Our partner

High Functioning Sociopaths only

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: High Functioning Sociopaths only

Postby big Anatoly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:13 am

A while back you spoke of a swelling urge to kill, to snuff one out. How's that now old Dani?! More potent or... pacified. If you are a sharp one you probably wouldn't satiate it this young.
What type of violence are you able to amount to, being a young ladio? If you mention it, it would likely have some prominence in your thinking, are you a poisoner or more a vicious ms?
I don't think you could swindle me out of my monies my dear ;) tell me?, how is your appearance? I would assume this helps trick the richie rich men!
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby AngelNoire » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:54 pm

big Anatoly wrote:A while back you spoke of a swelling urge to kill, to snuff one out. How's that now old Dani?! More potent or... pacified. If you are a sharp one you probably wouldn't satiate it this young.
What type of violence are you able to amount to, being a young ladio? If you mention it, it would likely have some prominence in your thinking, are you a poisoner or more a vicious ms?
I don't think you could swindle me out of my monies my dear ;) tell me?, how is your appearance? I would assume this helps trick the richie rich men!

I wouldnt call it swindling, but I suppose that could be accurate to a degree, that said, of course I couldn't, I've told you that I have done it, and that taints the scenario, I would have to reintroduce myself via another method first.

The violent tendencies have worsened. What annoys me most are the fantasies about people I am close to. People that I enjoy the company of and have a pleasant symbiotic relationship with. Killing them does me no good so its bothersome to have such a vivid imagination around them. I really have no way to sate this urge, but hopefully some big game hunting might help. If I get to use a knife on something living at some point that would be ideal...

And I havent had a chance to try out any rich men yet. My appearance is good, at least above average but I dont frequent places where that sort of opportunity might strike. I was once in a long term relationship with a much older female lawyer, so I do know that in practice its possible. Although being married, I have to consider my husbands jealousy now too.

-- Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:01 pm --

jag140 wrote:I'm a high functioning sociopath... how do I know? I have never felt any guilt in my life for anything, ever, yet I have an IQ of 150 and have never gotten in trouble with the law. The police trust me, as do most authority figures. Despite my early years with conduct disorder. I learned to emulate most people my age.

It was through my high-functioning sociopathy that I was able to get through business school as a near-valedictorian and crush everyone behind me. Now I'm the vice president of a company that has had a bit of a series of ponzi schemes in the past. Every day I put on my tie and my mask to show the world I'm going to take everything for what it's worth.

I once got a coworker fired through false accusations because I saw him as a threat yet funnily enough, he never figured out who dunnit; the look on his dumbfounded face as he left the office still makes me laugh to this day. Even as I pervasively crawl my way to the top of the corporate hierarchy, I'm still one of the most popular people there. I exude extroversion and teamwork but really only care about one thing: money.

That interests me. Money is a good primary objective, and it sounds as though you specifically selected it for yourself. As far as criminal activity is comcerned are you ever at risk? Or are things set up to make that impossible? Or is risk an acceptable part of reward for you?
AngelNoire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby big Anatoly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 pm

So is it more along the lines of racketeering? Ah, that doesn't matter.
I find it fascinating the urges are directed at favored people. I've always had such fantasies and urges toward people who aren't loyal or leave a yucky taste in my mouth, or random people. I have "visions" of great feats of violence in all sorts of places... the Market, the gym... often pleasant to imbibe in. So you would say it's majorly urges toward your husband and proximate peoples?
Just a hypothesis but you mentioned big game, you may enjoy the art of trapping; setting traps and killing the animal with a blade may be a temporary indulgence? I imagine you also would like skinning and seeing quantities of blood.
Ah, if I am correct we are both the ripe age of 21! Do you have higher education? What is your occupation?
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Wannabe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:24 pm

This thread is so cringe lol
Wannabe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:48 am

i think high functioning can only validly be a relative term, or it quickly nosedives into pop psych territory.

all Aspd are low functioning in some respect enough to merit that label.

i don't consider people who get people fired at work sociopaths, and valuing money and working hard (and smart) toward that within the boundaries of the law or what people can get away with is prosocial.

embracing capitalism does not amount to Aspd. there is a 'dark' side to business, that's part of the game. just because most of the rank and file don't partake in the shady side of business or have morals against it doesn't mean it's sociopathic. it's meant to be like that. if everyone had the same morals then our capitalist system/society would not exist as we know it. different people are raised to do different things in our society, and morals and values vary accordingly. it's not a conspiracy, this arrangement has just evolved naturally out of human interaction and tendencies although it is deliberately maintained to some extent.

if business requires some dishonesty and duplicity then it is not antisocial by definition.

and if you can get away with it, then the law has turned a blind eye, which means that it is required/valued by society.

do you understand?

if you scratch the surface a bit, you will find those who think having no conscience in business makes them a sociopath are actually narcissists. they are very self-sacrificing for the company or more directly making money. they are actually the embodiment of pro-social, dedicating long hours, pleasing all the right people...it involves much self-sacrifice.

money is a good motivator...but if you really only valued money for yourself why would you sacrifice so much of your life making it? wouldn't you try something quick and truly antisocial and just steal it, giving nothing back?

hence the latter are considered Aspd, by the 'recognized authorities' on the topic, who do not recognize these so-called high functioning corporate psychopaths who never get caught.

trust me, the law has deliberate loop holes in it for people to exploit to benefit big business. it was created by lawyers, i'm sure they know it better than lay people do, so you're not outsmarting anyone, just don't be stupid enough to get caught breaking laws that are meant to be broken.

if you want to advance to Aspd level, then break laws that are not meant to be broken.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Postby SweetSlumber » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 pm

I agree with crystal, it's more of a narcissistic thing to be "high functioning". Some people with ASPD might be narcissistic, sure, but does that mean they will care to work their asses off? Like why would they do that when they can make a comfortable living with less effort. Plus there's no fun in it. The only benefit of being at the top of the game is that some people will consider you to be better than average.

I think the reason why many "top dogs" seem so ruthless is because they believe that (generally) everybody has equal opportunities, and with enough work and determination anybody could be a top dog. They have a morality and values, they just believe that everybody is responsible for their own success.

Hence if a worker doesn't do the job properly, it means they are lazy/not motivated enough to find a solution to their problems. I have a right to fire such a worker for the good of my company and the society - the society will be better off if unmotivated people are taught a lesson that hard work is important, even if the lesson may be painful. Yes, by firing that person I am giving him a favor - they will try harder next time and develop into a better individual.
"The past is never dead. It is not even past."
Dx: PDNOS
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 am

Postby AngelNoire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am

big Anatoly wrote:So is it more along the lines of racketeering? Ah, that doesn't matter.
I find it fascinating the urges are directed at favored people. I've always had such fantasies and urges toward people who aren't loyal or leave a yucky taste in my mouth, or random people. I have "visions" of great feats of violence in all sorts of places... the Market, the gym... often pleasant to imbibe in. So you would say it's majorly urges toward your husband and proximate peoples?
Just a hypothesis but you mentioned big game, you may enjoy the art of trapping; setting traps and killing the animal with a blade may be a temporary indulgence? I imagine you also would like skinning and seeing quantities of blood.
Ah, if I am correct we are both the ripe age of 21! Do you have higher education? What is your occupation?

You dont really have the vocabulary to back up the way you are metering your words... It feels disjointed. The urges arent directed at favored people they just happen to be added to the lost lately. I mentioned big game because I would like the creature I kill to have some sort of intelligence. The knife itself is very important to me. Guns and projectile weapons take everything that I like about the scenario in my head and ruins it. I could care less about the trapping portion. Not really my kind of puzzle, I'm not good at them. I really just fantasize about the kill itself...
AngelNoire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby big Anatoly » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am

You're no English graduate yourself, dirty dirty bastard you...
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 pm

AngelNoire wrote:The difference between you and me then would be the exertion of power. I dont exert power over people. Its just sort of innate. Its still manipulation in much the same way as you describe, but the results and rewards are very very different I imagine.

Are they...

Why don't you tell me what the results and rewards are for you because you certainly can't assume what they are for me.

I use dramatic words like power and everyone gives me $#%^ for it. You would think people werent capable of reading between the lines here. Either that or they just dont understand what I mean and to my ends it doesnt really matter then.

I asked you to explain your so-called innate power. Is there a problem with you describing that?

And I could place myself on a pedestal above you.

You could in your own mind I'm sure. After all, you can do anything you want in your own mind. Reality may not be so accommodating.

I choose not to because it doesnt do me any good. Your words are only words. As are mine. Plus I'm not really here for a dick measuring contest. Lacking a dick, I might lose :3

Oh yes, you would definitely lose that contest, lol.

I sense that you were frustrated by what I wrote. I worried it might generate some defensiveness and then some confusion, which apparently was the case.

I didn't see any reason to get frustrated or act defensively so I don't know how you got that impression from my post.

Aggression bores me. Its too chaotic, so please assume that anything I say unless its actively aggressive is only incedental and not intended to annoy.

Good to know.

Personally, I like aggression. Aggression is raw and real.

Point of what I wrote was to express that I didnt think we could reasonably be compared, and thus dont have much to gain by our correspondance. You have further elaborated that point, so thank you.

Yes, I don't think there is much to be gained from corresponding with you.

By the way, the NPD forum is that way -->
justonemoreperson wrote:I'm a carrot.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:33 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ChessGame4 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 pm

so i mean..is this thread dead? :/
ChessGame4
Consumer 0