Our partner

Came real close to a 5150 or 'Baker Act'

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Came real close to a 5150 or 'Baker Act'

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:56 am

Got caught in the cycle of drinking. My appetite for food was completely gone and the only way to hold off the next round of anxiety attacks from hell was more alcohol. Came on pretty quick.

Choices, the ER or some drug and alcohol treatment place surrounded by 20-30 different personalities, shared rooms wake up at 6 AM meetings and groups and same the stuff I have heard 1000 times IF I could even get into one. For some its fun and in the beginning I guess it can be but not after multiple treatments.

I chose the ER. Checked out and sent home several hours later two days in a row. The second time they were quite rude to me. It was messed up I explained I am newly Type one diabetes (about a year) and I did not know what to do. My best guess was if you can't eat don't take your insulin. Seemed to work. No food so no insulin 4 or 5 days stayed basically "in range". I told them I don't know what to do. I used to be able to just "walk it off"

After the second time of getting little help in the ER I had a few more drinks and waited for the day shift to go home and went back. I was sober but sick when I went back and painfully "anxiety vomited" into those bags they give you.

I got lucky and admitted to a regular medical floor and treated for 2 and half days. I was really expecting the possibility psych transfer someplace if I went back but had no choice really.

8 years since I got myself into the same mess but without diabetes. In 2011 it did not work out like above as I got sent to the UHS psych place that cause me to join the human rights psychiatry movement in the first place.

That's just what happened still trying to recover the rest of the way all I can say is it is scary getting sick these days. I got it anyway but that ER and hospital was not about doing alcohol detox. Honestly it was like they sent me home to just die twice. The second time especially Scary.

I guess all I can add is if you get into that mess I am sure their attitude is we do it to ourselves but no matter what don't get aggressive with them in anyway if they won't help or are really rude. Be persistent but calm .

Again I got lucky avoiding psych but it was still horrific. Sucks, I am no angel, I would drink every so often but this time those damn drinks got away from me. Into that hole of hell.

This one was scary.

I HAVE to stay healthy . Its over I can't start that going down to the bar at 11 and getting toasted cause I am bored at home . It can open the gates of hell before I notice I am sucked in.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Came real close to a 5150 or 'Baker Act'

Postby Riccola » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Sorry you are having a hard time. My respect buddy. Be happy that it did not turn into an abusive hospital stay. My advice other then not drinking is moving some place with tougher involuntary commitment laws. I know you mentioned internet addition, but honestly fighting for human rights has been the ultimate drug keeping me sane. It is immensely therapeutic, and I will never stop shinning the light on terrorist organizations preying on the vulnerable.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:18 pm

I am doing better. What a nightmare, anxiety attack 'psychotic' I am going to die hell and the only way to make it go away was another half pint of vodka or actual medical help but I already wrote above about that.

Riccola wrote:Sorry you are having a hard time. My respect buddy. Be happy that it did not turn into an abusive hospital stay. My advice other then not drinking is moving some place with tougher involuntary commitment laws. I know you mentioned internet addition, but honestly fighting for human rights has been the ultimate drug keeping me sane. It is immensely therapeutic, and I will never stop shinning the light on terrorist organizations preying on the vulnerable.

"fighting for human rights has been the ultimate drug keeping me sane"

Its purpose, something alot, quite alot of people don't have.

Check this out, its political but on topic

"In the year 1930, John Maynard Keynes predicted that, by century's end, technology would have advanced sufficiently that countries like Great Britain or the United States would have achieved a 15-hour work week. There's every reason to believe he was right. In technological terms, we are quite capable of this. And yet it didn't happen. Instead, technology has been marshaled, if anything, to figure out ways to make us all work more. In order to achieve this, jobs have had to be created that are, effectively, pointless. Huge swathes of people, in Europe and North America in particular, spend their entire working lives performing tasks they secretly believe do not really need to be performed. The moral and spiritual damage that comes from this situation is profound. It is a scar across our collective soul. Yet virtually no one talks about it."

Here is the rest of it, https://strikemag.org/#######4/ The guy has a good point but that one paragraph is what I wanted to add here.

Same thing though, this human rights fight really helped me stay sane especially the first few years, gave me reason and a purpose besides the pursuit of unfulfilling selfish things.

