Our partner

Rage issues

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Rage issues

Postby TrustNoFishball » Mon May 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi guys, I need help for a friend(not only a friend honestly)
He's sociopath and I accept this, I want to help him
But I can't understand his rage with me, he never act so angry with the other girls he's been with
The only way to fight him is using the same violence but I can't do that anymore, I don't want to
Can someone explain why all this anger?

ps I'm from Italy sorry for the english lol
pps I have BPD
TrustNoFishball
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Rage issues

Postby Reaper » Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm

TrustNoFishball wrote:Hi guys, I need help for a friend(not only a friend honestly)
He's sociopath and I accept this, I want to help him
But I can't understand his rage with me, he never act so angry with the other girls he's been with
The only way to fight him is using the same violence but I can't do that anymore, I don't want to
Can someone explain why all this anger?

It's your BPD. It's setting him off.

Having BPD your emotions are likely unstable. The whole hot and cold thing is probably frustrating him and he doesn't know any other way to deal with it other than through anger and violence.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Siegfried » Wed May 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Help for a friend eh? Alrighty there fishball.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby julllia » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

When i had a crush with a borderline he pushed my buttons and instead of acting rational and calm i pushed his.
Like noone were mature emotionally to deal
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:33 am

Postby KvotheTheRaven » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm

I've had a few relationships with BPDs. They were good as long as I got what I wanted. They were cut off when I didn't.
KvotheTheRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby julllia » Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 pm

^nons or everyone doesn't do that too? They are only with someone as long as they get what they want.
Why else would you be with someone?
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Siegfried » Wed May 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I think Raven means a relationship without the incentive of staying. If you want someone to stay with you, you usually have to sacrifice parts of yourself. It's a balance really, you want the person you're with to perceive that they're getting as much as they're giving.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby julllia » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Oh ok!i guess you can say everyone wants different things also
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Quoth » Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm

You’re with someone for the purposes of being with them aren’t you? Companionship and whatnot.
To enjoy doing things with them just for the sake of doing things with them. if life’s highs are not are not invigorated and low’s not softened because you did it with them, I’m not sure I really see the point. True for both friendships and romantic relationships.

Probably partly why I struggle to comprehend the behaviour of those people who get in abusive relationships and don’t want to leave.

I can see how someone with a PD could take a more mercenary approach though.
”The man would then tear up little pieces of paper above the street, and the creatures, attracted by this shower of white butterflies, came out into the middle of the road, raising enquiring paws towards the last pieces of paper. At this the little old man would spit on the cats, firmly and accurately.”
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 am

Postby Reaper » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

julllia wrote:^nons or everyone doesn't do that too? They are only with someone as long as they get what they want.
Why else would you be with someone?

For most people the give and take in relationships is mutual and it comes from a place of genuine care (caring about each other, wanting to satisfy each other's needs). What raven is talking about is not mutual, at least I assume it's not.

If she views relationships the way I do, then she only cares about her own needs. Any give and take is purely about getting her own needs met, and if she's anything like me those needs aren't emotional, they're physical. There's no genuine care for the other person.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post