Our partner

labels oppress.

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

labels oppress.

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Throughout our histories labels do nothing more than oppress and segregate us from our freedom of creativity!

If I bleed when cut, if I cry when sad, if invoke empathetic pain through a shared experience- then how am I labelled mentally undesirable and pumped with chemicals to make me understandable, tolerable to cohabitate within a small environment?

The mentally obscure are being persecuted for what?
Is it because of our ideologies are too futuristic, unrealistic, unchallenged or is it a threat to our survival? Because the human mind operates far beyond our comprehension- we treat phenomenon’s as a threat to comfort our rationality, if it can’t be rationalized then it must be studied under controlled circumstances: sedated if need be.

Does chaos live in the host or the environment we cohabit?
We are born with genitalia to reproduce- so genocide, abortion, homosexuality, suicide: go against the natural order of life, therefore what goes against the natural order must constitute as mental illness?
If we murder for profit, material or position; then why isn’t this apparent rationality given to the suffering?
Either put a bullet between a lunatic’s eyes or change the world we believe in- because I believe that chaos does not live in the mind, that it comes from the conjugation of sensitivity and malice, and labels do no more than subjugate and segregate us from our identical being.
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:16 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: labels oppress.

Postby BadShrimp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:22 am

Wow. A very philosophical view of labels.

The saddest part of it all is how mentally ill people label themselves.
BadShrimp
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:33 pm

But not limited to!
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Shanzie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 am

Labels describe, humans oppress.
Shanzie
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Riccola » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Yup. And in my experience some labels don't even match whats actually happening.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am

Postby 1201236 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am

Many men seek these labels or distinctions for themselves, do they not? It is true that if a man breaks a law or rule, he should underbear justices therefor; and if he seems skilless to men, then they may deem him sick. Nevertheless we speak here of things cloudy. Tell me of the men thereof you speak. It is true that in a land there where men of the law purpose themselves, or by the folk are therein set heart, that they will be chosen for their look, sound, and other things than their minds, which the folk heed not of, but hereof it seems that we even this with governance that may not be, thus it is somewhat idle. It is true, peradventure, that if a man breaks a law, then the little men that have sought might, and had it not by their minds, but by their looks, will tread him down, for they neither like unlike men nor rue on them. So this is yet wretched. I think most men so sore are, for certain, wretched; but may also be unwise, or their parents; or young. As in fights, he that is feebler shall be brought low. And on right it may be so that men are sore, for on their kin, or the unguilty, they may harm work. Thus I ask for cases of these men. Which men that unjustly pine are they?
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:16 am

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 pm

For prudence sake: "it is worse to be pitied than scorned!"

For the sake of pride: "It only takes a good person to do nothing for evil to triumph."

"If you could peek into a seed of FATE: only then speak to me in a tone of veracity."

For the grace of God there go I.
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post