Our partner

Psychiatry regularly treats people like criminals + animals

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Psychiatry regularly treats people like criminals + animals

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Photos show condition of Horry County Sheriff’s van after two mental health patients drowned
http://www.wmbfnews.com/2018/11/14/phot ... s-drowned/

Looks like a cage out of NAZI Germany. Take a look before you think I used the word NAZI lightly.

Neither of these two people had anything to do with the criminal justice system.

One of the patients, Nicolette Green, 43, had schizophrenia and had been committed on the recommendation of her counselor. The other, Wendy Newton, 45, had asked to be taken to a hospital because she thought she was about to have a “spell.” Both women sought out treatment, hoping to feel better, their families said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/us/h ... arged.html

-- Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 pm --

I should be allowed to post this in the living with mental illness forum. This is an issue that effects everyone. This is wrong them treating us like this even if they don't drown you.

-- Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:45 pm --

“Why would they chain her and another lady to the back of a truck?” Ms. Newton’s daughter, Allison, asked afterward.

The authorities all colluded to leave that part out but at least the NY times reported it, most news outlets didn't.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psychiatry regularly treats people like criminals + animals

Postby Riccola » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 am

This is why the mentally ill attempt or commit suicide. This is why everyone refuses mental health treatment. Because everyone outside the general public knows its concentration camp style dehumanization and torture. We never eradicated fascism, its alive in well today. Thats I'll am willing to say, my blood pressure can't take it.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 pm

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:14 am

Riccola wrote:This is why the mentally ill attempt or commit suicide. This is why everyone refuses mental health treatment. Because everyone outside the general public knows its concentration camp style dehumanization and torture. We never eradicated fascism, its alive in well today. Thats I'll am willing to say, my blood pressure can't take it.

I might want to take this story and go 'trolling' in other forums to get the word out about what really happens when you go for so called help.

Maybe its dishonest but not really. I really am scared to go to a hospital and complain about anything mental health, I don't want to go in their psycho NAZI cage van if I was admitted and transferred someplace. Since I don't take their poison anymore I don't get those anxiety attacks from hell that lead me to the hospital both from that crap and coming off it. I won't be in any hospital but I can still title a thread "scared to go to hospital" or something like that then post this story as why without being banned as an activist.

Anyway "Thompson said his office was responding to court orders to transport the women from a hospital and a mental-health center. The sheriff’s office transports 1,200 patients per year, traveling up to 40,000 miles each month, he said."

1,200 people a year shoved like animals into the NAZI cage van.

What mental health center ? I want to know so I can post how people get to this mental health center on review sites like Yelp. I am going to F with them.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:
I might want to take this story and go 'trolling' in other forums to get the word out about what really happens when you go for so called help.

Maybe its dishonest but not really. I really am scared to go to a hospital and complain about anything mental health, I don't want to go in their psycho NAZI cage van if I was admitted and transferred someplace. Since I don't take their poison anymore I don't get those anxiety attacks from hell that lead me to the hospital both from that crap and coming off it. I won't be in any hospital but I can still title a thread "scared to go to hospital" or something like that then post this story as why without being banned as an activist.

Make sure its not on other sections of psych forums. I mean it might work in living with mental illness with the proper title, but else where would not fit well. As for the rest of the internet, I say go for it. Its part of the reality of what mentally ill people have to endure everyday.

Anyway "Thompson said his office was responding to court orders to transport the women from a hospital and a mental-health center. The sheriff’s office transports 1,200 patients per year, traveling up to 40,000 miles each month, he said."

1,200 people a year shoved like animals into the NAZI cage van.

What mental health center ? I want to know so I can post how people get to this mental health center on review sites like Yelp. I am going to F with them.
[/quote]

My honest opinion is that any court orders involving mental health need to be made illegal. The legal justice system has no place in something like this.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola

Local time: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 pm

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:40 am

They should use an ambulance.

If the general public only knew what 'help' was.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post