Our partner

UHS is going down, those psychiatric hellholes are in deep s

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Re: UHS is going down, those psychiatric hellholes are in deep s

Postby Copy_Cat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:47 am

Riccola wrote: I know first hand of businesses that will actually get employees and others to write 5 star or good reviews

I had a good long post explaining how to beat that but by the time I pressed submit it I got that sign in everything you wrote is gone bummer. Mental energy robbery,

Let me just say it short now, the trick is not to get caught up in stars, the spam filter is programmed to recognize 1 star bad review attacks but it is the story that really matters. Artificial intelligence, spam filters are a joke easily beaten by writing something like this place gets 4 stars for being an abusive nightmare posing as help. People read the reviews stars don't mean $#%^. Don't play the star game, give 3 or 4 star rating middle of the road outsmart the filter and describe your experience. Its the story that matters.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 4:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Copy_Cat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:16 am

Riccola wrote:businesses that will actually get employees and others to write 5 star or good reviews

I know, and they are usually so generic and phony that they can't compete with a genuine honest horror story that is typical of a UHS nightmare.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MikhaelDub » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Found some really useful info for myself. Thanks everyone!
MikhaelDub
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 am

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:48 pm

MikhaelDub wrote:Found some really useful info for myself. Thanks everyone!

No problem.

What have the criminals at UHS been up too ?

Universal Health Services stock drops 5% after report of FBI, Defense Department investigation
By Emma Court Published: May 24, 2017 8:28 a.m. ET
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/universal-health-services-stock-drops-5-after-report-of-fbi-defense-department-investigation-2017-05-24-8912848

Feds probing psychiatric hospitals for locking in patients to boost profits
At least three federal agencies are looking into Universal Health Services.

Beth Mole - 5/24/2017, 8:04 AM https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/05/top-us-psychiatric-hospital-chain-investigated-for-keeping-patients-too-long/
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Riccola » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 am

Hadn't seen this one, thanks :) Some of the comments though :shock:

As someone who's mother worked as a healthcare professional in these hospitals, I hate to agree with you but you're right. I grew up hearing stories about how the hospital administration put huge pressure on doctors, nurses, social workers, etc. to "retain customers." As in, Gee, Mrs. Smith, you only were able to retain 72% of your customers this quarter. As a result, we've...[insert negative incentive - assigned you to crappier area, given you less of a year-end bonus, etc.].

When money is the driver, then money IS the ONLY driver....

About a decade ago one of my acquaintances, a doctor, admitted over a beer to doing just what's described in this article. He was almost bragging about it. Apparently everybody was doing it and what actually shocked me was when he told me some patients spend more time than needed in the hospital for "looking at doctors the wrong way". This was a bit of an exaggeration on his part, he meant that sometimes if a patient misbehaves they're "punished with "extra time".

He wasn't at all deterred when we asked about legality, morality, and when the Hippocratic oath was brought as a last argument he literally laughed in our faces.

Some doctors see the profession simply as a business opportunity, a source of income. If they're willing to go this low and play with a person's mental health (which if you ask me is akin to torture) the last thing they care about is an oath they took decades ago...

This isn't the only dodgy practice going on in psychiatric hospitals. I spent several weeks transcribing medical notes from a mental hospital — and a recurring suspicion I kept getting from the notes (from my unqualified perspective) was of patients effectively being treated as guinea-pigs. Psychiatric doctors seemed to have little or no clue in advance, which medications/dosages might alleviate a patient's symptoms without incurring worse side-effects (they'd try 5 or 10 medications/doses over six weeks, before being satisfied in under 1/3 of cases — with the remaining 2/3 of cases basically going around in circles for months or years). They just kept experimenting, basically, until they got the patients' external affect appear somewhat balanced!

Frankly, based on what I saw, I would say that "modern" psychiatric medicine is about as advanced as regular medicine was, 100–150 years ago. The best thing you can do is to pray you don't end up in one of these hospitals — because if you do, you will lose almost all of your liberty!

Oversight and penalties for abuse should be much stronger.

Honest questions:

How would we know the difference between a psychiatric medication that worked, and one that didn't? Clinical trials? How reliable are these — and who sponsors/runs them?
How can we be sure that psychiatric hospitals aren't influenced by financial incentives or advertising, in the medication they prescribe?
What could go wrong,
when a financially motivated psychiatric hospital has control of a patient's medication, as well as their discharge date — where the patient effectively has no control over these things? What would stop a malicious doctor from adjusting medication slightly, until a patient displays the symptoms required to keep them in for longer — while reversing cause and effect in the medical notes, claiming to adjust medication because of the changing symptoms?

People in or next to the system saying what patients have been saying for decades, the only difference these people aren't being gas lighted.
forum-rules.php

"Neurons that fire together wire together, neurons that are out of sync fail to link"
Riccola
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:49 am

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:29 am

Analysts Expect Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $2.64 Billion https://transcriptdaily.com/2017/06/24/ ... llion.html

transcriptdaily stupid spam website but still Quarterly "Sales" of $2.64 Billion

Meanwhile as far as I know those bastards still don't allow "Long distance" telephone calls for patient prisoners from the phones in their psychiatric hellholes.

I am going to find out, I am going to call one or more of their psychiatric hellholes and just ask if the patient phones can do a "long distance" phone call. I hope I remember to do this.

Long distance telephone call is such an antiquated term that it doesn't even show up in Google suggest but in a UHS hellhole people fraudulently imprisoned can't make one cheap bastards.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 am

Congressmen press HHS to investigate Universal Health Services' behavioral facilities
By Lisa Schencker | June 23, 2015
Two congressmen are pressing HHS on its investigation into the operations of Universal Health Services' behavioral facilities.

Reps. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.) and Danny Davis (D-Ill.) wrote a letter Tuesday to Andy Slavitt, CMS acting administrator, asking for an update on HHS' investigation and for information on any actions that the CMS or HHS plan to take.

“Given the serious allegations of fraud, negligence and staff retaliation, we have serious concerns about the welfare of patients,” the congressmen wrote.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20150623/NEWS/150629958
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:36 am

Above post story was 2015 oops,

UHS hospital in Oklahoma faces Medicare termination on heels of Buzzfeed News investigation
Written by Ayla Ellison June 12, 2017 http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/uhs-hospital-in-oklahoma-faces-medicare-termination-on-heels-of-buzzfeed-news-investigation.html
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Videos Show UHS Hospital Staff Assaulting Young Patients
BuzzFeed News-Nov 11, 2017
Videos Show UHS Hospital Staff Assaulting Young Patients ... Now, a deep examination of UHS's Hill Crest facility — based on internal ...

Shocking videos show staff viciously abusing patients at one of ...
Highly Cited-Daily Mail-Nov 11, 2017

Footage of one particularly brutal incident shows the moment 15-year-old Hayden Vice was taken into a room and attacked by two male nurses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073807/Shocking-video-shows-staff-viciously-abusing-patients.html

Hellholes
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 pm

I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6