Our partner

Anti-psych book.

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Anti-psych book.

Postby Speed1987 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi all,

This is my first visit to this forum and since graduating from university with a degree in psychiatry, have often contemplated creating a book.

I wonder if any users, could provide me any guidance with the possibility of having such a book published?

I left Psychiatry 4 years ago and this was due to my conflicting beliefs around the system and how productive it was and terms of producing the best outcomes.

I've studied and critiqued Psychiatry deeply, I imagine my professional status would be revoked, although I do not care.

My book would be based on capitalism, psychiatry and offering a different perspective.

Firstly pulling apart mental health diagnoses and its credibility, psychotherapy, targeting the drug industry, the damages of such approaches. Offering an alternative ways to think, with comparisons. I.e. the serotonin and dopamine hypothesis.

It would be user friendly, the book would not be a hate book against Psychiatry, rather offering a perspective that theres a different way to a lifetime of drugs. It would aim to expose psychiatry also, as a profitable institution.

In other words essentially anti-psychiatry with a smoothed over wool approach, it would not be a self help book. I would rather plant certain ideas into the readers mind, for example CBT then comparing that to a lion in cage.

I feel by making some of these ideas more easily accessible, would be of be of benefit to others.

If a book wouldn't be possible, I could create a online course.
Speed1987
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anti-psych book.

Postby Riccola » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Write a book, and hold nothing back. The world needs more voices. Psychiatry is one of the most thorough forms of human torture, experimentation and gas lighting ever conceived. It must be challenged. Considering you have professional status this would give credence like no other in the eyes psychiatry's believers.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post