Our partner

Whats behind all the abuse in Psychiatry?

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Whats behind all the abuse in Psychiatry?

Postby Riccola » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 am

I came across an interesting, yet candid conversation. "Every psychology student knows punishment works"

https://imgur.com/a/EcyhgQR

One is left to wonder how many mental health professionals and psychiatrists put this thinking into practice. Viewing patients and inpatients as rats without verbal reasoning abilities that can only be corrected through inflicting pain or negative emotions. I mean in a lawsuit a Canadian psychiatrist openly admitted this- and that psychotropics were just to lower defense mechanisms.

With that said I will say this dogma may even be behind mass shootings. A large percentage of mass shooters were at some point in time in a behavioral health school and/or psychiatric treatment.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html

Who will ever say these mass shooters traumatized by broken homes and peer bullying misbehave in a cry for help or from mental illness only to be placed in environments where they are treated like animals breading festering rage and feelings of betrayal to the point of lashing out at the same society which literally hurt them in every possible? Few stop to think what role psychiatric or behavioral services play in these mass shootings. When all the evidence says they should take front and center stage.

Personally I don't believe any of the atrocities in psychiatry over the past 100 years were accidental. When one understands that psychology and psychiatry is built upon the notion people are animals, that treatment is specifically engineered with the intent to destroy or inflict pain, and psychotropics lower self control it becomes blatantly obvious why the world is the way it is.

What do others think?
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Whats behind all the abuse in Psychiatry?

Postby Polozker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Riccola wrote:
Personally I don't believe any of the atrocities in psychiatry over the past 100 years were accidental. When one understands that psychology and psychiatry is built upon the notion people are animals, that treatment is specifically engineered with the intent to destroy or inflict pain, and psychotropics lower self control it becomes blatantly obvious why the world is the way it is.

I would add that all the psychiatric atrocities were not accidental. Pain has always been the cornerstone of psychiatric treatment since the middle ages when psychiatry came into being as a social institution. Basically, psychiatry has just a few other instruments of treatment. Understanding this we can realise the essence of so-called psychiatric drugs. They are nothing more than sophisticated chemical instruments of torture which were invented with the purpose to inflict pain and develop in patients desired attitudes via causing obvious, agonising, and severe punishments.
Moreover, since psychiatrists consider their patients as sub-humans in one way or another, they cannot rely on verbal conviction. They need something more fundamental, something universal for all relatively developed living creatures. This ubiquitous tool of persuasion is definitely pain.
Polozker
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post