Our partner

High Functioning Sociopaths only

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: High Functioning Sociopaths only

Postby Kimera » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Polimistis wrote:You are a low functioning narcissist. Jesus of Nazareth go to the NPD forum with you're self loathing.

We're good. You guys can keep her.
NPD
Kimera
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby 1201236 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:55 pm

The wolves gather.
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby poxalis » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:00 am

I skimmed your intro. Yes, yes reading minds. I'm the high functioning version of yourself. We really aren't that accomplished as adults. Unsurprisingly being a skilled bewitcher with little aim only leads to getting dopes who can pay the bills and not much else. Although I did manage to snag a real good pussy eater.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 am

I'm not so sure that high-functioning sociopaths truly exist.

If you're that capable of blending in and following the herd as well as everybody else and doing what the herd does, then who is to say that you are anything more than a regular sheep.

I don't follow the herd (well, I do, but only to make it easier to 'eat' them when hungry) and yet, I have never been caught. Does this mean I'm high-functioning?
justonemoreperson wrote:I'm a carrot.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:51 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby caspin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:43 am

Reaper wrote:I'm not so sure that high-functioning sociopaths truly exist.

If you're that capable of blending in and following the herd as well as everybody else and doing what the herd does, then who is to say that you are anything more than a regular sheep.

I don't follow the herd (well, I do, but only to make it easier to 'eat' them when hungry) and yet, I have never been caught. Does this mean I'm high-functioning?

I think so yep.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Postby AngelNoire » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:30 am

Not being a psychologist myself, which it seems many on here appear to claim to be. I could not tell you what the literal definition of high functioning is. My husband (not a psychologist, but a psych major) tells me it refers to their ability to function in society. But I will tell you what my definition is.

I consider a high functioning sociopaths differences from a simpler one to be something comparable to the difference between an idiot and an idiot savant. Clearly most arent able to use their lack of emotions to their advantage. They are stunted by this instead of enabled. My lack of emotions and my familial surroundings being extremely emotional and passive aggressive allowed me to read people well. In fact I got so good at it people would sometimes express anger, fear, and mistrust when I used it outside the home. One girl whom I eventually ended up dating claimed I must have been stalking or researching her when I told her that her father was an atheistic drunk that her mother wouldnt leave because she claimed she was staying for the kids but in reality couldnt handle the thought of being alone.

Some have compared me to Sherlock Holmes but in reality I am nothing so grand. I feel I likely make mistakes more often than the person who inspired him and far more often than the one in any of his media reincarnations. Sorry for straying away from the explanation but I felt it important to make that differentiation. I am by no means anything unexplainable.

For instance, that girl acted like someone who had dealt with physical abuse and paranoia, its not too hard to recognize that when you've been around alot of ###$ up people so theres nothing special about immediately recognizing that. She had a cross on but didnt seem to act like someone with a certainty in christ but also didnt seem very rebellious, so I had to figure one of the parents were atheist, since if it were another religion it would definitely be a stricter one and the lack of rebellion in a girl that young indicated neither parents subscribed to a stricter religion. I had met the girl at a meet-up before a party she was not going to, some things she said indicated she drank but only in moderation. People that age rarely have this trait and usually are either heavy drinkers when they have the opportunity or barely drink at all if at all, that paired with what I already knew about her family told me one of them drank. It wasnt likely to be the mother, since I was already certain that was the christian parent from her affectations when referring to either parent, thus her father was an abusive atheistic drunk who was married to a christian woman. So why didnt the woman leave? If there was only one kid and she was out of high school, then she couldnt be staying for the kids unless there was another younger child (which there was but I didnt have this information), and the girl acted protected and amused when teased or verbally attacked which indicated the presence of an older sibling probably male. The younger sibling I could not surmise due to their lack of closeness so there werent many tells to give me that information. So as far as I knew, she wasnt staying for the kids, but might have been saying that since her family was almost certainly christian like her. (a bit of a leap that one, but my instincts dont oft serve me wrong) So why stay? The girl displayed many traits of dealing with paranoia, and while the father was a likely candidate for that with the abuse and drunkenness, I was thrown off that he could be highly paranoid and be assertatively against the existence of a higher power. So clearly it had to be the mother. The girl had mentioned at one point her grandparents were mostly deceased in passing as a sort of jealous after remark to someone mentioning their grandparents pitching in to buy a car for them as a graduation present. This told me that the woman likely didnt have parents to turn to so a divorce would leave her mostly alone. So a fear of loneliness in a paranoid christian woman seemed a reasonable explanation for staying with a runk atheist.