That article mentions what they call the BS jobs, a lot of those people are very unhappy even if they are driving a luxury car to and from that "BS" job every day back to a nice Mc Mansion ect.

I have not been back to AA but that program has the same idea, give purpose , help the next alcoholic as opposed to the mental health industry "Go home and take these pills" and some out patient I guess. AA itself actually is a good program, any problems they have is with many of the members. I could do a long critique of the damage those clowns do to people.

My friend is in a state hospital, I talk to her several times a day. I can tell by her mood but even more so by the background noise that our efforts on human rights are paying off. No jail like yelling, and with at least 100 calls I never heard an announcement over a PA system. My guess is they don't use one cause after 100 calls mathematically I should have.

She can call me any time and its long distance. I had her call Mindfreedom and someone from MF called her social worker. I don't know what was said or done but even if very little that hospital knows maybe they need to be a little more careful on how they treat her. Hope so.

So lets keep it up. There is really just a small number of us doing human rights mental health but we are making a difference. I have slowed down, my specialty was putting links in Google search results to human rights mental health stuff but things have changed they have pretty much made it impossible to hit keywords anyone is going to search but I will never quit doing this until what you accurately described as that terrorist organization is shut down and human rights are respected.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:I am doing better. What a nightmare, anxiety attack 'psychotic' I am going to die hell and the only way to make it go away was another half pint of vodka or actual medical help but I already wrote above about that.

Glad to hear you are doing better :)

Its purpose, something alot, quite alot of people don't have.

I'd agree, people don't care unless it effects them. Then wonder why no one else cares.

Check this out, its political but on topic

"In the year 1930, John Maynard Keynes predicted that, by century's end, technology would have advanced sufficiently that countries like Great Britain or the United States would have achieved a 15-hour work week. There's every reason to believe he was right. In technological terms, we are quite capable of this. And yet it didn't happen. Instead, technology has been marshaled, if anything, to figure out ways to make us all work more. In order to achieve this, jobs have had to be created that are, effectively, pointless. Huge swathes of people, in Europe and North America in particular, spend their entire working lives performing tasks they secretly believe do not really need to be performed. The moral and spiritual damage that comes from this situation is profound. It is a scar across our collective soul. Yet virtually no one talks about it."

Here is the rest of it, https://strikemag.org/#######4/ The guy has a good point but that one paragraph is what I wanted to add here.

People are just assets and become sick from this system, sick from society. Thats where one of psychiatry's functions comes in, labeling any sane reaction as insane sabotaging minds and image granting comfort to the rest that just perhaps the suspicion of living a lie is may just be a thought going down to the wrong road.

As someone here once said, "It is not sign of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Same thing though, this human rights fight really helped me stay sane especially the first few years, gave me reason and a purpose besides the pursuit of unfulfilling selfish things.

A life lived for others is a life worth living.

When you or I thank God for not being burned at the stake for saying the earth is round, we are not so much thanking God but those who sacrificed sacred life for the progress of human rights. They through themselves into the fire allowing humanity to progress thereafter.

That article mentions what they call the BS jobs, a lot of those people are very unhappy even if they are driving a luxury car to and from that "BS" job every day back to a nice Mc Mansion ect.

Few people truly ever land a dream job. The early experts in child development and education saw children as uncouth stimulus response animals needing to be torn down and then built up based in the ideals of authority. Like the psychic driving of Ewen Cameron...

I have not been back to AA but that program has the same idea, give purpose , help the next alcoholic as opposed to the mental health industry "Go home and take these pills" and some out patient I guess. AA itself actually is a good program, any problems they have is with many of the members. I could do a long critique of the damage those clowns do to people.

My friend is in a state hospital, I talk to her several times a day. I can tell by her mood but even more so by the background noise that our efforts on human rights are paying off. No jail like yelling, and with at least 100 calls I never heard an announcement over a PA system. My guess is they don't use one cause after 100 calls mathematically I should have.

Its paying off. Yes in some cases the perps only get more covert, but in most others human rights is becoming the norm. Knowledge is spreading, and what was once esoteric is now tangible.

She can call me any time and its long distance. I had her call Mindfreedom and someone from MF called her social worker. I don't know what was said or done but even if very little that hospital knows maybe they need to be a little more careful on how they treat her. Hope so.

So lets keep it up. There is really just a small number of us doing human rights mental health but we are making a difference. I have slowed down, my specialty was putting links in Google search results to human rights mental health stuff but things have changed they have pretty much made it impossible to hit keywords anyone is going to search but I will never quit doing this until what you accurately described as that terrorist organization is shut down and human rights are respected.

Much of what I know about psychiatric rights I know through you. In fact when I first saw your posts on here I knew this was one place where I could share the truth about psychiatry without being censored or banned. So I have much to say thanks.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Riccola wrote:Much of what I know about psychiatric rights I know through you. In fact when I first saw your posts on here I knew this was one place where I could share the truth about psychiatry without being censored or banned. So I have much to say thanks.

Well thanks ! Sometimes I questioned the amount of time I spent speading the word, am I wasting my time ? I would estimate views of different posts and comments online question am I really making any difference.

I know I have had millions of views and I think I did make a difference because a person only needs to read a good critique of psychiatry once to know what a crock it is or to at least begin questioning and of course then they knew opposition existed.

You already know this but for other readers this silly name "Copy_Cat" I came up with because especially in the beginning mostly what I was doing was copy pasting anti psychiatry and re posting it to get more views. Being a copy cat. A whole 35 seconds looking at the line enter desired screen name and that's what popped into my mind.

So this was posted 8 days ago so the hospital was 10 days ago I guess.

I was in awful shape, sick and even "psychotic" and wile still feeling a little weak, appetite not quite back to the same level it proves that whole lock up and abuse thing is completely unnecessary.

Things could have been different, what if I had that same situation as 2011, getting sent to some abusive psych sh^t hole ? I would still be there wile they lie on my chart with accusations of suicidalality wile collecting thousands of dollars from my insurance company. Trying to force heavy pills , injection threats ect. I hope inpatient psych has gotten more humane in the last 8 years but still, this was only 10 days ago. I could easily still be stuck there right now wile they lie and collect that insurance money. I know that practice has not changed.

That is scary. I got lucky. The ER gave me a little bit of a hard time but what ever, the psychiatry nightmare did not happen thank God !!
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Well thanks ! Sometimes I questioned the amount of time I spent speading the word, am I wasting my time ? I would estimate views of different posts and comments online question am I really making any difference.

You have wasted not a second of time. You have been so immensely therapeutic I can't thank you enough. You've done a better job exposing psychiatry by 10,000 fold then I ever could have. All I have been able to provide are anecdotal accounts of abuse while you have provided links, videos, studies, lawsuits, case law, news articles, rulings, medical literature, expert theory, and the like. And had it not been for you I still never would have heard about "psych shield".

I know I have had millions of views and I think I did make a difference because a person only needs to read a good critique of psychiatry once to know what a crock it is or to at least begin questioning and of course then they knew opposition existed.

Imagine med students reading it. I have no doubt they do. Even if they see you as just as just some nutty ex mental health patient (you don't give that vibe, but hey future mental health worker :lol: :lol: ) the seeds have been planted which may one day germinate.

You already know this but for other readers this silly name "Copy_Cat" I came up with because especially in the beginning mostly what I was doing was copy pasting anti psychiatry and re posting it to get more views. Being a copy cat. A whole 35 seconds looking at the line enter desired screen name and that's what popped into my mind.

I miss your avi lol.

So this was posted 8 days ago so the hospital was 10 days ago I guess.

I was in awful shape, sick and even "psychotic" and wile still feeling a little weak, appetite not quite back to the same level it proves that whole lock up and abuse thing is completely unnecessary.

Most involuntary commitments were just to fill empty beds with insured and paying patients. Still that way sometimes today.

Things could have been different, what if I had that same situation as 2011, getting sent to some abusive psych sh^t hole ? I would still be there wile they lie on my chart with accusations of suicidalality wile collecting thousands of dollars from my insurance company. Trying to force heavy pills , injection threats ect. I hope inpatient psych has gotten more humane in the last 8 years but still, this was only 10 days ago. I could easily still be stuck there right now wile they lie and collect that insurance money. I know that practice has not changed.

I'm just grateful that didn't happen this time around.

That is scary. I got lucky. The ER gave me a little bit of a hard time but what ever, the psychiatry nightmare did not happen thank God !!

Perhaps your efforts have paid off in that regard. Who knows.
forum-rules.php

Riccola

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post