Our partner

Bisexual Put In ConversionTherapy By Psychiatrist Found Dead

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Bisexual Put In ConversionTherapy By Psychiatrist Found Dead

Postby KingOfAntipsychiatry » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:39 am

In May 2020, Anjana Harish, a 22-year-old bisexual student, died by suicide in Goa. Before she took her life, she had put out a video on Facebook describing how she had been placed in solitary confinement in a mental facility by her family and subjected to ‘conversion therapy’. The constant physical and mental abuse led her to take the extreme step, she said.

In her facebook video she said:
"Hi, I am Anjana Harish.
You might know only some of my story
I have come live today to tell you what has been going on.
So I'll try and summarize what happened.
On the night of 24th December, my family along with some other people put me in a car at Kannur Railway Station.
They were taking me to Coimbatore. My arm was bleeding when they were taking.
They tortured me physically. Not just physically, also mentally.
I was taken to a doctor named N.S. Moni in Coimbatore.
I tried my utmost to convince the doctor that I was not sick, that I had no problems, that I am okay.
But they still put me under sedatives. I tried to resist this as much as I could.
But they hit me on my ear with the implement which was being used to sedate me and I fell down. I could not do anything.
I don't remember what happened after that.
When I woke up I was in a deaddiction and mental health centre in Palakkad.
I had no idea what language was being spoken, which district I was in, or even where I was, when I awoke.
I was the only young person at the place, others were hallucinating schizophrenics, old mothers with no one to look after them and other such people.
Here, for 3 weeks I was physically and mentally kept in a cell.
They only brought me out during meal times. It was centre run by Christians.
I spent every night there crying my heart out. Alone, with only strangers around me.
After the three weeks, they took me to a place called Karunasai in Trivandrum, which is a similar deaddiction and mental health centre.
I was given some 40 injections in this period, not to speak of the medicines.
I was mentally and physically broken.
Even after I was brought back home... I can't tolerate... My own family did this to me, that's what saddens me the most.
The ones who were supposed to protect me, tortured me so much.
Al these years, they haven't given me the love and respect rightful of a daughter, so I didn't get it now either I suppose.
After this, I left home with the help of some friends and came back to my hostel.

Now... I don't know what is left to say now (laughs).
When I was given the medicine and injections, this thing called 'Anjana Harish' disappeared.
The medication made me dizzy, it impaired my vision, and talking...
It is now that I am able to talk in the middle of the CoVid crisis
Now I feel better about facing people. But I can't face crowds. I have become afraid of the dark.
I can't sleep without the lights on. Talking was very difficult. My voice was like a robot's.
My friends know this first-hand, when they first saw me I was something like a robot.
Now the situation is like this: my mother is making threatening calls to my friends.
That they will get them killed, lodge complaints with the police. This is what they are doing.
Yesterday, my mother called me and talked to me in disgusting language.
She lodged a missing person case with the police yesterday and called me from the station itself.
They have summoned me there now. But I told them that my physical condition didn't allow for that.
I was then told to report at a local police station.
So today morning I am getting ready to visit the police station here.
I will have to appear before the district magistrate as well.
I am going there now. What will happen, I don't know.
I don't know if they'll lock me up. If I will be alive.
That's why I am making this live video."

Queer people being forcibly put on medication is not uncommon, says Ahana, a community organiser at Sahayatrika, a humans rights organisation working for LGBTQIA+ people in Kerala
KingOfAntipsychiatry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post