Our partner

The Agonizing Nightmare of Drug-Induced Akathisia

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

The Agonizing Nightmare of Drug-Induced Akathisia

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 am

When I tell doctors I have drug-induced akathisia, and that it's incredibly painful, they do not believe me. They say my pain is a mental health issue, and they have all methodically undermined my credibility in my permanent record. https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/11/drug-induced-akathisia/

Has anyone ever heard a mental health "professional" even use the word Akathisia in groups or an office visit ? I never have.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The Agonizing Nightmare of Drug-Induced Akathisia

Postby Riccola » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:47 am

Same here, they do not believe me when I say my phobia of medicine comes from psychiatry. Just being around a medical building triggers panic and fear. Doctor then says I have anxiety disorder. That it hinders my ability to communicate. Just recently my newer primary care doctor brought up SSRIs for treating it. WTF? :lol: :lol: There isn't a doctor whose thoughts are his or her own.

Its like this with everything. Psychiatry iatrogenically creates encyclopedias of symptoms and damage, but doctors blame it on the supposed illness. I mean if if you weren't ill you wouldn't have gotten involved with psychiatry, right?
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:35 am

Re: The Agonizing Nightmare of Drug-Induced Akathisia

Postby epthe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:When I tell doctors I have drug-induced akathisia, and that it's incredibly painful, they do not believe me. They say my pain is a mental health issue, and they have all methodically undermined my credibility in my permanent record. https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/11/drug-induced-akathisia/

Has anyone ever heard a mental health "professional" even use the word Akathisia in groups or an office visit ? I never have.

Never, not once, did they mention akathisia to me when I obviously had it and was complaining to them about it. The only way I found out about it was when I was in the emergency room at a hospital and the nurse told me it seemed like akathisia and that it was probably caused by Geodon.

Then I started searching Wikipedia for it and YouTube for it.

It was one of the most horrific experiences of my life.
epthe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:35 am

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post