Our partner

High Functioning Sociopaths only

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: High Functioning Sociopaths only

Postby Reaper » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 pm

ChessGame4 wrote:so i mean..is this thread dead? :/

You bumped a thread with a last reply that was posted a year ago and you're asking if it's dead? Are you fuking blind?
justonemoreperson wrote:I'm a carrot.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby madness00 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:29 am

My T always calls me high functioning. I really doubt that i am, though.
Dx: Bipolar 1 rapid cycling, Substance abuse, Antisocial traits
Rx: Vraylar 6mg, Lamictal 300mg

PM me, as i prefer one-on-ones.
madness00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 am

madness00 wrote:My T always calls me high functioning. I really doubt that i am, though.

If you have the ability to hold down a job, then you are technically high-functioning, but if you don't, then you're not.

I'm technically low-functioning because I've had a lot of problems holding down jobs in the past, having been fired due to irresponsibility from almost all of them. Well, that and/or pure lack of effort. I hated working.

I'm considered to have chronic mental health issues with affects a lot of things I do.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 am

madness00 wrote:My T always calls me high functioning. I really doubt that i am, though.

Why?
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:07 am

Postby Infinitesimal » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:15 am

I'm considered to have chronic mental health issues with affects a lot of things I do.

And that qualifies you for a disability pension as a result of a diagnosis made by a qualified Psychiatrist.

ASPD alone wouldn't grant you these government leeching benefits, so how does your diagnosis differ than the psychologists dx (whom can get a degree from a cereal box) that you wear as a badge of honor?

An actual qualified psychiatrist or clinical psychologist (meaning having a doctorate) paid for by the state to sniff out scammers likely deemed you mentally disabled, which is correct by all means.

So what was their dx that's permanently debilitating?

Schizophrenia or some variant or just straight autism ?

The autism would make sense, and likely why your welfare funded psycHOLOGIST feeds into your infatuation of being labeled ASPD and fuels your ego that you, could possibly be a full blown psycho.

Too bad welfare doesn't cover FMRIs at your leisure so they never sent you for one and never will.

But a real question is how disabled you are according to your governments standards?

You're definitely severely disabled by their criteria, but I feel like you're on the cusp of being extremely disabled.
And once again ASPD wouldn't grant that kind disability, but autism, assburgers, or schizophrenia spectrum absolutely could.
Tell me some of these ^^^ symptoms don't more accurately describe you..

Oh wait, you can't be introspective without being deluded by your overwhelming disability, I forgot.

Why are you posting here anyways?

You must be one of the lowest functioning people here, the irony is amusing
BTC: 1NmB4yxEUPfwVWskCSMigdHPy9i4kCtZDY
LTC: LXbB7U4XpXBx2FCuyYfoXdhUrr6Das3DaC
ETH:0xD170607D7Ac442Da67Be15753D2abda-
4247b6283
XRP: rDsbeomae4FXwgQTJp9Rs64Qg9vDiTCdBv - Destination Tag 96854920
Infinitesimal
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 am

Postby Reaper » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 am

Infinitesimal wrote:

And that qualifies you for a disability pension as a result of a diagnosis made by a qualified Psychiatrist.

Having personality disorders is considered a chronic mental health issue, especially when you've got a disorder like AsPD because it really does fuk up your life. I doubt my PD's alone qualified me for disability support. They may have contributed to it though with the wording my psych used in his report letter. He mentioned that there's a poor chance of recovery.

ASPD alone wouldn't grant you these government leeching benefits, so how does your diagnosis differ than the psychologists dx (whom can get a degree from a cereal box) that you wear as a badge of honor?

I didn't try to claim that AsPD was my only issue when I applied for disability. I'm not going to go into everything I spoke to the assessors about because that's my business and not all of it was entirely true.

I know you think AsPD is some kind of badge of honor, but I don't. I've been living with it, so I know for a fact it's not.

An actual qualified psychiatrist or clinical psychologist (meaning having a doctorate) paid for by the state to sniff out scammers likely deemed you mentally disabled, which is correct by all means.

The psychologist who diagnosed me with AsPD and schizoid PD was qualified, and I was honest with him (as much as I could be anyway) so I can assume his diagnosis was accurate. He wasn't the one I had to convince to get on disability support. The assessors at centerlink were and it was easier to cheat the system back then. They've made it harder to these days.

So what was their dx that's permanently debilitating?

It wasn't the job of the assessors to diagnose me. It was only their job to assess my eligibility for disability support based on my medical and psych reports (they didn't fill out those reports. My doctor and my psychologist did).

You don't have to have a permanently debilitating disability to get on disability support, and I don't.

Schizophrenia or some variant or just straight autism ?

No, because those aren't my issues. I don't have either of those.

The autism would make sense

No, it wouldn't. You're not a psychologist. No actual psychologist has ever told me I have autism. Go figure...

and likely why your welfare funded psycHOLOGIST feeds into your infatuation of being labeled ASPD and fuels your ego that you, could possibly be a full blown psycho.

I'm not sure how being labelled with a personality disorder can fuel anyone's ego. Do you understand the definition of a disorder?

Apparently not since you think it can be worn as a badge of honor.

Claiming to have psychopathy (even though you've never been tested for it) fuels your ego. You go on about me having AsPD, but you're the one who's been trying to convince people you're a psychopath, always going on and on about your head trauma, even though it doesn't prove you're one at all. Me, I'm willing to accept that I may or may not be a psychopath. You think self-diagnosing yourself is accurate. I don't.

I'm not the one trying to fuel an ego here.

Too bad welfare doesn't cover FMRIs at your leisure so they never sent you for one and never will.

I won't let that bother me.

But a real question is how disabled you are according to your governments standards?

You're definitely severely disabled by their criteria, but I feel like you're on the cusp of being extremely disabled.

According to what criteria? I'm not severely disabled at all and I never said I was.

Why are you posting here anyways?

Because unlike you, I was diagnosed with AsPD and for that reason I'm here to learn more about myself (and to socialize). Plus I have an interest in abnormal psychology, so I find it interesting looking at other people's psych issues as well and how it's affecting them.

Why are you here? Shouldn't you be on some forum for mentally retarded people with brain damage.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Poisonchocolate » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:30 pm

I love a good ol edgy superiority-complex circlejerk.
Poisonchocolate
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 am

Postby madness00 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:

Why?

Why what?

She thinks i am because i'm relatively smart according to her, have been able to hold down several jobs for over a year, and have a lot of insight.

I don't think i am because of my poor living situation, reliance on drugs, and inability to learn from mistakes.

madness00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:50 pm

That applies to 40% of the population.

You seem fairly self-aware and realistic. The rest can be learned.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:07 am

Postby madness00 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

A lot go into those three points, though.

My poor living situation was initiated by criminality, substance abuse, and impulsive spending.
My reliance on drugs included marijuana, alcohol, wellbutrin, cocaine and meth, at one point.
My inability to learn from mistakes leads me to social struggles, financial struggles and criminal struggles.

But you're right in that i have self-awareness and am fairly realistic.

madness00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies