Our partner

Hearing voices is voice to skull

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby CHuy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:49 pm

If you are hearing voices, then you probably googled some day hearing voices and then you found about 50 million pages that say that this is a severe mental illness, or that you should just accept it and go on with your life.

First there were dozens of websites dedicated to this idea alone. All these websites said for a fact that it's a mental illness. They didn't consider any other possibility.

Then there was the Hearing Voices Movement. This is based on research that says that hearing voices alone isn't necessarily a mental illness, just learn to live with it.

But it has been proven that there's an electronic device that can do just that: beam voices into your head. They don' tell you that.

There has been a commercial device. It cost only 390 dollar.

I made a website about it. I got my information from the most well-known activists.

http://www.hearingvoices-is-voicetoskull.com
CHuy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby squirrel1 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi folks -

[mod edit]

What Cliff describes in the post above is actually called "Silent Sound," and the device he speaks of takes ordinary voice, and converts it in two ways for use as SUBLIMINAL sound:

1. The normal band of voice frequencies, typically 300 to 3,000 Hz, is raised up near, but not exceeding, the upper limit of human hearing. Silent Sound voice, thus converted, centers around frequencies between 14,500 to 16,800 Hz, making it barely understandable.

2. The normal highs and lows of a voice are done away with and it is converted into a frequency modulated signal. This makes what a listener hears sound like more or less a steady tone, with the frequency chosen by the converter manufacturer, and those "center frequencies" are chosen somewhere between 14,500 to 16,800 Hz.

There are more recent variations, but the original technique was offered by Dr. Oliver Lowery as a substitute for "subliminal sound" and according to the industry is more effective. His patent was U.S. #5,159,703.

"Silent Sound" merchants claim hypnotic influence, with the subject unable, or practically unable, to hear the hypnotist's voice is achievable with this system.

The output of a Silent Sound speech converter is just an ordinary audio signal, which can be further fed to any audio equipment, radio, TV, headphones, speakers, and the like. It finds frequent use in theft prevention in department stores.

Now there actually IS a proven successful method of transmitting voice directly into the hearing sense of a subject, which uses a pulsed microwave signal, very similar to that emitted by a radar transmitter. This is commonly called "voice to skull," abbreviated "V2K" by the U.S. Army. This method does not require any electronic device on or in the person receiving the voice.

Rather than take the time to describe the process in detail here, I offer the article from the March, 1975 journal "American Psychologist," by Dr. Don Justesen, describing the successful demonstration of this principle by Dr. Joseph Sharp:

http://www.randomcollection.info/ampsychv2s.pdf

(The original was light and hard to scan - use your PDF reader's zoom feature to make small print easier to read.)

A device to transmit pulsed microwave voice to skull to someone would cost in the thousands of dollars, but is do-able by an experienced technician. No exotic technology is involved.

This technology is an outgrowth of what had been called "radar hearing," an effect first reported during World War II, in which technicians working near energized radar antennas heard a buzz from the train of evenly spaced microwave pulses being transmitted by the radar set. One microwave pulse causes a single click in the hearing sense.
Last edited by Cheze2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: privacy reasons
squirrel1
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 pm
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 4:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby CHuy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Miss EW,

I know that you see it this way.
We don't have to agree about everything.
On the CALL website (Center for Army Lessons Learned) of the US Army they wrote that there are 2 sorts or voice to skull: microwave voice to skull (like Sharp) and silent sound voice to skull (like Lowery).
Strictly speaking you are right, because silent sound is not microwave voice to skull, and because if we say voice to skull then generally we mean microwave voice to skull.
But the army treats silent sound as voice to skull.
I'm just following the line of logic of the army.

The description in the advertisement for the commercial device was probably not correct, because it was written by the seller and that was probably someone else than the producer.
That's how I see it.
(Did you ever test this device? How can you know whether the description was correct?)

The main point is, that people should start to realize, that if they hear voices, that his could be harassment with an electronic device, and that the number of people who are harassed this way
are probably the majority of all voice hearers.

Why are they probably the majority?
Because we don't have a convincing medical explanation why these people hear voices, while we can easily explain it with voice to skull.

The theory that needs the smallest number of assumptions is the most likely to be true.
CHuy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby CHuy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am

In the past I tried to convince people who were not a victim, like the unaware public and doctors, as you can read here:

anti-psych/topic52153.html

Now I'm focusing exclusively on victims.
CHuy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby Infinite_Jester » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

Hey Cliff,

I know I'm not your target audience but I just wanted to deal with some of the claims your making.

(1) Microwaves have no relationship with how auditory information is processed by the brain. In order for us to be able to hear something from the external environment sound waves must vibrate our ossicles in our middle ear to vibrate our inner ear. The vibrations open mechanically gated ion channels on our neurons which allows positively charged sodium ions to trigger an action potential depolarizing a number of neurons which have pathways to our auditory cortex. Microwaves have no causal relationship with these processes so the claim that there is a technology which uses microwaves to cause you to hear things could not be true. All the microwaves in the world could not trigger affect your auditory cortex.

(2) the claim that the army has developed a technology which you call "silent sound" which can send subliminal messages long distances is also untrue. A stimulus is called subliminal if it can only be detected less than 50% of the time. So if I were to play a noise quietly and you were only able to identify it 1/2 times it would be subliminal. To be clear it just means that noises are not that loud not that they have any particular property that is different than normal sounds. Therefore, the idea that the military or anyone else could send quiet sounds long distances to your auditory cortex is untrue for the same reason that my whispers cannot reach you from where I live. Again, to clarify the laws of physics are such that the technology you describe or that you have read elsewhere could not exist. Sound waves can only travel certain distances. If such a technology existed it would be really great because you could develop hearing aids that could transmit sound waves to the brain however, it's science fiction :(

Cliff Huylebroeck wrote:The main point is, that people should start to realize, that if they hear voices, that his could be harassment with an electronic device, and that the number of people who are harassed this way
are probably the majority of all voice hearers.

Why are they probably the majority?
Because we don't have a convincing medical explanation why these people hear voices, while we can easily explain it with voice to skull.

The theory that needs the smallest number of assumptions is the most likely to be true.


I disagree with your reasoning and here's why. To explain anything your not necessarily looking for the simplest explanation or one that is easy to describe. Instead, you want an explanation which is true. If it happens to be long and convoluted and requires large numbers of text books to explain so be it. Also, medical explanations of auditory hallucinations which posit that certain neurobiological events can produce experiences which mimic that from the external enviroment is based on empirical research. The theories on which these medical explanations are based on have been tested against falsification and have confirmed again and again. For example, methamphetamine users frequently experience auditory hallucinations because of increases in certain neurotransmitters like dopamine. If we were to take your hypothesis seriously then the reason would instead be that methamphetamine users are targeted exponentially more often then the general public by "silent sound" technologies and that the targeting and sending of sound waves ,which violates all the laws of physics governing sound waves, ceases when the main effect of the methamphetamine wears off. Although the latter hypothesis is logically possible given what we know about neurobiology and sound waves it seems indefensible unless we permit the existence of magic.

Again, I'm sorry to post a response you probably did not want but I thought it might make you feel a bit better to know that the voices that your hearing are not from a group of people who are harassing you and that your okay. If the laws of physics hold true, which they always have, no one is after you or trying to cause you harm.

Please take care of yourself.
Infinite_Jester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:34 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby Restored » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi there

I can't pretend that i have read all of this thread as my concentration wont last that long and also it all seems very scientific to me and i dont really understand it.

You do however seem to be suggesting that no one actually hears voices and if they do its down to this voice to skull thing you talk about? If that is the case why do people hear different things? As someone who does hear a voice i wonder why the voice i hear is that of somebody i know and not a more mechanical sound for want of a better word and why i would hear the things i do because it is just friendly chit chat that goes on it is very distressing and triggering. I am just interested to hear your thought on this and sorry if i have misunderstood what you are saying which is entirely possible.
A beautiful thing is never perfect

A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars
Restored
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4847
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 pm
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 9:45 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby CHuy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Infinite_Jester wrote:Microwaves have no relationship with how auditory information is processed by the brain.

You're misinformed. Start reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_auditory_effect

Infinite_Jester wrote:Therefore, the idea that the military or anyone else could send quiet sounds long distances to your auditory cortex is untrue for the same reason that my whispers cannot reach you from where I live. Again, to clarify the laws of physics are such that the technology you describe or that you have read elsewhere could not exist. Sound waves can only travel certain distances.

If sound is broadcasted using acoustic heterodyning, then it can travel several kilometers. The physics behind acoustic heterodyning are very complex. It has been demonstrated on youtube.

Infinite_Jester wrote:If such a technology existed it would be really great because you could develop hearing aids that could transmit sound waves to the brain

We suppose that it never became a commercial product because the health risks are very high. We are sure that it causes cancer, cataract, and so on. So now it can only be used to covertly harass people.

Infinite_Jester wrote:I disagree with your reasoning and here's why. ... If it happens to be long and convoluted and requires large numbers of text books to explain so be it. Also, medical explanations ... is based on empirical research. The theories ... have been tested against falsification and have confirmed again and again.

The official theories don't consider the possibility of voice to skull harassment. They refuse to investigate. So those theories don't have any value. We suspect also that the test subjects are not chosen really randomly. They choose particular test subjects to back up their claims. Also, the number of test subjects is often too small to come to such far-reaching conclusions.

