Our partner

UHS is going down, those psychiatric hellholes are in deep s

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Re: UHS is going down, those psychiatric hellholes are in deep s

Postby Riccola » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 am

Great link- thank you for posting. This is exactly the (main) reason I am anti-psych and appose involuntary commitment. Because of places like these which terrorize the most vulnerable with complete impunity.

I am amazed at how well documented the conditions are for that particular facility. Understaffed; drugging as punishment; beating patients; verbal abuse; emotional abuse; bullying; instigation and provocation by staff; falsifying reports; covering up mistakes; accusing patients of lying or exaggerating; poor over all conditions; the belief that mental illness is a lack of childhood discipline... check, check and check for a typical psychiatric hell hole.

If cameras caught just on 1/1000 of what goes on in places like that revolution would be inevitable.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Riccola wrote:If cameras caught just on 1/1000 of what goes on in places like that revolution would be inevitable.

"42 USC § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia."

Section 1983 Litigation (PDF size-375k), Karen M. Blum, Suffolk University Law School, Kathyn R. Urbonya, The College of William and Mary School of Law
In O'Conner v. Donaldson, 422 U.S. 563, 95 S.Ct. 2486, (1975), the United States Supreme Court held hospital employees were liable for involuntarily committing someone who was not a danger to self or others
In Noble v. Schmitt, 87 F.3d 157 (6th Cir. 1996), the Sixth Circuit held that employees of the state hospital were not immune from a § 1983 claim if they force medicated someone for improper reasons.

http://psychrights.org/research/Legal/1983/1983.htm

87 F.3d 157 (1996)
Sherman L.G. NOBLE, Plaintiff-Appellee,
v.
Janice SCHMITT and Connie Stevens, Defendants-Appellants.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 6&as_vis=1

My version of the revolution would be constant lawsuits till these UHS bastards are bankrupt or in prison.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 5:06 am

Postby Riccola » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Good lawsuits initiate lasting change, thats for sure. :D
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola

Mayhill hospital a UHS hellhole assualts family of patient

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

"Minutes prior to entering the conference room, Madison signed a letter requesting release. But the video showed the Hough family’s efforts were not proving successful, with the hospital staffer saying the facility was seeking a 24-hour hold to get a doctor to evaluate her prior to any discharge."

“When she (the worker) stood up and grabbed Jason and started trying to shut the door pulling him into the room and holding onto him, and arms flailing everywhere and then hear her screaming,” Govinda said. “That’s when I knew my daughter is not safe here.”

"The family struggled, then fled through the door down the hallway, and into the hospital lobby. The staff had called a “Code 10” psychiatric emergency. Staff awaited them at the front door."

Video of the whole thing: Voluntarily checking into psychiatric hospital, easy. Checking out? Not so much http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/investigates/voluntarily-checking-into-psychiatric-hospital-easy-checking-out-not-so-much/489740526
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Mayhill hospital a UHS hellhole assualts family of patient

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Here are some Google reviews of Mayhill Hospital

"Mayhill Hospital is the last place to seek mental health treatment. They are a for profit hospital, that based on our experience in March 2017, is nothing more than a containment facility to bill insurance companies. Patient Care and Patient Rights are minimal to non-existent.
Our daughter was coerced into voluntarily checking in, yet was repeatedly denied her right as a patient to leave. After signing an AMA form after being held over 60 hours, the doctor on call placed an additional 24 hold on her, WITHOUT an evaluation. The doctor wasn't even in the building and had not assessed my daughter that day, or the even the day before. Sorry, but 5 questions 60 hours prior is NOT an assessment.
Our young daughter was placed on a floor with males and females. She woke up to a male patient standing in her room in the middle of the night. She notified the nurses, but nothing was done to ensure her safety. This happened 2 out of the 3 nights she was there. Even after being made aware of the nightly "visits" by the male patient, our daughter was not allowed to shut her door while showering or even when using the bathroom.
She was not given a hygiene kit until the middle of the final day she was there, so basic care of her person, such as brushing her teeth or washing with soap, was impossible.
She was not prescribed medications (she did not need them, nor was she ever on them prior to admittance) and she attended every group session. I know this because I would call to speak to her and was told she could not come to the phone because she was "in group", However, we were told the reason she was continuing to be held even though she was requesting to leave, was because she was refusing to speak with her doctor and was refusing to take her medications! This information was given to us directly by the Director of Nursing.
When our daughter finally demanded her right to leave the facility by signing the AMA form, she was told an additional 24 hold would be placed on her, and during that 24 hour hold, she would not be allowed use of the , telephone, Day Room, or even the cafeteria. She was told by the nurses she would be locked in her room for the entire 24 hours.
When we tried to speak to the Patient Advocate about the blatant violation of our daughter's patient rights, we were told an additional 24 hour hold had been placed on our daughter. When we said we were leaving to get an attorney, the Patient Advocate went so far as to try to physically restrain us and prevent us from leaving the facility. She even pursued us down the hallway and out into the lobby. She caused physical injury to me and my husband when she physically tried to restrain us.
Mayhill Hospital is the last place to seek treatment. Criminals in prisons have more rights than patients at Mayhill Hospital, even voluntary ones. Based on our experience, Mayhill Hospital's primary interest is financial gain. They achieve this by holding patients as long as they can keep billing insurance, all while providing minimal, if not negligent, care. They do more harm than they do good."

----

Never ever go to this place. It s on channel 8 news tonight. I felt lik e i was in.prison. i.could go on but i will leave it alone just glad to be out.

----

PLEASE NEVER GO HERE! This is not a treatment facility. They tell you to sit down and shut up. No one cares. They treat you worse than garbage. I needed help. I checked in voluntarily. I was denied my right to leave. When the doctor finally got there I asked to leave. I was not receiving help. She talked to me FOR TWO MINUTES and then kicked me out AND LOCKED THE DOOR IN MY FACE. I still have nightmares about this place almost two years later. PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE. THERE IS NO HELP.

----

Worst place in the world period.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Mayhill hospital a UHS hellhole assualts family of patient

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Still finding more.

"I spoke with her several times. After three days, I wanted out. They informed me that if I tried, I would be taken to court and the judge would mandate a longer stay (I was informed it would be between 15-30 days if I fought). I remained civil, though I did begin to tear up, and was informed that I was out of control. I was then forcibly injected with a sedative. "

Worst Hospitals In America: UBH / Mayhill
Tell your story! https://ubhdenton.wordpress.com/

https://ubhdenton.wordpress.com/category/stories-from-other-people/
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Merged new thread with this one to keep everything tidy. :wink:

Yahhh- once you get in- places like that make the biggest case possible not to let you out. $$$$ at the expense of people is the ultimate incentive.
forum-rules.php

Riccola

Mayhill psychiatric hospital

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Riccola wrote:Merged new thread with this one to keep everything tidy.

Tidy is cool but I wanted this to show up in search results so victims of "Mayhill hospital" 2809 S Mayhill Rd, Denton, TX 76208 or people searching "Mayhill hospital reviews" will our find anti psych forum so they could speak out about Mayhill hospital or add some Mayhill hospital reviews here on this website. We could use some more posters.

I wonder if anyone ever searches "Mayhill Hospital Phone Number" (940) 239-3000 looking for the phone number of Mayhill hospital ?

----

"I cannot begin to list all the criminal acts this hospital gets away with. My daughter was held against her will in March. Her patient and civil rights were violated. Her medical file has been altered…" more » https://reviews.birdeye.com/mayhill-hospital-491698976

Mayhill hellhole posing as a "hospital" the place should be shut down and its operators put in prison. How do they get away with it ???
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Mayhill psychiatric hospital

Postby Riccola » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Copy_Cat wrote:
Tidy is cool but I wanted this to show up in search results so victims of "Mayhill hospital" 2809 S Mayhill Rd, Denton, TX 76208 or people searching "Mayhill hospital reviews" will our find anti psych forum so they could speak out about Mayhill hospital or add some Mayhill hospital reviews here on this website. We could use some more posters.

I wonder if anyone ever searches "Mayhill Hospital Phone Number" (940) 239-3000 looking for the phone number of Mayhill hospital ?

----

Mayhill hellhole posing as a "hospital" the place should be shut down and its operators put in prison.

Yup. There are people who just deserve to be in prison.

How do they get away with it ???

Simple, the patient is not believed. Its just the illness talking after all. Otherwise said patient would not be there in the first place, right?
forum-rules.php

Riccola

Postby Copy_Cat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Last post was in 2017 so an update

Business
Universal Health Services sets reserve for fraud settlement
by Harold Brubaker, Posted: March 1, 2018

http://www2.philly.com/philly/business/universal-health-services-sets-reserve-for-fraud-settlement-20180301.html
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post