Our partner

How to Get off an Injection?

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

How to Get off an Injection?

Postby healingslowly » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:21 am

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what to do if you're on an injection of a drug rather than pills, and want to wean/get off? I have to go to the clinic every several weeks, for my injection. My doctor has stretched the time period out one week after my request to be on less medication, so technically I am on a bit less now. The injection was every 4 weeks, now it's every 5. The drug is Abilify. I need to get off this substance, but my doctor is not very approachable and I do sometimes think about just dropping the clinic and not going anymore even though I know that could be really bad. I know about withdrawal from a time I tried to cut myself off a worse drug (Resperidone) before. Ended up in the hospital with worse symptoms than my first psychosis, and it was at the point where I was literally catatonic and couldn't even physically function properly.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever been on an injection of an antipsychotic, and managed to get off...
healingslowly
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to Get off an Injection?

Postby MindAnn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:13 am

Why don't you change doctors? I mean, you should be able to communicate freely with your doctor. It's not like they're just going to inject or treat you medically then that's it. We got to have peace of mind.
MindAnn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post