Infinite_Jester wrote:If we were to take your hypothesis seriously then the reason would instead be that methamphetamine users are targeted exponentially more often then the general public by "silent sound"

You make progress. The perpetrators of this harassment will harass you more if they have a cover like "drug abuse" or "failed relationship".
CHuy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby CHuy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:48 pm

lonely-girl wrote:You do however seem to be suggesting that no one actually hears voices and if they do its down to this voice to skull thing you talk about? If that is the case why do people hear different things?

I'm convinced that for most voice hearers, hearing voices is hearing voice to skull.

The number of people who hear voices is too large to explain it as an illness. We know that there have been people in the past, like Jeanne d'Arc, who heared voices, long before the invention of electronics. That's right, but since the invention of electronics the number of voice hearers has increased abnormally.

Now compare hearing voices to another rare disease, like dwarfism. Just like we had a Jeanne d'Arc in the past who heared voices, there was also a dwarf. Maybe the number of voice hearers was equal to the number of dwarfs. Now suppose that 4% of all newborns are dwarfs, then there must be something terribly wrong. That's how I see it: if 4% of the population hears voices, and this is an illness, then there must be something terribly wrong, just like with the dwarfs. I find that voice to skull harassment is the explanation.

And about what people hear, what the voices are saying. In the cases of voice to skull harassment, we know that the voices are very limited in what they say, typically someone hears a voice that repeats every 4 seconds "Kill your children".

So if 4% of the population is hearing voices because there's something wrong with them, then this is an impossibility like 4% of all newborns is a dwarf.
CHuy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby Restored » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 pm

So why do my meds help me not hear the voice as often and why is the voice that of someone i know?
A beautiful thing is never perfect

A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars
Restored
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4847
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 pm
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 9:45 am
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: Hearing voices is voice to skull

Postby Infinite_Jester » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Hey Cliff,

I guess I gotta cut through the pseudo-science of voice to skull as a hypothesis for auditory hallucinations.

Although electromagnetic energy can cause some people to experience sound-like experiences the experiences themselves are not similar at all to auditory hallucinations (i.e. hearing voices).

Frey writes in his paper "Modulated electromagnetic energy" that the subjects had electromagnetic energy focused on them which induced a "pins-and -needles" sensation" which was further "described as being a buzz, clicking, hiss, or knocking" sound. This is not similar at all to hearing voices. How someone could mistake this for auditory hallucinations or believe that electromagnetic energy could be used to produce voice-like sounds is beyond me. I think you never read the article.

Cliff Huylebroeck wrote:If sound is broadcasted using acoustic heterodyning, then it can travel several kilometers. The physics behind acoustic heterodyning are very complex. It has been demonstrated on youtube.


Be honest Cliff. You don't know anything about physics. Acoustic heterodyning is usefull for changing the frequency of a sound which can improve how far the sound can be transmitted. Here's a cute example of a librarian using acoustic heterodyning to whisper to people in a library. Take note of the distance the individual is from the target and the clear direction that the compressions and rarefactions of sound waves follow into the target's ears. At no point does the auditory heterodyning travel through solid mass or the distances your describing/imagining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOi5fkHub0

Acoustic heterodyning can improve how far a sound can be transmitted but it does not make it possible for sounds to travel through solid mass or the distances you are describing. Which you don't mention because your not sure who the "they" is that's targeting you or why "they" are targeting you.

Cliff Huylebroeck wrote:The official theories don't consider the possibility of voice to skull harassment. They refuse to investigate. So those theories don't have any value. We suspect also that the test subjects are not chosen really randomly. They choose particular test subjects to back up their claims. Also, the number of test subjects is often too small to come to such far-reaching conclusions.


By "offical theory" you mean theories in the empirical sciences which have been tested and stand up to falsification? Yes? Well those are the good theories because they are supported by evidence. Also, the populations of the studies are large enough to have generalizable results and there have been enormous numbers of studies which have been able to replicate the results of the inital research. Also, the idea of a scientific conspiracy is silly. The method, population and results are always published with scientific research which allows a openness in the scientific community so that scientists can replicate and criticize existing research. I can only think of a few examples of falsification/fraud in the scientific community and needless to say the researchers were exposed when researchers tried to replicate their research.

Cliff have you ever considered how incredibly improbable it is that 4% of the population is being gang stalked by the government? It would require enormous effort with no benefit for your attackers. As a rule, the government doesn't do anything unless it's in it's own interest so it makes no sense to say they have a secret branch of the government which uses science fiction technology to annoy people.

Auditory hallucinations are the result of neurological and biochemical activity of the brain. Blaming hidden attackers who use technology that could not possible exist just makes things worse.

Cliff, if your hearing voices you are probably not feeling well. Get help. The only one out to get you is yourself because your imagining really upsetting and implausible stories for why you feel unwell which distracts you from asking for help. Even if you found someone to talk about your ideas that would be a good start.

Take care.
Infinite_Jester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:34 am
Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Anti-Psych Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests