Our partner

Want to stop the power abuse by psychiatry? Go on Twitter!

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Want to stop the power abuse by psychiatry? Go on Twitter!

Postby WiseMonkey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:11 am

Hey everyone!

I just want to say that doing nothing except ranting on this forum won't change anything in our mental health system. Everyone here knows about the dark side of psychiatry. For things to change the rest of the public should know about it. Come out of your dark corner and start raising awareness if you truly care about all those who get mistreated by the system. You have a lot to say about your experiences so go on Twitter and say it to everyone! Venting here is great and you can continue to emotionally support each other here, but if you truly want things to change, venting and ranting is not enough. Get out into the world and make your contribution into changing the culture. That's what I am doing now and you are welcome to join me.

WM
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://therapyconsumerguide.com/
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Want to stop the power abuse by psychiatry? Go on Twitte

Postby Copy_Cat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 am

O.k

But I have to learn twitter.

I like to keep this forum full of links v http://www.mindfreedom.org/truth/truth-flyer-text/

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0030185

I am the copy_cat , I like to copy_paste , I like cats , I like human rights activism , I don't like psychiatric fraud.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:23 am

Postby WiseMonkey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 am

Twitter is easy. If you go to the main page, it'll tell you step-by-step how to open an account and once you open it, I'll explain you how it works. It's really easy and you'll love it since you are a copy cat. :D Twitter is made specifically for copy cats like you because all ppl do there is to copy and paste links to the online resources they like. You are so resourceful Copy Cat, Don't waste your knowledge! Tell many people what you know. They really need it!

WM
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:22 am

How about this ?

Inside closed doors of mental hospitals . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5C_J0-hRDY
Last edited by Copy_Cat on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 am

Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:21 am

WiseMonkey wrote:Hey everyone!

I just want to say that doing nothing except ranting on this forum won't change anything in our mental health system. Everyone here knows about the dark side of psychiatry. For things to change the rest of the public should know about it. Come out of your dark corner and start raising awareness if you truly care about all those who get mistreated by the system. You have a lot to say about your experiences so go on Twitter and say it to everyone! Venting here is great and you can continue to emotionally support each other here, but if you truly want things to change, venting and ranting is not enough. Get out into the world and make your contribution into changing the culture. That's what I am doing now and you are welcome to join me.

WM

How is twitter going ? Psychforums has just reached 70'000 members and many of them read the topics here so don't stop posting !
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby WiseMonkey » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 am

No worries. I tweet all the time and have no intention of stopping. If you provide more links to outside sources, it'd help tremendously! By the way, if you know of any online critique of talk therapy and can send me links, it'd be awesome as this is something I am passionate about. I am not a psychiatric survivor, I've never taken psych drugs, but I was damaged emotionally in talk therapy. No one has any clue about how dangerous talk therapy can be sometimes, because this is much harder to see that the danger of psych drugs. People are slowly becoming aware of dangers of psychiatry, there is very little awareness out there, but there is some. When it comes to talk therapy, no one knows anything about how it can harm, except the victims, most of whom keep their mouths shut, and many of them aren't even aware that they are victims/survivors because they've been completely brainwashed by their therapists. So, any outside resources you can suggest will help greatly..Actually, I don't even know if you or anyone else will be able to find something I haven't already found. There are very few online resources on the subject, including my website, and I think I know all of them, but anyway..

WM
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Copy_Cat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby WiseMonkey » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 pm

I am already following Mad in America on TW, but thanks. I know about Mind Freedom. I looked at their tweets at some point and they were mostly about their local events, but I'll look again, may be they've changed. I definitely like their website. By the way, here is the link you might like. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/rising-painkiller-addiction-shows-damage-from-drugmakers-role-in-shaping-medical-opinion/2012/12/30/014205a6-4bc3-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html It's about how psychiatrists in some cities have become drug dealers and made a large number of people addicted to opiates.

WM
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Want to stop the power abuse by psychiatry? Go on Twitter!

Postby Copy_Cat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 pm

I still don't know how to work twitter. Anyone here in 2016 good at it ?
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post