Our partner

Coming Off my Meds

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Coming Off my Meds

Postby Pairou » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:12 am

Hey guys... I'm brand new to Anti-Psych (obviously). I'm on different meds for Bipolar and I've decided that if the latest cocktail doesn't work, I'm going to ask my pdoc to wean me off all my meds. I want a "baseline;" I need to know how I am off my meds for a while.

I'm just looking for some support.

Thanks!
Pairou
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Coming Off my Meds

Postby JoseMaria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

What is your cocktail and diagnostic?
JoseMaria
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Postby Pairou » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 pm

JoseMaria wrote:What is your cocktail and diagnostic?

Just started Cymbalta; Lamictal; Geodon. For my GAD and BD.
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Theymakeyouwait » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:29 am

The Geodon and cymbalta can give you withdrawal. Some people get really bad withdrawal others experience only minor symptoms. There are a few drugs you can take to help with withdrawal symptoms. If Cymbalta and Geodon are not making you happy you should go off them. Chances are they will fail. Antipsychotics and antidepressants have needed to treat numbers around 8. Meaning 8 people need to take the drug to get a beneficial response. Furthermore these drugs have serious side effects. I’m currently on an antipsychotic and I’m having horrible side effects but I get mine in a shot and I lack the courage to go off. I wish you luck.
Theymakeyouwait
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 7:10 am

Postby Pairou » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 am

Thank you, Theymakeyouwait. My body seems to be anti-meds... that is, something will work for a little while, then just stop working. The longest I've had the same medicine is a year and even that was the second time trying the same medicine before it worked.
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Malasha » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:14 am

*mod edit*

We are the children of Space. There's atmospheric pressure on Earth. All living beings on Earth are adapted to this atmospheric pressure. If it falls or rises too much, it will be very bad for someone who cannot quickly adjust their internal response to this change in pressure.

Particularly, you have some other component and your brain has the task to adapt, to build the reaction of the body so as to correct some external changes in the environment.

Note, the causes of schizophrenia have not yet been named by scientists!

Treatment of schizophrenia is an endless selection of new drugs and finding a good doctor. Meanwhile, both the United States and Germany have been conducting research for more than 20 years and the results were obtained that people who did not take antipsychotics, over time, felt much better and adapted to society much better than those who took.
Sorry for my English.
Last edited by lilyfairy on Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posts must be original. Please do not copy/paste the same text to multiple posts.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Postby RottenFish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Malasha wrote:The United States and Germany have been conducting research for more than 20 years and the results were obtained that people who did not take antipsychotics, over time, felt much better and adapted to society much better than those who took.

100% true. What's scary is that psychiatrists will not admit that they do not know how or why antipsychotics work. Most antipsychotics like Risperdal were initially used for seizures and epileptic patients. Then POOF! like a magic trick ... it suddenly became used for patients with schizophrenia.

The fact that most psych drugs are just sloppy leftover meds (that were once used for other illnesses) is appalling :!:
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles