Our partner

Psychiatry Destroyed My Life

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Psychiatry Destroyed My Life

Postby Zant808 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 am

Apparently I signed up here years ago, but I'm not sure if I posted an introduction. If there's a place to put an introduction, it certainly is here.

Back when I was a teenager in the 1990s, I was feeling suicidal due to bullying. The world seems to want to all of a sudden come to the rescue of a person once they hear "the s word." I was flat out lied to by my primary care physician. I was given bloodwork and then I was told I had a chemical imbalance. I didn't realize back then that the bloodwork had zero objective validity and that psychiatry didn't have, never had and still doesn't have a valid objective test for any chemical imbalance, so-called mental illness or anything in the fictional DSM.

But I was desperate and I never expected my primary care doctor to screw me over and start me on a path of destruction. After all, when I was sick, the antibiotics he prescribed didn't harm me. Oh, that's because things like colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, cancer, HIV etc. are all real diseases with real treatments. Psychiatry is still the only branch of medicine that has never cured any of their patients.

I was given no choice as to whether I was to take 20 mg of Prozac. Well ok, the other option was to attend the 18 and under inpatient psych unit where I would have likely been forced to take some sort of dangerous SSRI like Prozac there too and deal with people who probably abused street drugs. I would be coming in with a perfect record. I had no behaviorial problems ever, no issues in school in the way of academics and I had never experienced any permanent damage done to my system in the form of concussions or illegal drug abuse. I was very anxious but when you're bullied and nobody helps you that's the cause, not some imaginary chemical imbalance.

So once I actually took the 20 mg of Prozac, my anxiety seemed to go away and I was more social. But what I didn't realize was that I was hypomanic and extremely dangerous to people now. I had used the strength from my hypomania to nearly obliterate a lot of my bullies by doing things like throwing them off of the bleachers in gym class.

I had also found out that I was experiencing severe sexual side effects. When I discussed this with my doctor, I was told to cold turkey the Prozac which caused severe withdrawal symptoms. I had gotten an uncurable condition called PSSD / Post SSRi Sexual Dysfunction. I was told that I was the only person in the world that ever had gotten this and I was sent to various ED experts who couldn't find any issues because Prozac causes permanent brain damage and doesn't damage the circulatory system.

I was told confidently that all I had to do was find "the right medication" that wouldn't cause sexual side effects and would lift my depression and social anxiety. Again, this was nothing but more lies from my doctor who I presume at the time didn't want a lawsuit on his hands. If you think about #MeToo now and how effective it is, how damaging would my reports of the complete chemical castration of a minor be to him and to Eli Lilly, the corrupt makers of Prozac and the ones who opened the Pandora's box of SSRIs upon the world?

Fast forward 20+ years to today and I've been given over 40 different brain-disabling psychiatric medications in almost every major category from valproates to antipsychotics and I have been labeled with so many types of BS DSM disorders from major depressive disorder to bipolar disorder NOS to schizophrenia etc. Right now even on a cocktail of Depakote Sprinkles, Klonopin and Anafranil, I'm still not able to sleep normally and I am on permanent disability as a result. Only a few dissident psychiatrists understand that I have been screwed over by the system but my brain is so severely damaged at this point that even using the 10% reduction method that Dr. Peter Breggin came up with, I'm stuck on these life-stealing psych meds.

I am going for one last shot at stem cell therapy which is extremely costly but then if that doesn't work, how am I supposed to survive if I'm unable to sleep. The number of inpatient hospitalizations I've had is in the double digits because of psychatrists telling me that it was ok to cold turkey various polypharmacy disasters such as Depakote and Zyprexa.

For anyone reading this, don't buy into anything psychiatry says or has to offer. Psychiatric drugs may be able to create some very temporary relief but in the end we are all human and every single one of us gets permanent brain damage from the medications that they carelessly prescribe. Hey psychiatry, where is that test for a chemical imbalance past the blood brain barrier? Funding needs to go to that because you've destroyed millions of brains and that's the only way you're going to be able to repair things successfully and invent better medications.

Oh, and as for the FDA's MedWatch program, why hasn't Prozac been banned yet? It has had the highest number of severe adverse events reported since 1994. Merck's drug Vioxx had far less complaints, yet the drug was banned and Merck was sued.
Zant808
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psychiatry Destroyed My Life

Postby Riccola » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Welcome to he forum! Beautifully written post. :)

Everything you say is true and I fully agree. These drugs can be truly dangerous. They certainly wreck lives. There is no test saying you need them or whether they will work or not. Consider yourself lucky in that I've known people who have become violent or self injurious taking these medications- which could have played out worse as hard as that may be to imagine compared to the injustice which was done to you. At this point we are in dire need of a #metoo movement involving SSRIs and psychiatry in general, something that will publicly legitimize one of the greatest frauds in the history of man kind.

You also mention something which IMO is more profound then the then the SSRIs themselves: feeling suicidal due to bullying. Right there we have an etiology, a cause. A cause besides a chemical imbalance. Something psychiatry not only refuses to acknowledge, but goes to great lengths to delegitimize and cover up. This in of itself if profoundly evil in my view- deliberately knowing the cause, hiding it, and then selling a product with the intent to never address the root cause. On the contrary, the goal is to chemically design these drugs such to produce dependence creating a customer for life while silently exterminating the victim. If people only knew, pharmaceutical companies would cease to exist overnight.

Let me be the one to at least say I'm sorry you had to be put through this unjust travesty. Be happy that you can see the truth. There are many out there who sadly do not...
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby nothingscathartic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Preaching to the choir here. I didn't have such catastrophic repercussions from visiting a psychiatrist, but I do regret the experience too. I hope you can find a way to feel better and regain some of your function.

The conventional wisdom is--feeling crazy? Feeling like you can't help yourself? Take the weight off, put your psyche in the hands of trained, educated professionals. It's not perfect, but you need someone to take care of you right now. And that makes sense, it seems delusional to think that you who has no outside perspective, let alone training and education could help yourself. If you were capable of getting out of the hole, you would have done so already. And you go to the these people for help and voila. Add a bunch of new problems to your plate.
nothingscathartic
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:35 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby RottenFish » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:20 pm

My friends are slowly destroying their bodies with all these "legal" drugs their psychiatrists are shoving down their throats.

My friend just had a heart attack for the first time in her life. I know it was the meds that caused her heart attack, because she is currently on 7 meds.

For the past 2 years, I've seen my friends go from 0 medications to 7. So far, this is what I have observed:
- She's gained 82 pounds.
- She is "always" in pain.
- She no longer leaves the house.
- She's convinced the next medication will save her.
- She is now very suicidal. She's been hospitalized 9 times in the last 2 years.

I've met hundreds of people on psych meds, and all I see are people becoming zombies.
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles