Our partner

Anti psychiatry online activism tactics

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Anti psychiatry online activism tactics

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:09 am

1. My favorite was making topics to make anti psychiatry show up in search results for typical searches of mental health terms. Its much more difficult now then a few years ago. Big tech censorship by 'algorithm' that sh^t is real.

2. Straight up spamming works. First gather up lots of URL links to anti psych information then just bounce around the internet posting them anyplace that would get views like You Tube and news story comments ect. The trick with that especially on YouTube comments is not to keep posting the same URL and get shadow banned for repetitive posting.

3. Anyone do twitter ? I never messed with that but I can imagine it could be effective.

4. Starting debates about the scientific validity of psychiatry on other message boards and getting lots of views.

This is an information war, its all about spreading it. The industry has billions for spreading the usual propaganda with advertising and MSM but we have the truth on our side. A person only needs to read a good web-page or watch a video on what a scam psychiatry is once and is forever immune to their BS. We are beating them.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 5:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anti psychiatry online activism tactics

Postby Riccola » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:36 pm

# 4 is most effective IMO. Truth is difficult to disprove. Yes it takes orders of magnitude more energy to refute lies, but in the end its starts to show out in the open for all to see.

#1 Yes, that angers me the most. Thanks to controlled opposition, anti-psych is now viewed in a similar light to conspiracy theories & political hyperbole. Algorithms now silencing all none mainstream information.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Riccola wrote:#1 Yes, that angers me the most. Thanks to controlled opposition, anti-psych is now viewed in a similar light to conspiracy theories & political hyperbole. Algorithms now silencing all none mainstream information.

The previous Infowars Comment section taught me how that automated artificial intelligence censorship works.

If you were typing a comment such as 'these government control freaks won't stop with this stupid $#%^ until everyone is a complaint dumbed down tax slave' the comment section would alert you that it was a "toxic" comment. It sees the text freak, stupid, $#%^, dumb and does its calculation and determines its a protest post.

Of course its likely even more complex and recognizes combinations of words. The words police and state are fine on their own but put them together into police state again a protest post.

They hate memes. Wile computers can read them it uses alot more processing resources.

I don't see any possibility of real push back on censorship until Trump is out of office because he gives the right wing constitutional and liberty types hope and they don't act out.

The 2020 run up to the elections is going to be interesting, *maybe* the online censorship will anger enough people we will see some action on it.

Meanwhile on MIA I am still protesting the forum shut down. They pushed back a little and made a move but I am not done yet. This like poker and 3d chess. I have counter moves I am saving.

There is like an invisible war going on there between the story comment posters and the editors. The regulars are waking up and my guess are partially still in denial like I was that that site sold out. MIA is still critical of some psychiatric practice but now promotes the 'good parts' and jumped on the bandwagon of 'stigma' fighting.

That took a wile to type, copy it before attempting to post !
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:12 am

Its all censorship- because truth and hate have been amalgamated into one.

Regarding politics, remember to keep it toned down and as it pertains to AP. Recent rule change regarding political discussions. As is there are plenty on the web and to be frank after a while they start to look ugly.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola

Postby Parador » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks. Good ideas. I do the best I can locally on my NPR station. But when they have guests on they never have an anti-psychiatry guest. It's always some shrink who is heavily invested in pro-psychiatry.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Riccola wrote:Its all censorship- because truth and hate have been amalgamated into one.

Regarding politics, remember to keep it toned down and as it pertains to AP. Recent rule change regarding political discussions. As is there are plenty on the web and to be frank after a while they start to look ugly.

I get it. For example I don't have to take any position for or against boarder walls or immigration but I don't have to like this.

"(Reuters) - Immigrant children are being routinely and forcibly given a range of psychotropic drugs at U.S. government-funded youth shelters to manage their trauma after being detained and in some cases separated from parents, according to a lawsuit. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-medication/u-s-centers-force-migrant-children-to-take-drugs-lawsuit-idUSKBN1JH076 "

In fact I can add that an important online activism tactic is not to fall for divide and conquer politics. The mental health industry is expert at playing both sides we have to do the same.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:
Riccola wrote:Its all censorship- because truth and hate have been amalgamated into one.

I get it. For example I don't have to take any position for or against boarder walls or immigration but I don't have to like this.

"(Reuters) - Immigrant children are being routinely and forcibly given a range of psychotropic drugs at U.S. government-funded youth shelters to manage their trauma after being detained and in some cases separated from parents, according to a lawsuit. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-medication/u-s-centers-force-migrant-children-to-take-drugs-lawsuit-idUSKBN1JH076 "

In fact I can add that an important online activism tactic is not to fall for divide and conquer politics. The mental health industry is expert at playing both sides we have to do the same.

That is very much anti-psych, because here you have children being chemically controlled. Lied to that they are taking "vitamins"
forum-rules.php

Riccola

Postby Jibbek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

I have really crazy idea - searching for emails of psychiatrists and spamming them with something like this: https://www.madinamerica.com/wp-content ... e-copy.pdf
Just to show them what genocide they are responsible for, maybe their confidence will drop, maybe also their conscience will not be absolutely clean. There are some psychiatrists who dont like current situation like us, this might encourage them eventually leading into internal conflict.
Jibbek
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Postby epthe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 pm

There's a very popular website called forum.schizophrenia.com that gets tons of views, but about 98% of the people on there are militant pro-druggers so you have to be very careful about how you word things and what you say. I have had threads deleted, locked, and posts hidden. You have to be careful not to give advice about getting off meds. But if you talk about your own experience they will sometimes let that slide. And you will get some angry comments thrown your way from some of the regulars, and the moderators tolerate them, but if you start to fight back, the moderators won't tolerate you.

It's weird because so many of them complain about what are obviously the side effects of the meds but they never make any real attempt to wean themselves off of them. And anytime someone comes along to offer an alternative view about meds, they jump on them. Even the people who are being hurt by the meds.

It would be good if there were a significant number of psychiatric survivors on there who very carefully and very gently let people know there was a way to get off the drugs and to find ways to cope with life without the meds.

-- Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:30 am --

Jibbek wrote:I have really crazy idea - searching for emails of psychiatrists and spamming them with something like this: https://www.madinamerica.com/wp-content ... e-copy.pdf
Just to show them what genocide they are responsible for, maybe their confidence will drop, maybe also their conscience will not be absolutely clean. There are some psychiatrists who dont like current situation like us, this might encourage them eventually leading into internal conflict.

I like this idea. I have "anonymously" sent youtube videos of akathisia and tardive dyskinesia videos to my former psych clinic staff. I should expand this to other psychiatric professionals and staff.

They act like they know nothing about the side effects of these horrible meds. I want to make sure they know about them.
epthe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 10:10 am

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Jibbek wrote:I have really crazy idea - searching for emails of psychiatrists and spamming them with something like this: https://www.madinamerica.com/wp-content ... e-copy.pdf

Awesome !

Their is only a relatively small number of us doing any activism but we certainly are effecting things.

Like 300 Spartans against massive army.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views