What defines me as high functioning in my mind is that it took me the five minutes I interacted with this girl to discern all of that and more. I have a savant skill. But I test extremely high on IQ tests. I've taken multiple and they all have reached different results that oft arent even within 40 points of eachother, but are never below 135. So I am no idiot, but I am forgetful and scatterbrained, just good at focusing on specific tasks, not at multitasking.

I imagine others like me who are unhindered by emotion experience similar, if varying abilities that are beyond a normal persons.

Between you and me I don't really consider us comparable. You from what I've read are good at getting things you need or want by accruing the power or strength to do so and then exerting it. I don't really have that skill. I still accrue resources in the same way as everyone else, I just have a highly advanced skill that gives me an edge to get it. You feel like someone in a position of power over others. I am someone who lives with power over others. It is innate rather than earned, and thus, useless in gaining a position of power, since I cannot handle the responsibilities such a person would have.

Perhaps that makes you better than me. Perhaps it makes me better than you. But I will not find out until I reach an age that such a thing is possible to compare. If I were you, I never would have accepted perscribed medication, but I live in a world where the consequences of doing so are apparent, researched, and publicly available, beyond being able to define to a T the results of doing so in others with mental illness whom I have met in my short lifetime.

I feel that the limitations you have imposed upon yourself by doing so have stunted you, and also further drives the point that we are as we currently stand, incomparable.

I do however want to stress that I am not placing myself in a pedestal above you, as some might read that statement to mean. In fact I just see no basis for either of us to be placed anywhere above or below eachother, as our situations seem extremely different. But perhaps I am wrong. I have not met you. I have not seen your face, nor had the opportunity to decipher you as I did that girl. Nor do I even know if such a thing is possible on someone who doesnt feel as others do.

The only information I have is that which you give me. Your records here are long and I dont feel a need to read through them, but if you feel we can benefit from further study in our potential comparisons than I urge you to make that possible by giving me what you feel to be relevant so we may discuss.

Alternatively you may decide that I'm full of $#%^.
If so then I suppose it is your prerogative to act on that or refuse to act based on that. It all is fine, none of those results concern me. I am not here to prove myself to anyone, which is why I leave the disrespectful comments unanswered now.

Thank you for being reasonable with your skepticism instead of being a sodding @@@@@@@ about it like most everyone else. That may be an incedental occurence, and have nothing to do with your intentions, but nonetheless I respect it.

Thank you for your time.
AngelNoire
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Postby gately » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:39 am

High functioning just means being smart and self-aware. Corey Reaux-Savonte is a good example.

AngelNoire wrote:What defines me as high functioning in my mind is that it took me the five minutes I interacted with this girl to discern all of that and more. I have a savant skill. But I test extremely high on IQ tests. I've taken multiple and they all have reached different results that oft arent even within 40 points of eachother, but are never below 135. So I am no idiot, but I am forgetful and scatterbrained, just good at focusing on specific tasks, not at multitasking.

Going by your posts, it's highly unlikely you're a sociopath, let alone a high functioning one. High IQ results and scatterbrainedness aren't usually mutually exclusive. It's next to impossible to score highly if you lack good cognitive control, especially on mensa tests. People with 135+ IQs are exceptionally clear-headed and wouldn't produce the amount of logical and grammatical errors as there are appearing in your posts here — what they may lack is abstract cognition, the intelligence feature suited to philosophy, which is extremely difficult to test for. Thomas Pynchon is a good example of someone with a blend of the two.

Replying with such a self-aggrandising and disproportional and deluded post suggests borderline narcissism, if anything.
gately
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 am

Postby Quoth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:37 am

They don't, at least not in any useful taxonomic sense.

It's yet another pop culture term recently popularised by the BBC series SHERLOCK, for which the writers received a certain amount of criticism on the basis of inaccuracy.

I assume this is why she's now trying to compare herself to the character.
as if in a broken jug for one backwards moment
water might keep its shape

https://youtu.be/VivuMRzQyw0
Quoth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Postby gately » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 am

gately wrote:High IQ results and scatterbrainedness are usually mutually exclusive.

This ironic moment proudly brought to you by:

gately
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 am

Postby RogueMonk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:07 am

gately wrote:High functioning just means being smart and self-aware. Corey Reaux-Savonte is a good example.

Wrong.
RogueMonk
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post