May 21, 2018 3:10 am

I wouldn't do anything with it until I got the urge to spend it. Probably buy more books or instruments.

When was the first time you became aware of what AsPD is and how did you come to that realisation?
It's a long story, and quite a boring one. Let's just say it wasn't a single-event realisation, and it took some years for it to settle in due to denial and my indifferent behaviour.

Have you ever regretted anything you've done? If yes, what was it, and why? If no, why not?
SirPercival
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:54 am

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post