Our partner

Game changer: Linden Cameron shot by police

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Game changer: Linden Cameron shot by police

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 pm

"He was experiencing a crisis because it was her first day back at work in almost a year and "he has bad separation anxiety", she said.

"I said, he's unarmed, he doesn't have anything, he just gets mad and he starts yelling and screaming," Ms Barton said. "He's a kid, he's trying to get attention, he doesn't know how to regulate."

"At a press conference, Sgt Horrocks said officers were called to a "violent psych issue" and reports that a boy - who they did not name - had made "threats to some folks with a weapon". He added that there was no indication when they attended that the boy was armed.

An officer shot the boy when he tried to flee on foot, Sgt Horrocks said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54041549

It was a white kid, no way this story can take the usual spin.

I just found out about this searching "CNN Linden Cameron" https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/us/salt- ... index.html

I don't even know how to do a proper comment, they shot a child this time.

-- Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm --

NAMI's "Turning over the furniture"

Yes, this is a REAL NAMI document.

OMG this is still online 2019

How to make 911 Respond to Mental Illness Calls : Mental ...mentalillnesspolicy.org › coping › make911respond
Jan 23, 2019 - It is often difficult to get 911 to respond to your calls if you need someone to ... Following is how you can make 911 & the police overcome their reluctance to help. ... While AMI/FAMI is not suggesting you do this, the fact is that some families have learned to 'turn over the furniture' before calling the police.

Now again I don't even know how to comment. Here is a quote from above link.

"the fact is that some families have learned to ‘turn over the furniture’ before calling the police. Many police require individuals with neurobiological disorders to be imminently dangerous before treating the person against their will. If the police see furniture disturbed they will usually conclude that the person is imminently dangerous. (Addendum: Many have objected to me reporting that some families have learned to do this. -ed)

Read more at: https://mentalillnesspolicy.org/coping/make911respond.html

I can't belive its still live on the website, I thought I was digging old dirt.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Game changer: Linden Cameron shot by police

Postby CammieMe » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:35 am

It's good that they have this because 911 is sure getting a lot of pranks and they must be tired of trying to identify which ones are real.

When calling 911, the best way to get quick action is to say, “Violent EDP.” Or “Suicidal EDP.” EDP stands for Emotionally Disturbed Person.
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am

Re: Game changer: Linden Cameron shot by police

Postby Copy_Cat » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 am

Was not a game changer at all.

It was a white kid so major news reported it like only once and no one protested.

"A 13-year-old boy with autism, Linden Cameron, was shot by police.

“That turned our attention in a bigger way, again, to what can we do better to train our officers to deal with unique situations,” Mendenhall said.

On Thursday, she and the Salt Lake City Police Department came together to announce that all first responders will now take certified sensory inclusive training. The training will be provided by KultureCity, a nonprofit organization that provides training to organizations around the country on how to handle interactions with those with invisible disabilities and sensory needs."

I wonder if that includes don't shoot children in the back with 9mm hand guns wile they are running away.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:41 am

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post